Image ImageImage Image

PG: Did they know there was a game tonight?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Re: PG: Did they know there was a game tonight? 

Post#101 » by coldfish » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 pm

+1 to Duck in this thread.

Coby has had like 1 good stint on the floor since returning. Outside of that he has been a complete train wreck. He was really bad last year. He hasn't earned the level of respect that he is getting from BD, so that means:
- BD envisions Coby having a critical role and is trying to get him up to speed quickly and is willing to sacrifice wins to do it
- BD thinks that Coby is playing great and hasn't noticed any problems
- AK is trying to pump and dump

I'm really disappointed with Donovan on how this has been handled. I really think the pump and dump is unlikely. I also think that BD is smart enough to know that Coby has played poorly. That leaves option A, which is somewhat befuddling.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,951

Post#102 » by Wingy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:51 pm

coldfish wrote:+1 to Duck in this thread.

Coby has had like 1 good stint on the floor since returning. Outside of that he has been a complete train wreck. He was really bad last year. He hasn't earned the level of respect that he is getting from BD, so that means:
- BD envisions Coby having a critical role and is trying to get him up to speed quickly and is willing to sacrifice wins to do it

I'm really disappointed with Donovan on how this has been handled. I really think the pump and dump is unlikely. I also think that BD is smart enough to know that Coby has played poorly. That leaves option A, which is somewhat befuddling.

Option 1 - like it or not, Coby does bring a scoring ability no one from the bench has at all.

Why is option 3 so unlikely? Coby’s a GarPax guy. They weren’t afraid to bench him for Sato. I think the answer is that they want to package him for someone in the AKME mold.

HCA is important when a series extends, but I think it’s somewhat overrated when it can be lost in just one game. I’d rather have better personnel. If pumping and trading Coby gets us someone who’s a better fit, then I’d sacrifice some wins for that. There’s no team in the East we should fear besides the Bucks.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#103 » by coldfish » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:01 pm

Wingy wrote:

Option 1 - like it or not, Coby does bring a scoring ability no one from the bench has at all.

Why is option 3 so unlikely? Coby’s a GarPax guy. They weren’t afraid to bench him for Sato. I think the answer is that they want to package him for someone in the AKME mold.

HCA is important when a series extends, but I think it’s somewhat overrated when it can be lost in just one game. I’d rather have better personnel. If pumping and trading Coby gets us someone who’s a better fit, then I’d sacrifice some wins for that. There’s no team in the East we should fear besides the Bucks.

I think that pump and dump is a fan hypothetical. I'm not sure real teams do it, possibly because it can backfire spectacularly. Other team's opinion is very likely to go down, not up, with unwarranted playing time.

That leaves option 1 and I get your comments about scoring. I just don't see the need to play him when he clearly isn't ready. Personally, I would have given him a Windy City stint.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,951

Post#104 » by Wingy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm

coldfish wrote:
Wingy wrote:

I think that pump and dump is a fan hypothetical. I'm not sure real teams do it, possibly because it can backfire spectacularly. Other team's opinion is very likely to go down, not up, with unwarranted playing time.

That leaves option 1 and I get your comments about scoring. I just don't see the need to play him when he clearly isn't ready. Personally, I would have given him a Windy City stint.

I said somewhere before, I think any impact on W/L will come out in the wash. It’s already even (PDX vs NYK), and surely he’s going to get better than his first few games.

Strong disagree on the WCB narrative held by many. His biggest problem is fitting in with a brand new team, in a completely different role. WCB does absolutely nothing to help him with that, and in fact, likely pushes him into his old role but worse - where by default, he’s actually the clear best player. IMO, the only way he’s going to learn to be more complimentary on this team is by getting game reps.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#105 » by TyrusRose2425 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:50 am

coldfish wrote:
Wingy wrote:

I think he is being played for the purpose of trade value but perhaps not as a "pump as dump". Keep him entirely out of the rotation and his trade value will be worth nothing. Keep playing him and even if he struggles, some teams might think "well they keep playing him so they must see something behind the scenes really good that we don't".

As talked about in the other thread, Jokic appears to be the big prize the FO is targeting. My guess is that Vucevic packaged with Pat Williams is what we'll hope gets it done. That leaves Coby White + TBJ + Portland 1st + maybe DJJ as your only trade assets for a PF if we make a move. We can't really afford to entirely kill of Coby's trade value given our limited trade resources.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

PG: Did they know there was a game tonight? 

Post#106 » by The Force. » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:58 am

TyrusRose2425 wrote:
As talked about in the other thread, Jokic appears to be the big prize the FO is targeting. My guess is that Vucevic packaged with Pat Williams is what we'll hope gets it done. That leaves Coby White + TBJ + Portland 1st + maybe DJJ as your only trade assets for a PF if we make a move. We can't really afford to entirely kill of Coby's trade value given our limited trade resources.

There is no reality where Vuc + PWill gets you Nikola Jokic.

Try throwing in at least two FRPs, which will have to be 2027 or later.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#107 » by TyrusRose2425 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:16 am

The Force. wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:

I agree, I meant in terms of "prize possession" in a trade (BIG "if" that he even requests one this summer)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#108 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:11 am

The Force. wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:

Agreed need more assets even if Jokic demands the bulls. Denver needs to recover big time after maybe losing MPJ forever? They are going for a big haul in Jokic and it will be highest bidder.

Return to Chicago Bulls