ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui Hachimura 2.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: Rui Hachimura 2.0 

Post#261 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 pm

It's a first step. He must be feeling solid enough to be out and about. Good!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,915

Post#262 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:04 pm

prime1time wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/rui-hachimura-begin-practicing-go-go-soon?cid=sm_npd_rsn_dc_twt_mn
Rui Hachimura's road towards returning from a long absence due to personal reasons will start accelerating next week, as he is expected to begin training with the Capital City Go-Go, NBC Sports Washington has learned.

Hachimura, 23, could start working with them as soon as Monday. He has been doing individual work at the Wizards' practice facility in southeast D.C. since arriving in town in early October.

Wizards officials have seen encouraging progress in Hachimura's workouts behind closed doors in recent days and weeks. One source familiar with their plans expressed optimism it will not take long before he's ready to play in an NBA game. At this point, it is mostly about getting his conditioning up to speed.

At the end of the day, mental health is a real and legitimate issue. I applaud the Wizards for not rushing Rui and having a plan in place that protects him. When he's ready he will speak. Much better to have fans on a message board speculate that he might never play again than to in any way impede his progress.

Ok reality statement.

Mental health is real and should be addressed with the person suffering in mind first. But the organization should consider any player with mental illness the same way they would with a player with physical problems. I think Rui is a good ball player but if his mental health is going to keep him off the court they should..... do what?

If it is truly a mental health issue it may be BEST for Rui the man, to never play pro ball again (same with Ben). In 20 years Rui won’t be playing basketball professionally regardless. There is no shame in choosing a job that doesn’t cause you mental anguish even if you are good at it. Some of the best public speakers are not leaders because they would rather be individual contributors, and thus leave money on the table. Which is the right thing for that person.

Rui and other people should not do something just because they are good at it but rather because they love it and want to live that life.
People making this choice everyday at nearly every company in America

What ever that answer is, it may not include playing ball
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#263 » by Wizardspride » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:25 am

Read on Twitter
?t=brokOGQh5lWk4hDPnWxVvA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
payitforward
RealGM

Post#264 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:49 am

A lot more arc on those shots! Way to go, Rui!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#265 » by prime1time » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 am

CobraCommander wrote:
prime1time wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/rui-hachimura-begin-practicing-go-go-soon?cid=sm_npd_rsn_dc_twt_mn
Rui Hachimura's road towards returning from a long absence due to personal reasons will start accelerating next week, as he is expected to begin training with the Capital City Go-Go, NBC Sports Washington has learned.

Hachimura, 23, could start working with them as soon as Monday. He has been doing individual work at the Wizards' practice facility in southeast D.C. since arriving in town in early October.

Wizards officials have seen encouraging progress in Hachimura's workouts behind closed doors in recent days and weeks. One source familiar with their plans expressed optimism it will not take long before he's ready to play in an NBA game. At this point, it is mostly about getting his conditioning up to speed.

At the end of the day, mental health is a real and legitimate issue. I applaud the Wizards for not rushing Rui and having a plan in place that protects him. When he's ready he will speak. Much better to have fans on a message board speculate that he might never play again than to in any way impede his progress.

Ok reality statement.

Mental health is real and should be addressed with the person suffering in mind first. But the organization should consider any player with mental illness the same way they would with a player with physical problems. I think Rui is a good ball player but if his mental health is going to keep him off the court they should..... do what?

If it is truly a mental health issue it may be BEST for Rui the man, to never play pro ball again (same with Ben). In 20 years Rui won’t be playing basketball professionally regardless. There is no shame in choosing a job that doesn’t cause you mental anguish even if you are good at it. Some of the best public speakers are not leaders because they would rather be individual contributors, and thus leave money on the table. Which is the right thing for that person.

Rui and other people should not do something just because they are good at it but rather because they love it and want to live that life.
People making this choice everyday at nearly every company in America

What ever that answer is, it may not include playing ball

We have no control over what Rui does or doesn't do.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#266 » by Frichuela » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Apparently, we still have a few weeks to wait to see Rui in a Wizards uniform..has not done any “contact” drills yet…

Read on Twitter
?s=21
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#267 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:40 pm

It's really weird that he is taking so long to do contact drills. He's not coming back from an injury or anything. And he looks like he is in decent shape. It's not like he is fat, or has lost all of his muscle mass. I would think he would be into contact drills within 3 or 4 days after joining the team.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#268 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:56 pm

Frichuela wrote:Apparently, we still have a few weeks to wait to see Rui in a Wizards uniform..has not done any “contact” drills yet…

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, I would have hoped he'd be about ready to play a G League game this week. If he hasn't even done contact drills, it's probably gonna be a while - especially since they still haven't given a timeline. Maybe Christmas for his Wiz debut?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#269 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:26 pm

nate33 wrote:It's really weird that he is taking so long to do contact drills. He's not coming back from an injury or anything. And he looks like he is in decent shape. It's not like he is fat, or has lost all of his muscle mass. I would think he would be into contact drills within 3 or 4 days after joining the team.
I'm not lying I wonder what the **** is really wrong with the dude. They're being very cryptic about it and it seems like it must be really serious.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#270 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Apparently, we still have a few weeks to wait to see Rui in a Wizards uniform..has not done any “contact” drills yet…

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, I would have hoped he'd be about ready to play a G League game this week. If he hasn't even done contact drills, it's probably gonna be a while - especially since they still haven't given a timeline. Maybe Christmas for his Wiz debut?
I'm going to go ahead and start speculating out loud. I'm wondering if he's suffering from something like schizophrenia. I had another thought that maybe he wants to get a sex change. It seems to me that this is taking way too long for young guy who does not have any outward physical problems you just played on an Olympic team
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#271 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm going to go ahead and start speculating out loud. I'm wondering if he's suffering from something like schizophrenia. I had another thought that maybe he wants to get a sex change. It seems to me that this is taking way too long for young guy who does not have any outward physical problems you just played on an Olympic team

Or maybe he has an aversion to Justin Kutcher shouting "Konnichiwa!" after every shot he makes. Rui (not Ruina) will play as soon as they find a replacement for Kutcher?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM

Post#272 » by payitforward » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:01 am

Who could replace Kutcher?

Better they just televise the game & leave out the announcers altogether!
payitforward
RealGM

Post#273 » by payitforward » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:02 am

Rui seems a really nice kid -- just wish him positive stuff. Life is important; basketball is a lot less important.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#274 » by gambitx777 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:28 am

Remember the but shot the kid took that pit him on the self. I wonder if it has something to do with that. That's a sensitive nature and it could explain some things.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#275 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:45 am

Rui on the bench was a sight for sore eyes. Didn’t catch him celebrating with the squad.

The black samurai still not following wiz on social media...and hasn’t even been hyping his new Jordan release.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#276 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:58 am

I assume it was alot more serious than the team let on and the team has been providing cover. Whatever it was, it totally stopped him in his tracks and it seems like he's going through a long road of recovery. I wish him the best and hope he's doing better.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 2, 2021 3:55 am

I just hope Rui can handle the standing O he's gonna get when he steps on the court in a real game for the first time this season.

Yes, at Washington. Sheesh.

Seriously, I think it'll be an important moment for him - if the fans show they support him and care about him.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#278 » by dobrojim » Thu Dec 2, 2021 4:00 am

Ruzious wrote:I just hope Rui can handle the standing O he's gonna get when he steps on the court in a real game for the first time this season.

Seriously, I think it'll be an important moment for him - if the fans show they support him and care about him.

This. 100%.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#279 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 4:33 am

CobraCommander wrote:Rui on the bench was a sight for sore eyes. Didn’t catch him celebrating with the squad.

The black samurai still not following wiz on social media...and hasn’t even been hyping his new Jordan release.

He was smiling and chatting with Deni, TB, Trez, etc on the bench throughout the game when they showed him in the background.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#280 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 2, 2021 4:38 am

Ruzious wrote:I just hope Rui can handle the standing O he's gonna get when he steps on the court in a real game for the first time this season.

I agree- also have you always been a bucks fan? I see you here so often I assumed you rocked with the Wiz

Return to Washington Wizards