ImageImageImage

AOS: BKN 123, BOS 104 (10-9)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Re: AOS: BKN 123, BOS 104 (10-9) 

Post#61 » by Drax » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:50 pm

I'm so grateful my sleep schedule is a mess, i fell asleep during the 2nd quarter (2.20AM CET) and woke up couple of minutes after the game was finished. Turned off the computer was a bit angry and went to bed again.

No shame in loosing to KD and the Nets, but blow outs suck no matter what.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#62 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Key of the game in my opinion is not letting Aldridge and Mills go off. Harden and Durant are going to get their points. Keep Mills and LMA from going off for 30-40 points and Celtics win in my opinion

For the record: Mills and LMA had a combined 40 points on 15-25 60% shooting. smh
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#63 » by Triple7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:25 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Key of the game in my opinion is not letting Aldridge and Mills go off. Harden and Durant are going to get their points. Keep Mills and LMA from going off for 30-40 points and Celtics win in my opinion

For the record: Mills and LMA had a combined 40 points on 15-25 60% shooting. smh

Mills with 7 3’s lol. I thought we have good defensive players haha. That proves having 2 top 5 players that can shoot anywhere in one team is lethal. It doesn’t matter how good your team defensively. We literally had to double KD and Harden everytime. Mills had a field day. We also had a lot of wide open 3’s, just bricked most of it. :lol: As good as KD and Harden at shooting, they mixed it up by attacking the hoop from time to time. There is no way of defeating them if we just focus on defense. We better have the fire power offensively to keep up with them. By the way good call on the LMA and Mills key to winning. Sadly, those two went off on us hard.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#64 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

SichtingLives wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:2008 was the worst thing to happen to this fanbase. False sense of identity. Celtic basketball isn't winning basketball and hasn't been for many decades.

Winning a championship was bad?

If it is the precursor that paves the road for 20,30 -> years of pointlessness then absolutely, thats not what anyone was sold at the time but it is what is happening. Prob still wouldn't be contending anyway but there definitely wouldn't be a perpetual free pass for ownership and management if that blip in time doesn't happen. Made people think we were something we aren't and let complacency sink in

Is it any fan base that can look back on winning a 'ship and find something negative about it or is that unique to Boston? That's a special kind of miserable brother.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#65 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Mills with 7 3’s lol. I thought we have good defensive players haha. That proves having 2 top 5 players that can shoot anywhere in one team is lethal. It doesn’t matter how good your team defensively. We literally had to double KD and Harden everytime. Mills had a field day. We also had a lot of wide open 3’s, just bricked most of it. :lol: As good as KD and Harden at shooting, they mixed it up by attacking the hoop from time to time. There is no way of defeating them if we just focus on defense. We better have the fire power offensively to keep up with them. By the way good call on the LMA and Mills key to winning. Sadly, those two went off on us hard.

Question: Celtics have their Harden/Durant with Tatum/Brown. Who are the Celtics LMA and Mills that consistently provide offense?

I guess you can say Schroder/Horford but the Celtics need more shooting and for Tatum/Brown to grow up.

And no I’m not saying Tatum/Brown are as good as Harden/Durant. That’s not the point
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#66 » by cl2117 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:For the record: Mills and LMA had a combined 40 points on 15-25 60% shooting. smh

Question: Celtics have their Harden/Durant with Tatum/Brown. Who are the Celtics LMA and Mills that consistently provide offense?

I guess you can say Schroder/Horford but the Celtics need more shooting and for Tatum/Brown to grow up.

And no I’m not saying Tatum/Brown are as good as Harden/Durant. That’s not the point

Schroder and Horford should be able to provide that. I think they're both better than LMA and Mills overall, but hard to say that after last night.

Pritchard and Grant to a lesser extent. JRich and Kanter as well. There just is no consistency with us and it's impossible to guess who will have the hot hand. Sometimes it's none of the above and then you're just DOA.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,843

Post#67 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Number of drives against the Nets matched our season average, which is in top 7 of the league. Our assist % on those drives was double our season average. We can't go drive-and-kick-repeat when Nets aren't even scrambling to close out. They were just leaving us open and Cs weren't making wide open threes. Per NBA stats log, Nets only "contested" 25 of our 48 three-pt attempts.

Even with all the misses, Cs still ended up with a 73.5% assist percentage. That's high for us. Potential assists = 57. Extraordinarily high for us. So it was not like we weren't finding open shots. We were just not making enough of them.

Then compound that with letting the misses affect our defense. Hello, blowout loss.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,843

Post#68 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Gotta give credit to Nash and KD for their defense on Tatum, who wasn't able to extricate himself from KD even with the screens. Just made it tough for Tatum to get his three-ball going. Then when he tried to drive, there were three guys waiting for him in the paint. Jaylen was just off. Must be the hamstring still not 100%.

Not gonna complain about the reffing. Our players got to overcome that. Life is unfair in the NBA. Or become bona fide stars so calls go your way.
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#69 » by Garbanzo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:25 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:They can't shoot so throw the career 30 pct shooter who has no other skills out there?

Its 33%, down from 37% last season.
Wonder why it is, that a young guy with confidence issues who plays sparingly, cant be steady a knock down shooter.
Really, its a riddle.

I personally think a can also be a greqt defender, energy guy, who will later use his shooting ability to drive into the paint (has done so occasionally).

I LOVE Grant, but playing him over Langford and Nesmith doesn't make any sense in the long run.

What exactly is the long run though? Honestly at this point I think Williams may have a longer career then Langford in the NBA. It wouldn't surprise me if Langford Is playing in china in the next year or 2. As for Nesmith He's just unplayable at this point.He's a shooter that can't shoot.

Well, I dont. Langford belongs, no doubt.
Are you comparing Grant's ceiling to Langford's?
Thats hilarious.

Langford shown ton of potential.
And as for Neamith being unplayable.. Watch Grant's awful defense against the lakers in the first half and get back to me.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#70 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:03 am

Garbanzo wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Its 33%, down from 37% last season.
Wonder why it is, that a young guy with confidence issues who plays sparingly, cant be steady a knock down shooter.
Really, its a riddle.

I personally think a can also be a greqt defender, energy guy, who will later use his shooting ability to drive into the paint (has done so occasionally).

I LOVE Grant, but playing him over Langford and Nesmith doesn't make any sense in the long run.

What exactly is the long run though? Honestly at this point I think Williams may have a longer career then Langford in the NBA. It wouldn't surprise me if Langford Is playing in china in the next year or 2. As for Nesmith He's just unplayable at this point.He's a shooter that can't shoot.

Well, I dont. Langford belongs, no doubt.
Are you comparing Grant's ceiling to Langford's?
Thats hilarious.

Langford shown ton of potential.
And as for Neamith being unplayable.. Watch Grant's awful defense against the lakers in the first half and get back to me.

Romeo's shot looks so much better than the last 2 years/college/high school. His slashing ability is as advertised, he just needs to improve on his finishing ability. He can get tough rebounds and looks above average on defense.

I wish we saw this type of development last year, but it's much better late than never. Romeo has a future in this league, if not this team, as long as he continues in the right direction like the first 20 games this season.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#71 » by MaxwellSmart » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:31 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
MaxwellSmart wrote:Aldridge almost died awhile back and now he's dominating us, gimme a break, maybe he just forced his way onto the Nets.

This isn't a case of a guy being hopelessly ill on one team and then recovering to play on another. (cf Alonzo Mourning's return to the Heat). Aldridge went to the Nets, was judged too sick to play, and is back with the Nets now that his health is judged to be better.

My bad, I thought he had retired while still on the Spurs....you are correct.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#72 » by rmal8852 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 am

Ime is the Ass.

Far too many very poor starts this year.

That’s on him.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#73 » by Triple7 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:For the record: Mills and LMA had a combined 40 points on 15-25 60% shooting. smh

We don’t have a patty mills on our team. Aldridge and horford are almost the same. Horford better defender, but LMA a better scorer/shooter. We need a guy that can come in and score in bunches. Also someone that can shoot and sink wide open 3’s like Mills. The heat have that in duncan robinson and herro. The bucks have players that can shoot as well. I agree we need more shooting. The more the better.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,380

Post#74 » by robbie84 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:41 am

It's hard to get momentum when a team shoots that well. Patty Mills has been god like.
Some nights there's just nothing you can do when good shooting teams get hot.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Post#75 » by Red2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:12 pm

It took adding KG and Ray Allen for Pierce to win a title. Prior to that Paul was an immature playet who put up good numbers on bad teams. I think Tatum is on a similar path. It may take a while but i think Tatum and. Brown can win titles in Boston but we will need to find some more pieces
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#76 » by 24istheLAW » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

But I don't think you can disentangle Durant/Harden being much better from the question here. LMA and Mills come to Brooklyn, to play for the smallest amount of money possible, because Durant/Harden are those dudes.

Mills is playing for a bit less than $6m this year. Aldridge, Griffin, Millsap, DeAndre Bembry are playing for a bit over $10m combined. That's five guys playing for the AAV of Marcus Smart's extension, or four guys playing for the AAV of Robert Williams' extension.

I think the real takeaway here is that drafting-and-developing a team of that caliber is just unrealistic. You need your superstars to be Those Dudes (TM), so you can access the efficient ring-chasing market. Rather than pay a premium on every old role player because your top guys aren't good enough.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,873

Post#77 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm

24istheLAW wrote:
I think the real takeaway here is that drafting-and-developing a team of that caliber is just unrealistic. You need your superstars to be Those Dudes (TM), so you can access the efficient ring-chasing market. Rather than pay a premium on every old role player because your top guys aren't good enough.

Except that Milwaukee just won a title going the drafting and developing route, and Golden State won three titles going that route. And when I last counted, the number of NBA titles won by the Brooklyn Nets was zero.

The problem with this team is that Tatum and Brown just aren't good enough. So, do you wait and wait, hoping they will become that good (like Giannis and Steph Curry) or do you make a determination that you need to rebuild sooner rather than later. That's Stevens' dilemma at the moment.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,557

Post#78 » by Setshot33 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Red2 wrote:It took adding KG and Ray Allen for Pierce to win a title. Prior to that Paul was an immature playet who put up good numbers on bad teams. I think Tatum is on a similar path. It may take a while but i think Tatum and. Brown can win titles in Boston but we will need to find some more pieces

Well, as with Pierce, neither Tatum or Brown are alphas,like KG was.

Got to find that guy: the one who sets the attitude and expectations on the floor.
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach

Return to Boston Celtics