Mavs/Pacers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Mavs/Pacers 

Post#1 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm

MAVS
In: Warren / Mcconell
Out: Bullock / Brunson

Mavs opt for a wing who can create his own offense and would be a great fit, and a guard who is a good facilitator and defender and balances the 2 unit.

KP / Powell
Warren / Maxi
DFS / THJ
Ntilikina / Burke
Luka / Mcconell

PACERS
In: Brunson / Bullock
Out: Warren / TJ

Pacers get Brunson (a gift for Rick) to be their long-term guard and I think he would be a great fit with Brogdon in the backcourt and a locked 3D Wing that Carlisle likes.

Turner / Goga
Sabonis / Craig
Duarte / Bullock
Brogdon / Lamb
Brunson / Levert

Thoughts ??
1+1=11
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Mavs/Pacers 

Post#2 » by LAL1947 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:MAVS
In: Warren / Mcconell
Out: Bullock / Brunson

KP / Powell
Warren / Maxi
DFS / THJ
Ntilikina / Burke
Luka / Mcconell

Thoughts ??

It's a nice idea. :thumbsup:

A concern I have is age, not sure if it's a valid concern or not. TJ Warren is 28, TJ McConnell is 29. From the rest of the 10-man rotation you listed: Kleber and Powell are 30, THJ and Burke are 29, DFS and WCS are 28... so it doesn't seem to be moving things in the right direction.

Also, the Mavs might be better off trading Jalen to NY, where they might get the most bang for their buck since Leon really wants him (if rumors are to be believed)... asking for the 2023 Dallas pick back and a young player (or two).
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:36 am

I don’t see any reason for Indy to consider this. TJ is a perfect backup PG, and locked up long term. What will it cost to get Brunson to re-sign at year’s end to be a backup PG long term? Probably much more than TJ McConnell. Otherwise, Bullock doesn’t do a whole lot for Indy other than settling. Warren could really make a major impact if he returns, while Bullock would be a minute eater that would compete with Chris Duarte and Justin Holiday for playing time at the backup wing spots. Having a defined starter coming back in Warren would simply be much more impact than Bullock.

Also, Reggie Bullock didn’t play for Carlisle, so assuming he likes him and basing trade reasoning on that seems weird. Maybe Carlisle likes Warren? Maybe he likes McConnell?
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#4 » by 8305 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:37 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:I don’t see any reason for Indy to consider this. TJ is a perfect backup PG, and locked up long term. What will it cost to get Brunson to re-sign at year’s end to be a backup PG long term? Probably much more than TJ McConnell. Otherwise, Bullock doesn’t do a whole lot for Indy other than settling. Warren could really make a major impact if he returns, while Bullock would be a minute eater that would compete with Chris Duarte and Justin Holiday for playing time at the backup wing spots. Having a defined starter coming back in Warren would simply be much more impact than Bullock.

Also, Reggie Bullock didn’t play for Carlisle, so assuming he likes him and basing trade reasoning on that seems weird. Maybe Carlisle likes Warren? Maybe he likes McConnell?

I don’t see Brunson as a back up point guard for the Pacers. I’d expect him to move into the starting lineup ahead of Levert. That said, I think Pacers still hope for an substantial upside to Warren, bigger than anything we would expect from Brunson.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,385

Post#5 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:47 am

MaConnel can't replace what Brunson gives, and Warren hasn't really played since the bubble, it's not really close for the Mavs.
I'd Warren for Bullock and eat Lamb into TPE, I'm not sure how the Pacers feel about that.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#6 » by youOK » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:20 pm

KhalilS wrote:MaConnel can't replace what Brunson gives, and Warren hasn't really played since the bubble, it's not really close for the Mavs.
I'd Warren for Bullock and eat Lamb into TPE, I'm not sure how the Pacers feel about that.

I can't see why they would ever do that unless part of a bigger deal and they need the salary cap room. Bullock has not been playing well and is signed for two more years while Lamb / Warren are expiring.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:02 pm

If Warren looks like bubble Warren, of course for Dallas. But then Indy doesn't trade him. As is, Dallas needs what Brunson does as a scorer/shot creator more than what TJ brings. I like TJ a lot and he's locked into a deal cheaper than Brunson's next one is likely to be, but Dallas needs to get less Luka dependent not more.

For the Pacers, they could definitely use Brunson too but if they have any hopes Warren is going to be Warren any time soon they should just wait on that. Bullock isn't moving the needle for them any.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions