GT: Nets @ Celtics: 11/24, 730pm EST on ESPN

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics: 11/24, 730pm EST on ESPN 

Post#101 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Were clearly the best team in the East.

Everyone keeps claiming we haven't looked great. Well who has?

The Bucks had a horrible start. The Heat have been up and down. At least we have been consistent.

Forget it if Kyrie is back. Its over.

I still have the Bucks and maybe Miami ahead of us, the Bucks have been dominant this season when their big 3 play and both these teams beat us fairly handedly.

We are making strides, but I won't be calling us the best team anywhere until we show we can even put up a decent fight against a contender.

Why should the Bucks be ahead of us when they have a worse record and we have more talent?

I don't give a **** about one regular season game. Means nothing.

The Bucks are overrated. They won't beat us in a playoff series if healthy.

The Heat are not in the conversation.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#102 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

The Bucks had a horrible start. The Heat have been up and down. At least we have been consistent.

I still have the Bucks and maybe Miami ahead of us, the Bucks have been dominant this season when their big 3 play and both these teams beat us fairly handedly.

We are making strides, but I won't be calling us the best team anywhere until we show we can even put up a decent fight against a contender.

Why should the Bucks be ahead of us when they have a worse record and we have more talent?

There's one thing Bucks have that we don't. They have chemistry and good coach.

Most here don't believe in Nash right?

Heat? They got Spo and Riley.

Can we rewrite history?

If Kyrie is back than all bets are off. We just way to good. Until than it's 50/50 till later into this season.

Scariest question is.... will Harden stay with us?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#103 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:38 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Can we rewrite history?

If Kyrie is back than all bets are off. We just way to good. Until than it's 50/50 till later into this season.

Will the bucks make it out of the first round/play in? if not for injuries, they wouldnt have gotten very far last year. this year THEY are the team with injuries. i dont have them as a top 4 east team, unless they run into injury luck 3 straight rounds again.

Heat scare me, not just team but coaching. Philly was a pretender before the simmons stuff. i dont see a team that is stronger then us, although miami is tough without kyrie.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#104 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Just watched this game (was travelling for the holidays). Boston is trash and despite celtics fans delusional stubborness, Kyrie isnt, wasnt the problem there. current players, former players, coaches, gms, and owner of the team came out and said it. fans refused to believe it. Kyrie wasnt a problem for them until he was a net and they had to watch him destory their team to the tune of 30+ ppg on 68% shooting in the regular season + playoffs and 1-8 vs nets since Kyrie dumped them.

The Celtics are officially our biotches. Kyrie ethered the team, fanbase, and city outing them as the racist garbage they are and then they proved him right one night after his comments with current celtics players basically saying "yeah i mean kyrie's not wrong about the racism"

KD owns tatum. he saw in the playoffs and Team usa that KD is the big dog and he is just a mutt.

Jaylen Brown is toxic. not in necessarily a bad way... like he stood up for his beliefs when heyward was all super right wing pro trump in his face and then just had a big ego off playoff runs and is a natural alpha. Ainge needed to split rozier/brown from Tatum/smart a long time ago. Maybe stevens gets that now.

That team is headed nowhere fast.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#105 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:02 pm

My thoughts....

1) Not sure what is up with Blake. LMA played well enough to earn the starting nod but Blake has been really solid defensively and as a glue guy. his shooting has been awful, but i think he deserves backup 5 minutes still. I hope this was matchup based (boston goes small, allowing us to go very small). maybe some time off with get blake hitting shots again?

2) LMA has been unreal shooting. im hoping this is like jeff green where its an outlier season but he keeps it up all year because part of it is getting more wide open looks then he ever has before. The new rules really have given LMA's career new life. last year he would be forced to constantly switch. now you can defend the pick and roll with drop coverage, and he becomes a positive defensively instead of a liability.

3) Bembry is a G.

4) KD doesnt look quite right sitll. like not far off but he is defintely like 85%. seems minor with the shoulder. Harden i think is ready to explode. He has learned the officiating and seems a bit quicker every game. he is going to go nuclear one night when his threes are falling and drop 45/15/8 or something like that. hopefully vs the knicks that would be fun.

5) Cam is playing his role perfectly. being aggressive but within the flow and not taking the dumb shots he was prone to in college. being on a team with megastars probably helps defer from that. I think he needs to Carve himself a Kyle Anderson role. its fine to come off the bench and spam 2-point jumpers as long as they fall and try and get to the FT line. His threes may improve but its not going to happen overnight. i assume he will have an up and down in and out of the lineup role when Harris/Brown returns. hopefully he keeps his head up thorugh inconsistent playing time

6) Ime is trash. sucked for us last year with the D, bostons sucks despite defenders all over. trash.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#106 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:41 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Can we rewrite history?

Bucks were getting destroyed until Kyrie got injured. And Budz was on the verge of being fired.

I would rather have talent over coaching any day.

Spo can't coach his team over KD and Harden with Butler and Lowry. Its not in the same universe talent wise.

I think 50/50 is absurd.

The only team that can really beat us in my view is the Lakers.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#107 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:My thoughts....

1) Not sure what is up with Blake. LMA played well enough to earn the starting nod but Blake has been really solid defensively and as a glue guy. his shooting has been awful, but i think he deserves backup 5 minutes still. I hope this was matchup based (boston goes small, allowing us to go very small). maybe some time off with get blake hitting shots again?

2) LMA has been unreal shooting. im hoping this is like jeff green where its an outlier season but he keeps it up all year because part of it is getting more wide open looks then he ever has before. The new rules really have given LMA's career new life. last year he would be forced to constantly switch. now you can defend the pick and roll with drop coverage, and he becomes a positive defensively instead of a liability.

3) Bembry is a G.

4) KD doesnt look quite right sitll. like not far off but he is defintely like 85%. seems minor with the shoulder. Harden i think is ready to explode. He has learned the officiating and seems a bit quicker every game. he is going to go nuclear one night when his threes are falling and drop 45/15/8 or something like that. hopefully vs the knicks that would be fun.

5) Cam is playing his role perfectly. being aggressive but within the flow and not taking the dumb shots he was prone to in college. being on a team with megastars probably helps defer from that. I think he needs to Carve himself a Kyle Anderson role. its fine to come off the bench and spam 2-point jumpers as long as they fall and try and get to the FT line. His threes may improve but its not going to happen overnight. i assume he will have an up and down in and out of the lineup role when Harris/Brown returns. hopefully he keeps his head up thorugh inconsistent playing time

6) Ime is trash. sucked for us last year with the D, bostons sucks despite defenders all over. trash.

Blake has been good on defense but on offense he was killing us because the center can just camp in the paint since he was dreadful shooting the ball. With LMA out there the starting unit looked so much better.

James Johnson has also stepped his game up over the last 3 contests as well as a small ball 5 next to Milsap off the bench.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,819

Post#108 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

were we a better team last season than the Bucks before the injuries? Certainly, I think we would have spanked them 4-2 at the worst

However they've now got the championship experience and the confidence that comes with it. We are down a key part of our big 3 and while I do like our role players, we are in the phase of finding our way. You can't watch this Nets team and tell me it's the same team as a season ago, a season ago we NEVER had scoring droughts, now we have one on lock every single half.

The good things are

1. long way to go this season, so we have time to figure it out
2. Marks will make some moves, be assured
3. The defense and depth is legitimately better this season, so if our offense turns around I'd feel very confident we can limit the other team enough to be the top team in the league

My issue right now is that Harden and KD are both fantastic players, but they are extremely stubborn in terms of their own playstyle. We are clearing struggling offensively at times so are they able to adjust enough in order to have our team offense flowing, maybe the solution is to have LMA and Patty play more minutes and for Cam to take up the backup scoring role and for Jevon Carter to never get another minute, but until I see it - I've got Bucks ahead of us
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#109 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:23 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

were we a better team last season than the Bucks before the injuries? Certainly, I think we would have spanked them 4-2 at the worst

However they've now got the championship experience and the confidence that comes with it. We are down a key part of our big 3 and while I do like our role players, we are in the phase of finding our way. You can't watch this Nets team and tell me it's the same team as a season ago, a season ago we NEVER had scoring droughts, now we have one on lock every single half.

The good things are

3. The defense and depth is legitimately better this season, so if our offense turns around I'd feel very confident we can limit the other team enough to be the top team in the league

My issue right now is that Harden and KD are both fantastic players, but they are extremely stubborn in terms of their own playstyle. We are clearing struggling offensively at times so are they able to adjust enough in order to have our team offense flowing, maybe the solution is to have LMA and Patty play more minutes and for Cam to take up the backup scoring role and for Jevon Carter to never get another minute, but until I see it - I've got Bucks ahead of us

I agree with everything you said... only on top of all of that i view the bucks as a middle of the pack team. low key they have been hurt more by the rule changes then us. Giannis got more fraud calls then harden did last year. harden didnt even get many FTA last season compared to the past.

Bucks are not some great team.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#110 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:02 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Can we rewrite history?

Bucks were getting destroyed until Kyrie got injured. And Budz was on the verge of being fired.

I would rather have talent over coaching any day.

Spo can't coach his team over KD and Harden with Butler and Lowry. Its not in the same universe talent wise.

I think 50/50 is absurd.

The only team that can really beat us in my view is the Lakers.

Saying defending champs fluke, yet think washed up LBJ who couldn't stay healthy past two years, and injury waiting to happen AD is better?

MJ, Shaq, Kobe etc players were getting their azz handed to them until top coaches came to rescue. Now tell us how their respective teams were lesser compared to this team.

50/50 is absurd :lol: we will revisit this some months from now.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#111 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:10 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

The good things are

You guys have such short term memories.

This team last year was in a far worse position to start off the season. We were around .500. We had a ton of injuries. No chemistry. A horrific defense. And we trade rumors swirling.

This year our defense is much improved. We have the best record in the East. And our 2nd best player is still recovering from injury.

You've got the Bucks ahead of us because of our problems. What about their problems lol?

They are 16th ranked in defense.

And despite our "droughts" we are 3rd ranked in offense. Thats with Harden being on and off.

The Bucks were getting destroyed last year with KD and Kyrie. And a WORSE supporting cast. We didn't have Patty Mills or LMA last year.

And Harden is better than Kyrie once healthy. Even without Kyrie this team is far better than last year.

What have the Bucks done to improve exactly?

PJ Tucker was their only guy who could guard KD. Now who will do it?

"Confidence" is not going to take them past two MVPs in their prime. Sorry.

Only the Lakers have the talent to beat this Nets team in my view.

Return to Brooklyn Nets