Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Re: GT #19 Suns @ Cavaliers, 24 November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 am

I'm really tired of getting Rogered at home. I mean Darius Garland fouls out? At least one of those was because McGee ran him over. They waved off two made threes and it looked to me that the foul was called after the gather both times.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#3 » by sisibilio » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 am

Yep, lots of questionable calls.
How wasn't the Magee foul not unsportsmanlike, clear path or whatever you call it?

Anyway, if they keep playing like this Cavs will be a playoff team for sure.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:13 pm

sisibilio wrote:Yep, lots of questionable calls.
How wasn't the Magee foul not unsportsmanlike, clear path or whatever you call it?

It wasn't clear path because there were defenders in front of Osman and it wasn't unsportsmanlike because that's now how the refs have been told to interpret the play.

Just more momentum for a rule change ...

otoh, it took the NBA 10 years to start calling points of emphasis they'd come up with 10 years ago ...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

It wasn't clear path because there were defenders in front of Osman and it wasn't unsportsmanlike because that's now how the refs have been told to interpret the play.

otoh, it took the NBA 10 years to start calling points of emphasis they'd come up with 10 years ago ...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12

Yeah, I was afraid that this would go the way of the moving screen point of emphasis, where a month into the season it goes away, and as soon as the stars complained loud enough, it did.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Yeah, I was afraid that this would go the way of the moving screen point of emphasis, where a month into the season it goes away, and as soon as the stars complained loud enough, it did.

I had this hope the difference this season was the the refs were calling things as they actually saw it rather than as how they presumed it went; but there's still way too many phantom calls to support that. Refs are still filling in the "blanks" with what they think they saw or expect to happen and the smart players will be back to exploiting that as soon as they figure out what they can and can't get away with.

Bad news for the Cavs in the short-term, but if we continue to play aggressive defense without fouling at least that will eventually become implanted in the refs minds.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers