2022 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: 2022 NBA Drafti 

Post#681 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm

7ft Ingram on one side with more advanced skill (he has I will say some Dirk style) and 7ft Knicks Zingis on the other
While having a T Prince body composition but with less running motor (doesn’t have to be everywhere)

Chet is most certainly a number 1 type prospect in this draft that is far sure. I mean he’s always been the most skilled or at least right there we all harp on it about his frame but you can’t deny the skill.

Just to touch on the body frame. I have zero concerns from the torso up it’s the knees down that’s the only cause for concern which is valid. Hopefully he does not get top heavy that would be malpractice on the physical development side of things imo. There is some signs on growth but ffs I’ve seen it too many times they put the unnecessary weight in the wrong place.

A lot of leg workouts to come fingers crossed

It’s kind of a downer that Murray will be 22 come draft because dude is basically mini Giannis with a jumper right now it’s a bloody nightmare. I think he’s top 10 anyway.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: 2022 NBA Draft 

Post#682 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:36 pm

mattao313 wrote:What's the biggest differences between Bol Bol and Chet?

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using RealGM mobile app

Between the ears. Chet is a much better basketball player than Bol, Poku, Bradley or any needless 7ft comps like that. Aptitude trumps a lot of things.

Remember Ingram went 2 for perspective and Chet has more skill and is taller.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,103

Post#683 » by NYPiston » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:50 pm

MemphisX wrote:

This board really needs to kill this take. Kevin Durant is playing PF. Kristaps has played the 4 and 5. If Chet gets to the right team/coach. He will play the 3, 4 and 5. Just watch games and see the variety of players playing the 4 and 5. Chris Boucher entered the draft at 182lbs.

Being skinny is not a damn problem in the NBA. Toughness matters more. Same thing happened with Mobley when it was obvious he was more physical than players 30 to 40 pounds heavier than he was.

I think his skill level and timing are so damn obvious. He was the best and most impactful player on a court with probably 5 pros and the likely NCAA player of the year.

Do not over think Chet folks.

P.S. The scariest part of watching Chet dominate was remembering how Wemby was such a clearly better prospect when they were on the same court and he is 3 years younger. Yeesh!

Chet is next level skinny, he almost looks unhealthy and Porzingis? Seriously? The guy is a walking injury and he hasn't been quite the same since his string of injuries with the Knicks. Also, Chet is way thinner than Mobley. Durant was skinny but his offensive skillset was much more advanced at the same age although Chet is more advanced defensively. Durant was the go to guy almost instantly on Texas while Chet is pretty much a role player on Gonzaga, although early days, and it's not like those Texas teams lacked talent.

I said that Chet has a lot of skill, obvious skill as you put it, but I would feel very uneasy about spending a top 3 pick on somebody who has the frame of a 10 year old kid and I don't see a frame that has a lot of room for growth. I think there will be a lot of debate about him as an elite prospect come draft time mainly because of his frame and if it can hold up at the NBA level. I just don't know how anybody can see him as a sure thing with that frame or gets upset at people who see it as a concern.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,411

Post#684 » by azcatz11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:14 am

Is that kid from Wisconsin an nba player? Jonny rogers? He reminds me of Gary Harris
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,091

Post#685 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:35 pm

Too early to make any kind of confident ranking but at this point I'd say there's no tier 1 prospect for me, i.e. a prospect that I would expect to be a franchise player. I'd have four guys in tier 2 at this point – Keegan Murray, Jaden Ivey, Jabari Smith and Paolo Banchero. But that's still very fluid, and I can see some guys breaking into or falling out of that tier.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#686 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:49 pm

i get the Keegan love and he's def a lotto guy at this point but the guy is gonna be a 22yr old rookie, just can't justify a top5 pick almost based on that fact alone.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,091

Post#687 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:i get the Keegan love and he's def a lotto guy at this point but the guy is gonna be a 22yr old rookie, just can't justify a top5 pick almost based on that fact alone.

Yeah, I understand that concern and I'd be more hesitant if I thought it was a good top 5 this year. But we have seen older Rookies come into the NBA and turn out to be franchise players before, and I'm not even saying I expect him to be that. With tier 2 players I'm looking for players that have a solid chance to be the second best player on a playoff team or the third best player on a contending team. From what I've seen thus far, I believe Murray could be that kind of player eventually and that'd be enough in this draft to be taken that high (as I see it in this moment).

I will say, though, that Murray has been setting the world on fire so far and there's a chance some of what he's shown is not sustainable (not talking about the numbers, but about what he can do on both ends) and Freshmen are more likely to show growth over the course of the season. Hence, it's more likely that he drops than that he rises from here on out. Last thing that I want to mention is that my big boards are strictly about my assessment of these players and not about draft strategy; i.e. being top 5 on my big board does not necessarily mean I'd draft them in the top 5 (for instance, it might make more sense to trade down first, or if the franchise is dying for a star, I might rather want to shoot for the fences with a more high-risk-reward prospect).
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#688 » by yoyoboy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Murray is someone I'll definitely have to watch more in depth. From his highlights, I honestly still feel like I don't have a good grasp of what he's exceptional at. The numbers speak for themselves. Clearly he's shooting it well both from deep and at the FT line, which he gets to at a good rate. He's also been a monstrous rebounder and shotblocker despite the fact that his 6'8 and 6'11 wingspan sporting leaner frame isn't anything that overwhelming. He doesn't have what seems like elite athleticism, either, so it's even more brain busting for me how he manages to be so productive.

People who have followed him for longer or have watched his games will have to fill me in. Is the shot looking like it might be sustainable? He shot below 30% from 3 last year, but on 88 career FTA in college, he's sitting at 81% so with that kind of foundation for shooting touch, maybe the jump this year is legit? Creation for others doesn't seem like it's anything noteworthy from what I can tell. He seems to use his body to get to his spots really well, and then his touch around the rim is superb when he gets there, but is this a case of a more mature 21 year old physically taking advantage of college players (especially Iowa's weak competition thus far) who are significantly weaker and shorter than the NBA defenders will be? Do you guys envision him being a PF or a SF in the NBA? I think if he can legitimately play PF, he's actually a more intriguing prospect.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#689 » by MotownMadness » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:48 am

This draft is gonna add alot of big man talent into the league. Chet, Banchero, Smith, Duren, I like them all.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#690 » by akhan786 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:11 pm

MotownMadness wrote:This draft is gonna add alot of big man talent into the league. Chet, Banchero, Smith, Duren, I like them all.

Yeah I’m so much more excited for this draft than I was the last. Even in the Zion draft, I only really was excited about Zion.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#691 » by akhan786 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 pm

I haven’t watched a full game of his yet but I think some alarm bells need to start ringing in every NBA front office in the lottery about this kid. This could be 6’11 Jordan, stylistically. If he’s built mentally to be the best and is a big shot-maker…maybe it could be more than just a stylistic comparison.

He’s not as athletic as Jordan but I do think he will get more athletic at age 22-25 (and doesn’t matter as much at his height). It’s an outrageous comparison but sometimes it’s fun to do those especially when there’s a new fun prospect to watch haha. A more realistic comparison for the kind of impact he could have is a Tatum-tier prospect but at 6’11, which is worthy of a #1 pick. If he actually ends up being a hit, it would be fun to see him and Giannis against each other.
Karanpal
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#692 » by Karanpal » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Agbaji is going to be solid. Just wondering what his measurements are as a shooting guard
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#693 » by peZt » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:38 pm

His explosiveness is incredible. That first step and especially his vertical explosiveness. He gets off the ground and hangs in the air like Westbrook. But he's 6'10. And he can shoot.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#694 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 pm

peZt wrote:His explosiveness is incredible. That first step and especially his vertical explosiveness. He gets off the ground and hangs in the air like Westbrook. But he's 6'10. And he can shoot.

who are you describing here
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,411

Post#695 » by azcatz11 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:14 pm

I bet $100 on Dayton to win and won lol. Wasn't expecting that! Dayton looked like a JV team also in the first 10 minutes.

Sorry for the OT but it's my biggest win ever!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#696 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:21 pm

clyde21 wrote:
peZt wrote:His explosiveness is incredible. That first step and especially his vertical explosiveness. He gets off the ground and hangs in the air like Westbrook. But he's 6'10. And he can shoot.

im guessing Bari, but i too would like some clarification.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#697 » by peZt » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:43 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Oh I thought I was in the Jabari Smith thread. Yeah talking about him
clyde21
RealGM

Post#698 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 pm

peZt wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Oh I thought I was in the Jabari Smith thread. Yeah talking about him

not really sure how that describes him tho, lack of explosiveness and vertical pop is probably Jabari's biggest question marks.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#699 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:I just can’t get behind Chet. The track record for tall white American lottery picks hasn’t been kind over the years. I just picture him getting posterized, and having his ankles broken over and over again when he gets switched onto quick guards.

weird take (per usual)

out of all the things to worry about Chet, getting posterized is probably the last one.

Shawn Bradley would get posterized frequently, but he'd always have the defence better than the #1 defence in the league for the minutes he played...practicly regardless of what team he was on. Nonetheless, he'd get clowned on by casuals and often wasn't considered a great or even good defensive player...probably even by guys in the league. Different era and way off topic, still bradley is a bit chetlike perhaps.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,605

Post#700 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 pm

I think Jabari is a good athlete, but Im not sure Im seeing what youre saying here though. I think Jabari's fluidity and agility is what makes him a good athlete. What I mean by this is he isn't a stiff 6'10 guy, his athletic movements are smooth. He moves well for a 6'10 guy and when he is in an open court he has solid top end speed for his size.

But I dont see a great 1st step or great explosiveness. If that was the case, at 6'10 we would be seeing him just posterizing guys left and right (ala Blake Griffin in college). Watching him Ive never said to myself "wow" when it comes to his explosiveness. Its more "damn he moves really smooth for a 6'10 guy".

Edit: As usual after I post my take I see Clyde already beat me to the same point...

Return to NBA Draft