ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#581 » by NBA Moses » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 am

BoogieTime wrote:Amick has actually said on Deuce/Mo and on Carmichael Dave he doesn't think the Sixers would take that call

If Ben Simmons/Klutch had just come back and played for the Sixers there is no chance the Sixers would have Ben on the trade block unless it was for KD,Steph,Harden,Lillard types. Thats how highly regarded Sixers view Ben ; Doc Rivers,Daryl Morey,Elton Brand see him every day in practice , they know how special Simmons is despite his flaws.

That the Sixers are handcuffed with the trade demand they cant be quite so picky.

I could see Sixers maybe considering DeAaron Fox + Buddy Hield for Ben Simmons, D Green,couple younger guys maybe a pick.Adding Fox/Hield to Sixers makes them pretty deep.

Simmons + Sacramento are a perfect fit Just what Ben wants . A team of his own to run. Sac gets one of the most exciting players in the game. a 6'11" PG who is the fastest guy on the courts, arguably best defensive player in nba.
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#582 » by Madd Squabbles » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?

Brogdan and Levert have higher value than Fox now IMO

It was Brogdan and the 13th pick of the draft. Significantly more value.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#583 » by Madd Squabbles » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?

Thats an attack on others opinions. Your response is the only troll. You've been reported

You reported me for asking if you are trolling? Okay, thanks for the notice.

Saying that the Sixers wouldn't want Fox because his shooting has regressed is just a silly/laughable take. You either haven't paid attention to what went on in Philly, or you are trolling? I asked a simple question.

Ben Simmons has went 5/34 from 3 in the last 4 YEARS. They have begged him to even shoot a mid range shot (something Fox is fantastic at).

If you said that the emergence of Maxey is going to lead Philly to aim for a shooter/wing/forward, fine. But to act like they are going to downright reject Fox because his 3pt shooting has regressed over 15 games is silly to me. Sorry if that offended you, honestly.

Actually, I believe the Sixers feel like Fox duplicates what they already have in Maxey and they can't play together. The Sixers are very high on Maxey and see him as the future. They reportedly refused to trade Maxey to the Rockets for Harden. I believe the only player the Sixers are interested in from the Kings is Haliburton.

I believe possible trade between the Kings and Sixers will look something like this:

Sixers get Haliburton and Barnes

Kings get Simmons and Milton

What's funny is that both teams fans will say no they want more coming back :)
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#584 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:34 pm

GutUNC wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

With the way Maxey is playing, I honestly think they'd be looking at a wing.

As they should.

The team is better with Maxey getting Simmons minutes. So anything they can get from Simmons at the wing is just a bonus IMO
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#585 » by GutUNC » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:44 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

With the way Maxey is playing, I honestly think they'd be looking at a wing.

As they should.

The team is better with Maxey getting Simmons minutes. So anything they can get from Simmons at the wing is just a bonus IMO

Maxey's scoring is great, but they certainly aren't better without Simmons' defense and playmaking.
GDTBATH
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#586 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:21 pm

This franchise has been bad for 15+ years and we always need a scapegoat, now it’s fox. Remember when it was cousins?

I don’t necessarily believe fox is a franchise player but have the kings surrounded him with talent that fits his skill set? No, they haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#587 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

I’d ship Mitchell plus for Simmons in a heartbeat.

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#588 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:12 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:This franchise has been bad for 15+ years and we always need a scapegoat, now it’s fox. Remember when it was cousins?

I don’t necessarily believe fox is a franchise player but have the kings surrounded him with talent that fits his skill set? No, they haven’t.

Cousins produced on the floor, Fox is a negative on the floor and has been helping the team lose his year. Cousins played with heart..

Whether you do or dont support Fox still, hes been a source of frustration this year and hasnt produced on the floor, both things that need to be rectified yesterday and management now has tabs on him to change or hes out
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#589 » by Madd Squabbles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:04 am

What do you think of this trade:

Sixers get - Hield, Barnes, Bagley, Mitchell, and top 2 protected FRP

Kings get - Simmons, Harris, and Shake Milton
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#590 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:51 am

I've been in the camp of not trading Fox because I believe Fox can be the Kings #1 scoring option who scores at will.

I'm not ready to jump on the trade Fox train just yet but I'll dabble in trade scenarios.

IF the Kings were willing to trade Fox I'd like to discuss other trade options besides Simmons. IMO Fox packaged with the 2022 1st could get quite the return and Simmons ain't it.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#591 » by kb02 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:01 am

City of Trees wrote:I've been in the camp of not trading Fox because I believe Fox can be the Kings #1 scoring option who scores at will.

I'm not ready to jump on the trade Fox train just yet but I'll dabble in trade scenarios.

IF the Kings were willing to trade Fox I'd like to discuss other trade options besides Simmons. IMO Fox packaged with the 2022 1st could get quite the return and Simmons ain't it.

Fox and Buddy’s numbers will go up, because Gentry wants to run more. But the narrative that Fox is or can be an elite, score at will scorer was never true and ain’t ever going to happen. Dude has the worse true shooting percentage of anyone averaging more than 18 points.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#592 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:19 am

kb02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I've been in the camp of not trading Fox because I believe Fox can be the Kings #1 scoring option who scores at will.

Fox and Buddy’s numbers will go up, because Gentry wants to run more. But the narrative that Fox is or can be an elite, score at will scorer was never true and ain’t ever going to happen. Dude has the worse true shooting percentage of anyone averaging more than 18 points.
Check his shot % at the rim last season. He absolutely flashed potential to be elite
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#593 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 am

City of Trees wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Check his shot % at the rim last season. He absolutely flashed potential to be elite
Yup... it would help if he had some better talent around him.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#594 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:18 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:What do you think of this trade:

I'm not a fan of this deal at all. Don't like Tobias, and its just in general too big of a deal. I'd want to keep hield if we are getting Simmons, and since the narrative seems to be he's a negative no pt to dilute the deal with that swap.

Barnes + mitchell + Bagley or Tristan for Milton + Simmons I'm fine with.

Not adding picks.

Philly goes with a deep team and a couple young pgs who can play together.

Embid/Drummond
Tobias/niang
Barnes/Thybulle/Green
Curry/Korkmaz
Maxey/mitchell

Kings go with

Holmes/len
Simmons/Mety
Harkless
Haliburton/Buddy
Fox/Milton

We still need some forward help after this for sure. But I'd try this and see what happens.

PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#595 » by PhillyNj » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:54 am

I know Kings fans think the Sixers would be stealing value here. But Morey has stated he wants an Alastair caliber player in return for Simmons and none of these players would be even close to that requirement.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#596 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:59 pm

PhillyNj wrote:

I know Kings fans think the Sixers would be stealing value here. But Morey has stated he wants an Alastair caliber player in return for Simmons and none of these players would be even close to that requirement.

Barnes is close now. Borderline all star consideration

Mitchell I wouldn't give out.

What Morey wants and the situation of the declining value the longer this goes on may be totally different
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#597 » by PhillyNj » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:28 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

What Morey wants and the situation of the declining value the longer this goes on may be totally different

CBS sports list Barnes as the 89th best nba player. IMO he definitely doesn’t touch the top 75.
It’s good your loyal to your player, but Barnes is definitely not sniffing an all star appearance, and at 29 he’s past his prime too.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#598 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

CBS sports list Barnes as the 89th best nba player. IMO he definitely doesn’t touch the top 75.
It’s good your loyal to your player, but Barnes is definitely not sniffing an all star appearance, and at 29 he’s past his prime too.
Ya hes very overrated by many kings fans. Solid starter, certainly isn't going to hurt you. Great player for a contender, no point for a team like sac to hold.

He had a great start to the season, his October he was on fire. Since then he's predictably come back down to his normal self. Tends to disappear, isn't the best dribbler, but is okay on defense, solid on spot up 3s, can draw a foul, and plays the most in demand position in the league.

I'd have no issue moving Barnes + mitchell or picks for Simmons. But I wouldn't have any interest doing much more than that. If Philly prefers to hold out for a better off than so be it.

BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#599 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:18 am

The team doesn't look ready to compete now or next year.

Obviously my personal preference is to do something with Fox as he once again starts to put up numbers, but if the team wants to keep him together with Hali/Mitchell than I think its time to dump the vets. Its going to take those three some years.

They have went 2-2 with Gentry, but the Lakers looked god awful, and the Blazers have been pitiful on the road. Obviously there will be some energy playing for a new coach. But I just dont think we are going to get consistency now, but we'll see

Still I'd dump the vets if your keeping this core. Barnes, Holmes, etc. Time to see King and Queta and whatever else.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#600 » by sacking123 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 am

BoogieTime wrote:The team doesn't look ready to compete now or next year.

Obviously my personal preference is to do something with Fox as he once again starts to put up numbers, but if the team wants to keep him together with Hali/Mitchell than I think its time to dump the vets. Its going to take those three some years.

They have went 2-2 with Gentry, but the Lakers looked god awful, and the Blazers have been pitiful on the road. Obviously there will be some energy playing for a new coach. But I just dont think we are going to get consistency now, but we'll see

Still I'd dump the vets if your keeping this core. Barnes, Holmes, etc. Time to see King and Queta and whatever else.

I would have to agree with this.
I was going to say after the Lakers game, go back and have a look at the first half of Fox. He looked seriously like he had checked out on the D end. He still played a decent game overall, however its on the D end that he needs to start developing and his numbers will come anyway.
Even then, when he was hot late in the game we went away from him and he was just playing off ball and not touching it? WTF

Anyway I think it's time to cash in on the vets as you say. Barnes has some currency. Holmes is a terrific player that is paid low enough to be an energetic big off the bench for a team as well as a starter.
I wonder what the market for Buddy is at the moment and whether it can/will improve around the league.

I still believe this team, as is, will make the play in, however, what is the ceiling? Is Fox going to mature into a superstar? I don't think so. So, the Kings need to do whatever they can to get their CWebb, whether by trade or draft. It looks likely it would happen with the former.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings