Warriors/Kings/Raptors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Warriors/Kings/Raptors 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Ill offer this idea for Barnes to go back to GS, Kings get more assets and Raptors get more size. Ive revised OP by adding 2026 Warriors 1st to SAC and 2022 Raptors 2nd back to T.O.

To Golden State (Trade Wiggins, Lee, 2 1sts, 2nd)
-Harrison Barnes (2 years, $38.6 million)
-Marvin Bagley (1 year, $11.3 million plus Q.O.)

To Sacramento (Trade Barnes, Bagley, Jones)
-Andrew Wiggins (2 years, $65.2 million)
-Chris Boucher (1 year, $7 million)
-2022 Golden State 1st round pick (projected late 1st)
-2026 Golden State 1st round pick (2024 to Memphis now unprotected; 2027 protected 2nd to GSW from Memphis) - revised

To Toronto (Trade Boucher, buyout Dragic)
-Damian Jones (1 year, $2 million)
-Damion Lee (1 year, $1.9 million)
-2022 Toronto 2nd round pick (55-60 protected) via Golden State -revised

Why?
-Golden State swaps out Wiggins for Barnes and Lee for Bagley as GSW get more front court depth. Given difference in money between Barnes and Wiggins they give up both their 2022 picks

Curry/Payton/Iguodala
Poole/Moody/Thompson
Barnes/Porter/Anderson
Green/Bjelica/Kuminga
Looney/Bagley/Wiseman

-Sacramento cashes out on Barnes by getting the younger Wiggins and 2 2022 picks as they look to re-tool. Boucher replaces Bagley as he can start at the 4 short term and split time with Metu.

Fox/Mitchell
Hield/Haliburton/Davis/Ramsey
Wiggins/Harkless/Woodard
Boucher/Metu
Holmes/Thompson/Len

-The Raptors cut further costs as they save $3 million off cap and essentially buyout Dragic with Lee as his replacement in the backcourt short term. They can sign a 15th roster player with partial savings to add more front court depth.

FVV/Flynn/Benton
Trent/Mykhaliuk/Lee
Barnes/Watanabe/Bonga/Anunoby
Siakam/Achiuwura/
Birch/Jones/FA?
bjaxking24
Junior
And1: 109

Re: Warriors/Kings/Raptors 

Post#2 » by bjaxking24 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Kings would have no interest in Wiggins and the GSW pick this year is in the bottom third of the first round as is. Pass.
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsGuyLevine
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#3 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm

I don't mind a Wiggins for Barnes swap, but GS is probably underpaying with a late 1st/Wiggins. Bagley is salary filler here, not interested in bring him into GS at all. I think GS would actually decline though, as Wiggins (though a lesser player than Barnes) probably fits a bit better what the team needs right now (more of a point of attack defender on the perimeter than another 3/4 type guy).

I think Toronto could do better than this with Boucher.
I bought a boat.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 pm

bjaxking24 wrote:Kings would have no interest in Wiggins and the GSW pick this year is in the bottom third of the first round as is. Pass.

Sure, thats valid point in terms of quality of 2022 1st. I figure perhaps they'd have to include their 2026 1st unprotected (or 2027). They'd have to strike a deal with Memphis to make the 2024 they owe the Grizz unprotected instead of 1-4 protected.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#5 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:26 pm

eminence wrote:I don't mind a Wiggins for Barnes swap, but GS is probably underpaying with a late 1st/Wiggins. Bagley is salary filler here, not interested in bring him into GS at all. I think GS would actually decline though, as Wiggins (though a lesser player than Barnes) probably fits a bit better what the team needs right now (more of a point of attack defender on the perimeter than another 3/4 type guy).

I think Toronto could do better than this with Boucher.

Agreed but there is a $15 million salary difference between Barnes and Wiggins for 2022-23. When you factor tax savings based on that I think the Warriors heavily consider it between talent difference on court and impact to bottom line.

I do agree about Boucher. He's having a terrible start to the year but I think he fits the Kings well at the 4 which warrants perhaps the Raps getting back their 2022 2nd for him.
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#6 » by weekend_warrior » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:26 pm

GSW has no interest in swapping their only established real SF for 2 PFs (one of them being terrible) to end up with 5 PFs and no SF on the roster. And certainly they won't pay any additional assets for this "pleasure".

In a vacuum Wiggins + pick(s) for Barnes would be ok, I have them as very similar level players. Barnes' better contract is compensated by the picks. But he doesn't really fit the SF role anymore, as stated above.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#7 » by Def Leppard » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Call me crazy, Wiggins in currently the best player in this deal.

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Lenneth
Rookie
And1: 1,786

Post#8 » by Lenneth » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:47 pm

I don't see Warriors interested in this one. Wiggins for Barns is essentially a wash.

Wiggins: 19.1 pts / 49.4% FG / 36.4% 3FG / 59.4 TS%
Barnes: 19.3 pts / 47.5% FG / 40.0% 3FG / 63.5 TS%

Both are about 2.5 option on the team as they are not great at creating their own shots to be #2, but they are better than a role player. The only differences are Wiggins plays at 2/3, while Barnes plays at 3/4, Barnes might be a better outside shooter/rebounder, and Wiggins might be a better defender. Yes, there is a money-saving aspect, but Warriors never indicated that they will dump salaries by using a draft pick. If anything, they are pretty protective toward first-round picks, because they like to tank if things don't go their way. No way Warriors are trading 2026 first rounder unless they get really really good one.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Id trade Barnes/Tristan for Wiggins. But I realize that I'm probably in the minority in terms of Sac fans.

Cant see GSW making that swap.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#10 » by Richard4444 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Wiggins is playing really well for the GSW. Besides, he is younger than Barnes and could still evolve when hits his prime.

He would only be moved to a great star.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#11 » by NW » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 pm

For GS, it’s a matter of fit. They need what Wiggins bring (defense of top opposing perimeter guy) more than what Barnes does (defending up a position in the front court) to the point having to add extra incentive makes the deal even worse imo
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#12 » by kalenclayton » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Putting Wiggins on the mentally weak Kings is a recipe for disaster. Boucher would not be a keeper and the 1sts are not enough for the Barnes-Wiggins swap. It’s just not the right fit, regardless of value.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#13 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm

weekend_warrior wrote:GSW has no interest in swapping their only established real SF for 2 PFs (one of them being terrible) to end up with 5 PFs and no SF on the roster. And certainly they won't pay any additional assets for this "pleasure".

Bingo.

I wouldn’t do Wiggins for Barnes straight up, so the rest of this deal gets really bad for GS IMO.
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#14 » by Pipp33 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 pm

At this point, Wiggins has become underrated. Yes his contract will always be judged, but what he is doing at GSW this season and somewhat last season has been very solid.
If I was Warriors, I would not be trading him unless it was in a package to bring back an upgrade at the SF spot (PG or similar....which would be hightly unlikely)
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#15 » by Nate the Great » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:23 am

I’m confused as to what the reasoning would be for the Warriors to do this trade. Just to cut salary? Even if one considers Barnes a significant upgrade over Wiggins (and I don’t think the Warriors would), why must they give up Lee and three draft picks, and take back a player who isn’t good enough to play for the Kings?

Black Lives Matter
radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Post#16 » by radtech » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 pm

Point wise Barnes and Wiggins are equal, 19 points per game. So the dubs are trading two firsts for Bagley, who cant do anything. Wow, just plain dumb.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,290

Post#17 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:42 am

radtech wrote:Point wise Barnes and Wiggins are equal, 19 points per game. So the dubs are trading two firsts for Bagley, who cant do anything. Wow, just plain dumb.

lol at using points as justification in this time and age
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#18 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 pm

If Boucher is this cheap, I'd be interested in that aspect of it. But overall I dont think this works for us, and I'm all for a Barnes reunion if Klay/Wiggins pairing doesnt work out. However dont see the need until we actually see what we have there, and would also like to see if Barnes can sustain production like this for half a season. His running numbers are about the same as last year, which is great, but the impact to the team has taken a huge jump this season, and thats always notable on a bad(ish?) team that lacks a true #1 scoring option. Someone who plays under enough control to be a competent #2 or #3 while not dominating in usage is a rare kind of unselfish that the Warriors really love

So my interest remains high on Barnes, but the price it likely costs to acquire him isnt one we should pay until we've evaluated Klay/Wiggins pairing for a while. At the deadline, if the Wiggins/Klay thing isnt working out, this is something I'd be very interested in

Or, if the Boucher price is about this and similarly Wiseman isn't showing any signs of fitting, I'd happily pay this for Boucher while selling off Wiseman to the highest bidder for future assets
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#19 » by Warriorfan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:03 pm

Future picks will be more valuable for a team so far above the tax. If GS was an play in team I could see the cash saving manueuver if you swap Lewis for Moody

Return to Trades and Transactions