Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Re: Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#381 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:20 am

Bulls2021 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Who has left a supermax on the table? There's certainly been lots of problems with it, not sure how may guys didn't take it though. Think AD?

Granted, I don't think the Bulls could sign him as a FA regardless. I can't imagine how we'd be far enough under the cap, it would need to be a trade, and also hard to imagine how we'd have enough assets to do that.

On face value I 100% agree with your assessment, but JJ Polk seems to be some kind of magical wizard so far. It seems like this FO actually game plans for things like this instead of just saying we have space now come to us. By no means do I think it is a likelihood, but it certainly is a possibility. Eversley might be able to pull Nike strings for an international shoe contract out some BS like that. It's questionable on ethics for sure but so are most NBA deals.

The fact they pulled of a record amount of sign and trades just gives me confidence they can make some magic happen. They re operating more like the Lakers and Nets where they will make it happen if need be. Still yet to be proven if Reinsdorfs will pay, but once again we have no reason to believe they won't right now. Everything changed, we hired a real coach, which was formerly a big no no. We are getting FA's making trades and not just mortgaging our future on picks and value salaries. Pretty sure the REinsdorfs are seeing better numbers, I know mercy is selling better and the tickets have gotten hotter. As long as AK promises to keep them in the black and he has a plan I think they will sign off. These are not our Chicago Bulls. This is closer to Krause than it is to Paxson.

They saw that they couldn't milk the Dynasty money any longer, so they moved into the modern era, which by all counts is still pretty profitable, even for owners who have way more initial investment in a team than the Reinsdorf's do. I make no promises mind you but I am way more open to this idea than I was a year ago. I mean you could literally feel the change when they hired AK, but we rejected it because we had been under such horrid times for so long. How long did it take for Germany to feel right after the wall came down? I doubt it was overnight. We have deep basketball scars that need to heal.

Lolol alright, I think we're going a bit far with comparing AKME replacing Garpax to the Berlin Wall being torn down. Our "basketball scars" will be much easier to heal.

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole but damn did they do a job, particularly Gar, on this fan base. If only Jerry let Pax check out when he wanted to check out.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#382 » by kodo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:35 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Somebody gotta stop Phoenix . Every win over double digits in their streak just makes them the favorite for the title

Forgot about GS for a minute but right now Phoenix going for favorite 1B

For sure a juggernaut. Not to dis them in any way, but I feel like the Bulls could have won this streak with good health.

Spurs, Nuggets no Jokic, Mavs no Luka x2, Wolves, Rockets x2, Grizz, Blazers (but they also lost to the Blazers), Kings (lost to them too), Pels.

Toughest W might have been the Cavs?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#383 » by Ice Man » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:29 pm

kodo wrote:Spurs, Nuggets no Jokic, Mavs no Luka x2, Wolves, Rockets x2, Grizz, Blazers (but they also lost to the Blazers), Kings (lost to them too), Pels.

Wow, that's a garbage schedule. Phoenix is genuinely strong but it sure as bleep would not have won our past 12 games.

Good research, thanks.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#384 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:12 am

Wow Nets are stomping a mud hole in the Celtics.
The Cult of Personality
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,598

Post#385 » by RastaBull » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

At least when the Bulls play like trash and lose, I typically can tune into a Portland game afterward and root for them!

Looks like we help kick off a nice winning streak for them. Keep it going Trailblazers!!!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#386 » by ghostinthepost1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:20 am

I'm genuinely scared of what Wendel is going to do to Vuch on Friday.

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#387 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 am

This Warriors team is just beautiful. Most entertaining NBA to watch since their pre-Durant hay day.

And that Tuscano Anderson was a joy to watch tonight. Baller.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,872

Post#388 » by Wingy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:59 am

DuckIII wrote:This Warriors team is just beautiful. Most entertaining NBA to watch since their pre-Durant hay day.

Yeah, and none of it’s possible w/o the maestro that is Steph. Also, while we fantasize about acquiring Harrison Barnes, if the Kings crater, I predict the GSW will be the ones getting him to solidify their title run. Kuminga/Moody...they hardly knew ye.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#389 » by erlim » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:18 pm

kodo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Somebody gotta stop Phoenix . Every win over double digits in their streak just makes them the favorite for the title

Forgot about GS for a minute but right now Phoenix going for favorite 1B

For sure a juggernaut. Not to dis them in any way, but I feel like the Bulls could have won this streak with good health.

Spurs, Nuggets no Jokic, Mavs no Luka x2, Wolves, Rockets x2, Grizz, Blazers (but they also lost to the Blazers), Kings (lost to them too), Pels.

Toughest W might have been the Cavs?

There is no way in the world Phoenix or any other team will even come close to stopping the Warriors this year. They are just looking back to their old selves; to think Klay isn’t back yet is nuts. Watch Curry make some inane statement game when they play the Suns to make Phoenix look at the Bulls level.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,002

Post#390 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Wingy wrote:
DuckIII wrote:This Warriors team is just beautiful. Most entertaining NBA to watch since their pre-Durant hay day.

Yeah, and none of it’s possible w/o the maestro that is Steph. Also, while we fantasize about acquiring Harrison Barnes, if the Kings crater, I predict the GSW will be the ones getting him to solidify their title run. Kuminga/Moody...they hardly knew ye.

Kuminga & Moody for Barnes? I don't see it. Kuminga has outstanding potential. Waived vets are going to line-up to play for the Warriors anyway.

Wiseman, Kuminga, Poole & Moody are the future of the Warriors.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#391 » by MrSparkle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:59 pm

Other thing to remember is last year's final 4 are kind of irrelevant right now. Sure, Giannis is a beast and the Bucks are reigning champs, but I'd probably sooner bet on the Heat reclaiming that rivalry, or of course the Nets. Besides for the opening Nets game, Bucks have basically lost to every playoff team, and their wins are almost exclusively against tank jobs.

Gonna be nice seeing where everyone stands in 2 months. The Warriors have the most room for growth, with Klay, Wiseman and their rookies. Gonna keep betting against CP3 & Lowry (post-prime) and Trae (too young).

I'm seeing a Warriors vs. Nets kind of a June. But honestly have Bulls as the 2a ECF pick. Got a long way to go.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#392 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:49 am

The Grizz are just a weird team so far this year.

I cant pinpoint what their issue is. Inconsistent? Not sure. But I do worry about Ja though.

Looks like he got hurt again, but he I worry because he keeps getting these ankle/knee issues. Which as we know, is very scary for a PG that is explosive as he is.
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#393 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:54 am

Also the Suns man, won 16 straight games.

He have to go back to 72 win Bulls that I think only won 17 straight.

I am kind of jealous that we cant consistently win games no matter how good the team is. Even other teams that are terrible have ran off 5-8 game win streaks.
The Cult of Personality
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#394 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:18 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Wow Nets are stomping a mud hole in the Celtics.

What would they want for Tatum or Brown? :pray:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#395 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 am

d boy gentleman wrote:

If they really fall bad like lottery bad, I think they will put an end to the duo. One will get traded. Probably Brown. And I do think Brown could break out like T-Mac did when he left Vince.
The Cult of Personality
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#396 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:32 am

Welp, this is not reassuring

Read on Twitter

@JaMorant: https://t.co/d3W27UOCfQ
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#397 » by dice » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:37 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

If they really fall bad like lottery bad, I think they will put an end to the duo. One will get traded. Probably Brown. And I do think Brown could break out like T-Mac did when he left Vince.

break out? he's 25 and averaging 24 points a game
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#398 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:33 am

Wow that Jazz have had alot of bad home losses.
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#399 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:56 am

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#400 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:00 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:The Grizz are just a weird team so far this year.

I cant pinpoint what their issue is. Inconsistent? Not sure. But I do worry about Ja though.

Looks like he got hurt again, but he I worry because he keeps getting these ankle/knee issues. Which as we know, is very scary for a PG that is explosive as he is.

Yeah a wee bit reminiscent of a player we saw here but man I love his game. Still healthier than the guy picked in front of him.

Return to Chicago Bulls