ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Re: Would You Trade Mitch at the Deadline? 

Post#421 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Still one of the best PnR Cs in the NBA & one of the best rim defenders in the league.

https://go.nba.com/2pz9 - filtered for freq > 20%
7th at 1.44 PPP

https://go.nba.com/opgj - filtered for GP > 10
24th with a -5.8 diff w/ less than 6 feet

He’s a keeper IMO but if you’re building solely around fit, maybe there are trade targets who could potentially be better IE a guy who defends the rim and bombs from 3.

Def wouldn’t move him to make Nerlens worst hands in the NBA & brings his man to the paint every time Noel the starter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#422 » by GONYK » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:16 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Still one of the best PnR Cs in the NBA & one of the best rim defenders in the league.

7th at 1.44 PPP

He’s a keeper IMO but if you’re building solely around fit, maybe there are trade targets who could potentially be better IE a guy who defends the rim and bombs from 3.

Def wouldn’t move him to make Nerlens worst hands in the NBA & brings his man to the paint every time Noel the starter.

Mitch is playing well and he's clearly not 100%. I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate.

I would trade him in the right deal, but he's a really good piece to have.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#423 » by dakomish23 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 pm

GONYK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Still one of the best PnR Cs in the NBA & one of the best rim defenders in the league.

7th at 1.44 PPP

Mitch is playing well and he's clearly not 100%. I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate.

Maybe it’s hate that should be directed in other areas that’s being deflected toward Mitch?

I’d rather keep him and fix the other issues we have but we might be in the minority
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#424 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:10 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

7th at 1.44 PPP

Maybe it’s hate that should be directed in other areas that’s being deflected toward Mitch?

I’d rather keep him and fix the other issues we have but we might be in the minority

I’d prefer Myles Turner over him, but I’m also not convinced Turner is that type of game changer. Currently the changes we’d really need to make don’t seem to be on the table. The superstars 25 or older like Beal, PG, KD and so on appear to have found their place by now and are mostly flourishing. There’s always KAT, but his track record is suspect.

I’d gladly acquire Turner, Brogdon, Hield, Siakam, Grant or Sexton types and I’d keep Randle or be open to giving him up in the process. However these don’t move the needle towards an ECF or more. The big change to be made just isn’t really there. Simmons certainly ain’t it. Dame would be, but not if we were to trade the farm for him. We would have to though and he’s not getting any younger. It’s tough.

The best target for us that I could imagine atm is Jaylen Brown, but I really don’t think his name being floated around much means he’s actually available. Only a fool would trade him. If we could, we should go get him.

- Randle, Quickley and Mitch for Brown and the Timelord maybe. Boston could use Randle.
- RJ, Fournier, 1sts and change for FVV and Siakam

FVV, Jaylen Brown, Siakam, Obi, Timelord - that’s some legit young talent right there with time on our side.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#425 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Something like RJ, Randle and Fournier for Maxey and Simmons. Probably not realistic so that's why I put it here.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#426 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:55 am

This is the move to make! Knox for Bol.

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Post#427 » by Ray Williams » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:19 pm

GONYK wrote:

7th at 1.44 PPP

He gets some hate because he doesn’t ‘fit next to Randle’, but I’d rather move Randle and have Obi start next to Mitch who would play better with Mitch than Randle. Trade Randle for a point guard that can push the ball and maximize the youth we have that can get out on a break instead of them waiting for a Randle to waddle his ass up court with his stupid handle.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#428 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:02 am

Ray Williams wrote:
GONYK wrote:

7th at 1.44 PPP

He gets some hate because he doesn’t ‘fit next to Randle’, but I’d rather move Randle and have Obi start next to Mitch who would play better with Mitch than Randle. Trade Randle for a point guard that can push the ball and maximize the youth we have that can get out on a break instead of them waiting for a Randle to waddle his ass up court with his stupid handle.

I'd be okay with trading Randle so long as we got fair market value for him. That would mean a young talent who could contribute right away and some excellent draft picks, I would assume unless someone has a better idea. But what PG - who is going to be just as good as DRose - are we trading Randle for? And what team would be interested in Randle?
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#429 » by RHODEY » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I'd be okay with trading Randle so long as we got fair market value for him. That would mean a young talent who could contribute right away and some excellent draft picks, I would assume unless someone has a better idea. But what PG - who is going to be just as good as DRose - are we trading Randle for? And what team would be interested in Randle?

Kings for Fox. The already have Haliburton and and Davion...front court is pretty y weak I think. Id prefer Davion but I doubt they'd part with him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#430 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 am

RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

Kings for Fox. The already have Haliburton and and Davion...front court is pretty y weak I think. Id prefer Davion but I doubt they'd part with him.

:eek1: Who for Fox? I think Fox could be a good catch.

But 3 lefties in the starting lineup. I dunno. Sounds weird.
POSTING POLICIES:
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,110

Post#431 » by Snacks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:36 am

Knicks get Fox

Sac gets Obi / Quick/ Frenchy
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,858

Post#432 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:24 pm

GONYK wrote:

7th at 1.44 PPP

I think Mitch is a great piece to have as well, but we're going to have to pay him and he's never healthy. I'm not in a rush to trade him, either. I want to see if he can stay healthy. We're definitely going to need him come playoff time. He would've been a game changer in that Hawks series.

Just not sure I want him on a 4 year deal when he's only playing half the games.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#433 » by RHODEY » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:06 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Randle...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#434 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10 pm

RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Randle...

That makes sense.
POSTING POLICIES:
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#435 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 am

Wondering if we should kick the tires on Brandon Ingram. Would NO take another ride with Randle. If yes another possibility, Ingram to Philly, Randle to NO, Simmons to Knicks. Lets throw in a few draft picks
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#436 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Randle...

That makes sense.

Fox would be amazing but I doubt Kings do it. I do believe we could do a Randle for Bagley, Mitchell and Buddy Heild. Which I would consider.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#437 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:This is the move to make! Knox for Bol.

They wouldnt trade Knox for Bol. We could have had Bol Bol and Michael Porter. But Denver is willing to take chances on prospects that drop on drafts with higher upside. They spend a year developing them. We should do the same.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#438 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:16 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:

They wouldnt trade Knox for Bol. We could have had Bol Bol and Michael Porter. But Denver is willing to take chances on prospects that drop on drafts with higher upside. They spend a year developing them. We should do the same.

He's been buried over there until the game highlights I posted. I'm not sure he's in their plans.
POSTING POLICIES:
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#439 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:

He's been buried over there until the game highlights I posted. I'm not sure he's in their plans.

Sign me up then. The reason he dropped so low was reports of a poor or almost cocky attitude. He's still a kid. I actually we have a great culture now to develop someone like him with a team that bonds well together. I def take that chance.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#440 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:41 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:

Sign me up then. The reason he dropped so low was reports of a poor or almost cocky attitude. He's still a kid. I actually we have a great culture now to develop someone like him with a team that bonds well together. I def take that chance.

If we can swing a deal for him, I’ll change my username to “WingoWingo”
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks