AD move to 5, Bron to the 4

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: AD move to 5, Bron to the 4 

Post#21 » by Kilroy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Just me or does AD look like he's carrying some extra weight this year? He looks slow to me also...
Hoping last game was a sign of things to come but, not confident yet.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#22 » by Ball so hard » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 am

Kilroy wrote:Just me or does AD look like he's carrying some extra weight this year? He looks slow to me also...

Throughout training cap they mentioned how much bigger he looks.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#23 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Just me or does AD look like he's carrying some extra weight this year? He looks slow to me also...

Throughout training cap they mentioned how much bigger he looks.

So if he is bigger, then it's safe to say he is slower....Then why is he starting as a PF again?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:42 pm

He was told he had to play C. He probably bulked up to help avoid shoulder injuries etc. I’d rather see him playing perimeter and midrange offense during reg season, move him to C later. Maybe that’s what Frank is doing; saving AD’s health while helping opening up the lane for RW… ?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#25 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:23 pm

In the last two games, AD has played 44 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Of course we can win a few games that way. But not 82.

Frank, this will soon spell street clothes. He’s playing defense for three, yes. While LBJ is injured, sure. Just saying, need to find another body to cover some minutes.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#26 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:36 pm

The notion that playing center requires more physicality than playing PF is tremendously overstated.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#27 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Another aspect in AD's decline has been the fact that for the last 2 seasons, he isn't getting anywhere near the calls he was getting leading up to and during the bubble year... You can see he's visibly frustrated with all the contact he's taking and not getting the calls...

Unfortunately, he hasn't adjusted and is still getting frustrated. This team is built around the concept that he can dominate any position he's at on either end of the floor... Right now, he's at best, able to exploit a matchup or two on either end of the floor, but he's not dominating anything.
If he can no longer do that, the whole house of cards falls... It means LeBron has to commit on both ends of the floor, which he won't... It means we need a legit 5 who can play well off of AD and stay on the floor (Howard when not in foul trouble... Which is always)... It means the Westbrook experiment just won't work on any level... And it means we need solid 3 and D guys filling out the roster (We have 3 or D guys)... It also means we need a real system, not just "let the stars show us the way."... that's not Vogel...
Wrapped up in all that is LeBron's ego... Unless there's some magic sauce there somewhere that can bring this all together, he needs to accept the fact that it failed and not get in the way when the team tries to fix it... Trade Westbrook, AD or LeBron, and fire Vogel... Whatever...

But this team as it's constructed is a failed experiment, bordering on a laughingstock... And that hinges on AD and LeBron...

I wonder if anyone is ever going to do a study on why LeBron teams always implode so spectacularly... It might be fascinating.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#28 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:36 pm

Davis needs a PG to feed him, lead him, and direct him.

The last two seasons he's been/being lead by two guys (Schroder and Westbrook) who was not and is not in synch with Davis. Oftentimes with Schroder and Westbrook quarterbacking, Davis is an afterthought.

It's no coincidence that Davis' two lone seasons in the league with two supremely intelligent PGs at lead guard leading him he's had great success winning.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#29 » by slifersd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:50 am

Kilroy wrote:Another aspect in AD's decline has been the fact that for the last 2 seasons, he isn't getting anywhere near the calls he was getting leading up to and during the bubble year... You can see he's visibly frustrated with all the contact he's taking and not getting the calls...

Unfortunately, he hasn't adjusted and is still getting frustrated. This team is built around the concept that he can dominate any position he's at on either end of the floor... Right now, he's at best, able to exploit a matchup or two on either end of the floor, but he's not dominating anything.
If he can no longer do that, the whole house of cards falls... It means LeBron has to commit on both ends of the floor, which he won't... It means we need a legit 5 who can play well off of AD and stay on the floor (Howard when not in foul trouble... Which is always)... It means the Westbrook experiment just won't work on any level... And it means we need solid 3 and D guys filling out the roster (We have 3 or D guys)... It also means we need a real system, not just "let the stars show us the way."... that's not Vogel...
Wrapped up in all that is LeBron's ego... Unless there's some magic sauce there somewhere that can bring this all together, he needs to accept the fact that it failed and not get in the way when the team tries to fix it... Trade Westbrook, AD or LeBron, and fire Vogel... Whatever...

But this team as it's constructed is a failed experiment, bordering on a laughingstock... And that hinges on AD and LeBron...

I wonder if anyone is ever going to do a study on why LeBron teams always implode so spectacularly... It might be fascinating.

Lebron's team always implode because he is frankly speaking not that smart as a GM. LeBron is always extremely short sighted with his team building philosophy and likes to focus on extracurricular factors (Klutch clients, banana boat brothers, etc) when it comes to his personnel decisions. That is why his team always has short team success and then flat line shortly after. It takes a real professional with vision to GM a team, and LeBron isn't that.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#30 » by Pythagoras » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:18 pm

AD has been fantastic this season. The problem has been Westbrook and having no big defensive wings outside of Lebron.

If you don’t have a true superstar I feel bad for you son. Lakers got 99 problems but AD ain’t one.
Numbers rule the universe.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#31 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:54 pm

Pythagoras wrote:AD has been fantastic this season. The problem has been Westbrook and having no big defensive wings outside of Lebron.

If you don’t have a true superstar I feel bad for you son. Lakers got 99 problems but AD ain’t one.

If we just look at his points, rebs and blocks, yes, he is doing very great but examine other stats, he is just comparatively good.
For me, the problem is shot selection. There's been a rise at his attempts from 10-16 feet ESPECIALLY from 16 to 3pt line where now he is shooting almost 20% of his attempts compared to 13% from 2 years ago. This has resulted to lower TS% from 61% to now at 57.5%.
His FTrate was from 48% to now just 33.4%. Now there could be combination of reasons why this is happening.
1. He is not right physically, being hesitant to establish position down low bec of the punishment he receives from huge centers.
2. He is leaving the lanes open for Westbrook to drive.
3. Lack of good sets helping him to get good touches inside. Schemes like solid off-ball screens, back cuts, misdirections etc.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#32 » by Pythagoras » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:30 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:AD has been fantastic this season. The problem has been Westbrook and having no big defensive wings outside of Lebron.

If we just look at his points, rebs and blocks, yes, he is doing very great but examine other stats, he is just comparatively good.
For me, the problem is shot selection. There's been a rise at his attempts from 10-16 feet ESPECIALLY from 16 to 3pt line where now he is shooting almost 20% of his attempts compared to 13% from 2 years ago. This has resulted to lower TS% from 61% to now at 57.5%.
His FTrate was from 48% to now just 33.4%. Now there could be combination of reasons why this is happening.
1. He is not right physically, being hesitant to establish position down low bec of the punishment he receives from huge centers.
3. Lack of good sets helping him to get good touches inside. Schemes like solid off-ball screens, back cuts, misdirections etc.

What I find encouraging is his PER, WS/48, and TS% are all well up from last year. While I hear you about taking a lot of those long 2s, the trade off is he’s posting the highest percentage of shots inside of 3 ft with the Lakers while taking his lowest percentage of 3s. I also think your points 2 and 3 are coming into play a bit. As far as the FTr, I think that has a lot to do with the new rule emphasis where the refs are letting a LOT more defensive contact go.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#33 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:42 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

What I find encouraging is his PER, WS/48, and TS% are all well up from last year. While I hear you about taking a lot of those long 2s, the trade off is he’s posting the highest percentage of shots inside of 3 ft with the Lakers while taking his lowest percentage of 3s. I also think your points 2 and 3 are coming into play a bit. As far as the FTr, I think that has a lot to do with the new rule emphasis where the refs are letting a LOT more defensive contact go.

I really don't like comparing his stats from last season bec something wasn't clearly right even before he got "technically injured" and missed 30 games. From taking nearly 35% of his shots from 0-3 feet to just a measly 24.3% and greatly increasing his shots from 10 feet to below the 3pt line to 40% from 28.5% :banghead: He was clearly settling but hey, there was a legit reason for it.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#34 » by Pythagoras » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:06 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I really don't like comparing his stats from last season bec something wasn't clearly right even before he got "technically injured" and missed 30 games. From taking nearly 35% of his shots from 0-3 feet to just a measly 24.3% and greatly increasing his shots from 10 feet to below the 3pt line to 40% from 28.5% :banghead: He was clearly settling but hey, there was a legit reason for it.

That’s fair. Going back to your original point 2 about Westbrook I think you were really on to something there. Russ needs to start consistently taking advantage of the attention and spacing AD is creating. Games like he had against Detroit should be the norm for him (maybe not quite that many points).
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#35 » by euphorbus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:44 pm

Anthony Davis is attempting shots as if he were a small forward, but his strengths are as a power forward or center. If he were a small forward, he would be benched, like Bazemore, who is shooting .329 overall:

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2021/11/27/lakers-anthony-davis-is-now-the-nbas-least-efficient-shooter/
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,151

Post#36 » by SlimShady83 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 am

I'm still Peed that AD can't play the 5 ... Today's players man.

He should go talk and train with Tim Duncan
Bring back Defense
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#37 » by Kilroy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:36 am

Lets move AD to the 5 and Bron to the 4... On other teams...
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#38 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:06 am

Kilroy wrote:Lets move AD to the 5 and Bron to the 4... On other teams...

Actually AD prefers to play 4 while Lebron plays center so he can take more 3’s :roll:
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#39 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:18 am

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1464657680178421760%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2Fstatmuse2Fstatus2F1464657680178421760widget%3DTweet
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#40 » by seanbig » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:44 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Lets move AD to the 5 and Bron to the 4... On other teams...

Actually AD prefers to play 4 while Lebron plays center so he can take more 3’s :roll:

The reasons AD doesn’t want to play 5 is cuz he’s weak and doesn’t want to bang and get injured … it’s not if he’ll get injured it when and how soon
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Return to Los Angeles Lakers