ImageImageImage

Enes Kanter Freedom – Who Should get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who should play the Majority of our Big's (PF/C) minutes? – (Up to 5 Votes out of 8 choices)

R. Williams
26%
Horford
23%
Kanter
18%
Tatum
17%
G. Williams
13%
Parker
1%
Hernangómez
1%
Fernando
2%

Total votes: 124

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Re: Enes Kanter – Should he (or another) get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#21 » by Fierce1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 am

That will depend on who the Celts are playing.

If it's a team like the Warriors then Kanter doesn't need to play.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,624

Re: Enes Kanter – Should he (or another) get Consistent Minutes as the 3rd Center? 

Post#22 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:24 am

Enes should never share the floor with Rob, for obvious reasons of offensive spacing and positioning.

That's not as blindingly obvious in the case of Horford, but I can't think of a scenario where they should share the floor either. Am I missing something?

Rob and Al seem to play pretty well together, however, so having Kanter minutes in games where both of the other centers are available is not as craxy as it might at first sound.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#23 » by timpiker » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Yes, at least 10 mins a game. But, I really don't think it'll be an issue. Robert is injured almost as much as Romeo.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#24 » by Jammer » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Not to spoil your thread.

But Kanter is a center, and defensively not a very good one.

Al Horford and Rob Williams III are CLEARLY better centers offensively and DEFENSIVELY. So if they are both available, that's why Kanter is left out of the rotation.

Al can play PF. Rob and Enes are out of position at PF, so no go there.

Tatum and Grant should get the majority of the PF minutes. Filler would not be Kanter. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,520

Post#25 » by snowman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

I think Tatum and G. Will should get the majority of minutes at PF. I think Horford and Timelord should get the majority of minutes at C. However, if either Horford or Timelord are on minutes restrictions, or are hurt or resting, or we are in the middle of a blowout or a B2B, then Kanter should get the minutes being moved from Horford or Timelord, and Parker get the minutes from Tatum and Grant.

We need to move Hernangomez and Fernando. Neither are going to get any playing time, and when they do, nothing comes from it.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#26 » by Triple7 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 am

Kanter should get minutes everytime. How much time? Depends on the match up. Lets face it, he is the only big we have that can post up. Al ain’t doing it anymore, Rob can’t really score on his own. Rob needs someone to facilitate for him, or get rebs and put back to score. Not saying that’s bad, as most centers can’t really score on their own. Kanter can also be used to guard big centers in the post. It will be tough for him if the center can go out and shoot. There are a lot of big back up centers out there, he can definitely come in, when those guys come in.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,427

Post#27 » by playa-hater » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:26 am

Kanter is also a top 3 point shooter at 50% and we need shooting 8-)
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Re: Enes Kanter Freedom – (Legal Name Change) Becomes a U.S. Citizen 

Post#28 » by Parliament10 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,427

Post#29 » by playa-hater » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

good for him.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#30 » by jfs1000d » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 am

return2glory wrote:Kanter should be playing 20-24 every game. He have a lot of guys on this team that are bad at shooting and Kanter is great at getting offensive boards. Besides, he is are best low post scorer and sets great screens and brings toughness.

Love Kanter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#31 » by rmal8852 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 am

chrisab123 wrote:Depends if the league ends up stepping in or not. This China stuff can't be helping his case at all. I could see the Celtics trading him the first chance they get for anything so they can get back on TV in China. They hold all the power in this situation.

Is that you LeBron?

You really,really, really, want to bend the knee to China…again?
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#32 » by Triple7 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:54 am

celtxman wrote:
return2glory wrote:Kanter should be playing 20-24 every game. He have a lot of guys on this team that are bad at shooting and Kanter is great at getting offensive boards. Besides, he is are best low post scorer and sets great screens and brings toughness.

There has been a shorter leash on Kanter than anyone I can think of who actually produces. Everyone gets all caught up in his defense, yet the Celtics had their worst defense when he wasn't getting a minute of time. He had some problems in preseason and I knew it would mean he would be benched. There isn't a lot of minutes here with everyone healthy but Kanter should play

I agree. Everyone misses some defensive schemes here and there. Just this game against the Raps, flynn just blew by straight for a layup against one of our better defenders in Josh. Everyone gets beat up. Smart, Rob, Al, tatum and Brown. Everyone. Kanter is fine holding his ground at the post against bigger guys. Ime should just design a defensive scheme if guys like Kanter are in. Switch everything won’t work with Kanter and most bigs. Mismatches often happens with that. Small guys guarding bigs in the post, and bigs guarding small guys outside. This game against the raps, we didn’t switch a lot. You could see Smart fightingboff screens to go his man. It worked fine. Kanter can be fine guarding the middle.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#33 » by theman » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:24 pm

Congratulations on your citizenship Enes Kanter Freedom.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#34 » by ddb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:07 pm

Congrats to Enes for earning his citizenship legally the way it's suppose to be. Our diversity and the dream of living free is what makes our country so great...... Unlike millions of people our current administration is allowing to walk across our southern border illegally..
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,180

Post#35 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

I forgot Freedom is what he used at the back of his jersey during the Orlando bubble.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,101

Post#36 » by MaxwellSmart » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 pm

ddb wrote:Congrats to Enes for earning his citizenship legally the way it's suppose to be. Our diversity and the dream of living free is what makes our country so great...... Unlike millions of people our current administration is allowing to walk across our southern border illegally..

Agreed, but they need the voters, cause they have zero policy. Congrats to Mr. Freedom.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,220

Post#37 » by djFan71 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:49 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:
ddb wrote:Congrats to Enes for earning his citizenship legally the way it's suppose to be. Our diversity and the dream of living free is what makes our country so great...... Unlike millions of people our current administration is allowing to walk across our southern border illegally..

Agreed, but they need the voters, cause they have zero policy. Congrats to Mr. Freedom.

Covid thread is the only one mods are gonna allow this type of stuff. Please drop it.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#38 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:

Not sure why you're agreeing with an incoherent lie.

Not sure why it's in this thread anyway.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#39 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:27 am

Context on the name change: Turks don't assign a lot of importance to family/last names anyway. Most such names are only a century old, when everybody had to pick one as part of Ataturk's modernization/Westernization/reforms/changes.

Perhaps not coincidentally, my stepdaughter has a Turkish first name but her mother's simple English last name.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#40 » by Marvel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 am

Now i feel like a kebab.

Return to Boston Celtics