ImageImageImage

Stewart Suspended 2 games

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Re: Stewart Suspended 2 games 

Post#61 » by bstein14 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 am

Interesting take from Reggie Miller.... Says that Stewart reacted just right at that other guys in the NBA will know not to **** with him because he doesn't **** around. He's going to be looked at like Charles Oakley was back in the day. Said that other NBA players will "be on eggshells" around him.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#62 » by Invictus88 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 am

Canadafan wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
I hate agreeing with Skip, but at least he's not bowing down to James like the rest on ESPN.
Saw a clip where Jason Williams took "our" side.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app

I simply and unequivocally cannot stand S.A.S. I didn't watch the clip. I don't care whether or not I agree with him. His "my voice is louder so I must be right" delivery brings him on par with the sleaze of Jim Rome as my two most hated sports media personalities.

I mean, just look at the still of that video. What a loud-mouthed tool.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#63 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:47 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32711509/lebron-james-returns-suspension-says-blow-isaiah-stewart-definitely-accidental-1-game-ban-unwarranted

So looks like the initial reporting about finding Stewart's number to apologize hasn't materialized and LeBron is doubling down. They haven't even spoken since and LeBron is casually dismissing it, even calling his suspension BS.

So yeah, looks like WWE and retaliation from Stew is back on the menu boys. This is a bad look from Bron
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#64 » by 440BB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:07 pm

Good thing there is a video of what really happened. Lying sack of s**t there.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#65 » by Snakebites » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Nothing more infuriating than a guy who wants to "apologize" but still won't properly own up to what they actually did.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#66 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Snakebites wrote:Nothing more infuriating than a guy who wants to "apologize" but still won't properly own up to what they actually did.

Worse is when they double or triple down. It's simply the worst
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#67 » by tradez401 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:10 pm

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#68 » by tmorgan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 pm

An Oakley-type career wouldn’t be a bad thing to get out of Stewart. Cade needs to get him a gift, talk him up, and no one will ever mess with Cade.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#69 » by bstein14 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:22 pm

I was pretty much over the Lebron/Stewart thing but hearing him say that the suspension was bull and that he swung down at his arm and just nicked his face on accident makes me once again just fine if Stewart goes after LeBron this game.

Best case scenario is Stewart and the Pistons just play dominant basketball and win the game with ease but the reality is the refs are probably going to call every little whistle on Stewart and he's going to get frustrated by it. Hopefully I'm wrong about that, but I wouldn't mind if Stewart forcefully swung his closed fist at the direction of LeBron's face and opened him up and then we could see how LeBron reacts to it.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#70 » by BDM22 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:32 pm

bstein14 wrote:I was pretty much over the Lebron/Stewart thing but hearing him say that the suspension was bull and that he swung down at his arm and just nicked his face on accident makes me once again just fine if Stewart goes after LeBron this game.

Best case scenario is Stewart and the Pistons just play dominant basketball and win the game with ease but the reality is the refs are probably going to call every little whistle on Stewart and he's going to get frustrated by it. Hopefully I'm wrong about that, but I wouldn't mind if Stewart forcefully swung his closed fist at the direction of LeBron's face and opened him up and then we could see how LeBron reacts to it.

I'm sure the league told Stewart/Pistons that if anything happens there will be MASSIVE consequences.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#71 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:03 pm

BDM22 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:I was pretty much over the Lebron/Stewart thing but hearing him say that the suspension was bull and that he swung down at his arm and just nicked his face on accident makes me once again just fine if Stewart goes after LeBron this game.

I'm sure the league told Stewart/Pistons that if anything happens there will be MASSIVE consequences.

That and those fines are actually rough on Stewart if it happens again, it's pennies to LeBron.

Return to Detroit Pistons