Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,401

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#401 » by Muzbar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 am

What about Daniel Oturu?

He's with the Windy City Bulls putting up 20ppg, 9rpg and just under 2bpg whilst shooting 63-37-70.

6'8" 240lbs.

Would rather him on one of the 2ways than Tyler Cook.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,362

Post#402 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:37 am

Muzbar wrote:What about Daniel Oturu?

He's with the Windy City Bulls putting up 20ppg, 9rpg and just under 2bpg whilst shooting 63-37-70.

6'8" 240lbs.

I generally agree but there must be some method to the madness with who and why they bring up certain guys. They have more intel and interaction and I just assume they feel at least until this point Oturu wasn’t the answer?
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,401

Post#403 » by Muzbar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Muzbar wrote:What about Daniel Oturu?

6'8" 240lbs.

I generally agree but there must be some method to the madness with who and why they bring up certain guys. They have more intel and interaction and I just assume they feel at least until this point Oturu wasn’t the answer?

I mean the front office obviously knows more than I do (or do they?) but I'm not seeing what Cook and Dotson bring to the table.

Oturu fills a need and has had some decent games late last season for the Clippers.

At worse he seems better than Simonovic.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#404 » by BullChit » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Was just watching some Zion Williamson stuff and realised at 6ft6 he has to be a main target for this team at the 4 right?
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#405 » by sco » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm

Ilyosova is sitting out there somewhere.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,918

Post#406 » by ChettheJet » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Having watched the ORL game, I really think Mo Bamba has to be a consideration. The Magic just don't play him that much and his numbers reflect that. They don't seem to run any plays for him when he is in there, lobs and offensive rebounds are all they do with him.

Obviously ORL is going nowhere this year, they have some fine young talent so one more draft might be their plan. They just signed Carter for 4 years, Bamba's qualifying offer is $22M so they aren't picking that up, their only option is to resign him long term and they also have the injured Isaac signed for 4 years. maybe they take the PORT pick and an expiring contract or 2 to bring in a veteran to finish the year.

The Bulls wouldn't pay Bamba's QO either but maybe a 3 year deal with the third being his option so he can get some quality minutes on a winning team to raise his stock. He starts this year, comes off the bench next year behind Vuc and PW while PW gets the backup minute behind DeRozan.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#407 » by sco » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:06 pm

I wonder when Billy gives up on the Green at starting PF experiment. Maybe he's playing injured, but his defense hasn't looked the same in November as it did earlier. I think Billy has been reluctant to move DJJ to that role, which seems better for him, because he doesn't have faith in Bradley...IDK, but I'd rather roll with Bradley at backup C than Green at starting PF, where teams are starting to expose him.
:clap:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#408 » by FriedRise » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:07 pm

BullChit wrote:Was just watching some Zion Williamson stuff and realised at 6ft6 he has to be a main target for this team at the 4 right?

Amateur hour!

He’d be playing center full time here :D
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#409 » by Global Game » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 pm

I'm all for Cheick Diallo and Tristan Thompson.

If 20 games in your team is 28th in the league in rebounding the, "style of play" and roster construction needs to change.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,362

Post#410 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:55 am

Global Game wrote:I'm all for Cheick Diallo and Tristan Thompson.

If 20 games in your team is 28th in the league in rebounding the, "style of play" and roster construction needs to change.

They would help. There is game tape. Small ball works in segments not always or everyone would do it. Nice to be able to have that lineup but when it is on tape too much it gets exposed. Gotta keep the game planning on its heels a bit.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#411 » by StunnerKO » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Good enough for the champs but not us

Read on Twitter
?s=21
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#412 » by StunnerKO » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Good enough for the champs but not us

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#413 » by Lexluthor » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 pm

This team needs to make a trade
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 579

Post#414 » by Almost Retired » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:08 pm

Lexluthor wrote:This team needs to make a trade

I'm pretty sure AKME will let things ride to the trade deadline then see what we have and what might be available. A trade take 2 teams to tango. But there may be some "4s" that could help us that are currently getting more bench time on their current team than their salaries can justify. Best case scenario is that Coby gets more consistent and shows enough to make him valuable enough to get something useful back by trading him.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,738

Post#415 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:14 pm

Almost Retired wrote:

I'm pretty sure AKME will let things ride to the trade deadline then see what we have and what might be available. A trade take 2 teams to tango. But there may be some "4s" that could help us that are currently getting more bench time on their current team than their salaries can justify. Best case scenario is that Coby gets more consistent and shows enough to make him valuable enough to get something useful back by trading him.

To this point, (and I agree with you), nothing is likely to happen until the deadline because there is almost never a meaningful market before the deadline.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#416 » by MGB8 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:45 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:

To this point, (and I agree with you), nothing is likely to happen until the deadline because there is almost never a meaningful market before the deadline.

Yeah, but the issue is that there are NBA level players out there who could potentially be upgrades (and certainly over Matt Thomas).

Patrick Patterson, James Ennis (if going for another wing), a bunch of guys down in the G-League...

It's true that a good number would take a while to adjust to scheme, but there are some out there (like Patterson) who have previously played for Donovan, too. I guess that might be somewhat demoralizing for the guys currently on the team - but when Pat went down, that exposed a serious deficiency.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Post#417 » by InsideInfo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:40 pm

What up with myers leonord?

Is he not being signed bc of that anti jew things he said online?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,738

Post#418 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:52 pm

MGB8 wrote:Yeah, but the issue is that there are NBA level players out there who could potentially be upgrades (and certainly over Matt Thomas).

Patrick Patterson, James Ennis (if going for another wing), a bunch of guys down in the G-League...

It's true that a good number would take a while to adjust to scheme, but there are some out there (like Patterson) who have previously played for Donovan, too. I guess that might be somewhat demoralizing for the guys currently on the team - but when Pat went down, that exposed a serious deficiency.

If you want to swap out Thomas for a big, I'd be in favor. I mentioned dumping Thomas for Myers Leonard though not sure you really chase a pure center at this point. Not really sure a guy like Patterson would crack the rotation even if we had him though.

Donovan likes to play small and I think would still stick with teh lineups we have. That said, Thomas isn't doing anything, so if you think you can upgrade he should absolutely be viewed as entirely expendable.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
iqureshi
Junior
And1: 211

Post#419 » by iqureshi » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 pm

InsideInfo wrote:What up with myers leonord?

You are expecting the proud Jewish owner to sign the guy banned for making anti Jewish comments? I don't see it happening, but hey never know.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Post#420 » by InsideInfo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:28 pm

iqureshi wrote:
InsideInfo wrote:What up with myers leonord?

You are expecting the proud Jewish owner to sign the guy banned for making anti Jewish comments? I don't see it happening, but hey never know.

lol didnt think about that fact, but my question is still the same. Is that why he is unsigned?

Return to Chicago Bulls