Starter
And1: 2,263

Re: Jalen Green - next elite prospect 

Post#281 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:58 am

Brofessor24 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
You seem way too sensitive.

I love Jalen's confidence. Also, he has no obligation to say nice things 100% of the time. It's admirable that he is willing to share his unfiltered opinions.

It's hilarious how pathetic some NBA fans are. They want players to talk more, but then they get triggered when a player says something that they don't like.

And you seem overly dismissive of any line of thinking that goes against yours. Having that outlook on a basketball forum where diversity of viewpoint is encouraged is what's really "hilariously pathetic".

But hey, just expressing my opinion.

That same logic could be applied to you.

Just expressing my opinion.

I'm glad that Jalen isn't a fan of Detroit. That city is hella boring.

A quick scan of your most recent posts over the last couple of months shows a somewhat concerning trend of condescension, thinly veiled hostility and just generally attempting to get reactions out of other posters. So I'll consciously disengage from here.

Hope you find the satisfaction you're looking for.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#282 » by DCasey91 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:11 am

Sea2003 wrote:Mobley is firmly ahead of JG imo

I have them both as the two best prospects this draft class. For me though Mobley is much more of a project then Green is and it’s not close at all.

Expecting 17-19 on above average efficiency from Green and even then it maybe unders considering how easy it is to score nowadays.
The over/unders 3 games of 40 or near to it is definitely on imo.

He’s a born scorer. And he has distinct polish (More than peers coming in such as Lavine whose taller anyway) he’s improved the most out of the three since high school. Personality aside there’s a clear as day trajectory with him that’s shows maturity. All signs point northbound.

G League was the pre rookie, rookie year. He’s coming into it primed and ready to go. He was top 10 in efficiency splits btw.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,833

Post#283 » by azcatz11 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:40 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
And you seem overly dismissive of any line of thinking that goes against yours. Having that outlook on a basketball forum where diversity of viewpoint is encouraged is what's really "hilariously pathetic".

A quick scan of your most recent posts over the last couple of months shows a somewhat concerning trend of condescension, thinly veiled hostility and just generally attempting to get reactions out of other posters. So I'll consciously disengage from here.

I ignored him / her months ago. Same posts every time. Definition of a troll
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#284 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:55 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

there is a reason most people ignore that dude
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#285 » by Brofessor24 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

Don't let me live rent free in your mind for too long.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man

Post#286 » by Brofessor24 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:

You are irrelevant on this forum lol.

People like you are parasites.

Warning sent to Brofessor24
Brofessor24
Sixth Man

Post#287 » by Brofessor24 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:33 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:

I ignored him / her months ago. Same posts every time. Definition of a troll

Pure projection on your part.

You need serious psychological help.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#288 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Brofessor24 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

settle down champ
Brofessor24
Sixth Man

Post#289 » by Brofessor24 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:11 am

clyde21 wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

settle down champ

Settle down cupcake.
Sea2003
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#290 » by Sea2003 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:19 am

DCasey91 wrote:

I have them both as the two best prospects this draft class. For me though Mobley is much more of a project then Green is and it’s not close at all.

Expecting 17-19 on above average efficiency from Green and even then it maybe unders considering how easy it is to score nowadays.

He’s a born scorer. And he has distinct polish (More than peers coming in such as Lavine whose taller anyway) he’s improved the most out of the three since high school. Personality aside there’s a clear as day trajectory with him that’s shows maturity. All signs point northbound.

G League was the pre rookie, rookie year. He’s coming into it primed and ready to go. He was top 10 in efficiency splits btw.

I just think Mobley's high-end outcome is much more valuable/attainable than any of Green's
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#291 » by tmorgan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:44 am

People talk about Green as polished for a 19yr old. As a scorer, kind of. He has a good set of moves, a couple of counters, and great body control. But that’s the only polish I see. He’s a fairly awful defender despite being quick, and the NBA is going to abuse him for a while. His passing is basic and his handle is average. If he truly is a near elite scorer right out of the box, he’s going to see doubles and feigned doubles and isn’t ready for it yet.

I do think JG is a future all-star and maybe even league-leading scorer, because he’s just that impressive even in his undeveloped form. But do think it’s going to take years before he’s a positive impact player, just like 95% of all rookies that get any real usage early on. That’s perfectly ok for Houston.

(and before anyone that’s a Rockets fan sees my fav team and starts in on Cade, he’s got a lot of work to do as well)
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#292 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:45 am

DCasey91 wrote:

he has gleague so he should have dominated summer league which is basically an extension of g league he had advantages over cade. mobley seems the more raw prospect but that doesnt mean JG is going to put up 20 ppg right out of the gate and be a borderline all star. He is merely worth his draft spot if im a gm im ok letting a prospect go that will give me losses for 5 seasons before figuring it out like Lavine which is what most rookies do. i mean would anyone be excited to keep anthony edwards for 4 yrs and not worry about losing their job I think its much better to trade for a current all star and take the present.

if both reach their absolute peak, mobley is definitely a unicorn because he can play 3 positions we already saw how ayton can impact the game i have to give it to him. but they arent cannot miss prospects im ok with trading them for holmgren. both would be lucky to be top 3 options on a championship contender. as prospects, i rate them below brown and tatum who are the bare minimum for top 2 options and they were both picked number 3.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#293 » by God Squad » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 am

agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#294 » by agkagk » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:23 am

I’m starting to get oj mayo vibes from this guy.

Both smaller and shorter than advertised.
europeannbafan
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#295 » by europeannbafan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:18 am

agkagk wrote:I’m starting to get oj mayo vibes from this guy.

I don't like him a lot either.
I have watched 3 rockets' game this season.
I don't like his shooting stroke,his body,his decision making.
Very athletic and quick though.
Some early comparisons with Kobe are just hilarious.
Would help his long term potential if he was taller.I doubt he is 6'5 in shoes.
I cannot understand how the rockets chose him over Mobley.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 700

Post#296 » by RollingWave » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:27 am

agkagk wrote:I’m starting to get oj mayo vibes from this guy.

Well OJ Mayo was also fat, that seem to be the opposite of Green's problem.

europeannbafan wrote:I don't like him a lot either.
I have watched 3 rockets' game this season.
I don't like his shooting stroke,his body,his decision making.
Very athletic and quick though.
Some early comparisons with Kobe are just hilarious.
Would help his long term potential if he was taller.I doubt he is 6'5 in shoes.
I cannot understand how the rockets chose him over Mobley.

I dunno about stroke, but when he does hit his 3s he's one of those guys that can hit a shot without the net moving. so the touch seems amazing.

Obviously the rest of his game isn't there right now, the comp to Zach Levine seems reasonable and it took quite awhile for Levine to really be a player. (he's also playing worse than Levine did in his rookie year though, but within range where it's plausible he could still get to about the same spot as long as he play a bit better going forward.)

Part of it is also the Rockets playing a system that mostly didn't make sense until the last couple games, when they finally just play one big and real pick and roll.

We'll see, obviously Mobley everyone just got wrong and should have gone #1, but I'm not going crazy for a 19 year old (that look more like he's 17 ) getting smoked for a few games in the NBA. If you're going to throw around the Kobe comp, it should be noted that 18 games in (as Green is now) Kobe hasn't started a game, and averaged 10 minutes, aka he's playing as the 9th/10th man, and shot the exact same FG% as Green while hitting more of his 3s (percentage wise.) though obviously the offensive context is a bit different between the era.

If I were Houston I'd use his current injury as an excuse to play him off the bench for awhile after he comes back. it's not just that he probably should first play against backups, but also that Houston's backup lineup make more sense with him than him playing with Porter and 2 bigs.

Wake me up if he still sucks this much around game 75 or something.
The river of time wash away all heroes
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,895

Post#297 » by K_chile22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:03 am

Zach Lavine in his first 18 games had similar efficiency in terms of TS but in a much smaller role. High usage 19 YOs generally are pretty damaging players. He's doing better than Ant was through 18 last year and had been playing a lot better lately.
Last 5 games he was at 14.4 points a night in 27 minutes (because he got hurt in the midst of an 11 points on 4-5 shooting first quarter) on 60% TS. First game where the rockets actually tried spacing the floor and he was looking nice. Will be interesting once he comes back now that the two big lineups appear to be dead with Thies being a DNP-CD the last two games

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#298 » by MotownMadness » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:01 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Zach Lavine in his first 18 games had similar efficiency in terms of TS but in a much smaller role. High usage 19 YOs generally are pretty damaging players. He's doing better than Ant was through 18 last year and had been playing a lot better lately.
Last 5 games he was at 14.4 points a night in 27 minutes (because he got hurt in the midst of an 11 points on 4-5 shooting first quarter) on 60% TS. First game where the rockets actually tried spacing the floor and he was looking nice. Will be interesting once he comes back now that the two big lineups appear to be dead with Thies being a DNP-CD the last two games

What was Ant Man putting up this far in last year? if you have the numbers
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,895

Post#299 » by K_chile22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:10 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Zach Lavine in his first 18 games had similar efficiency in terms of TS but in a much smaller role. High usage 19 YOs generally are pretty damaging players. He's doing better than Ant was through 18 last year and had been playing a lot better lately.

What was Ant Man putting up this far in last year? if you have the numbers
13 ppg on a touch over 14 shooting possessions vs 14 ppg on a touch under 14 shooting possessions and all other numbers are similar, so slightly more efficient but also playing the bulk of his minutes vs starters while Ant was coming off the bench

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#300 » by eminence » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:12 pm

High usage rookies generally suck statistically, haven't watched enough of the Rockets (play Garuba!) to get a feel for how promising he looks. But nobody should be surprised he's bad with how much he's been asked to do.
I bought a boat.

Return to NBA Draft