ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#841 » by exculpatory » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:38 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Tyakack wrote:"If only the unvaxxed were dying" xD. Gotta love the pro vax people though. They always provide a good laugh. They act like they are better people than you one moment then the very next they make it beyond obvious they are more disgusting than they claim you are. "Get the vax! Save lives!.....Wait, you don't agree with my stance? DIE!" Lmao walking hypocrites. Like most on the left.

Did you misread exculpatory's line accidentally or on purpose? He clearly meant that if it was just the unvaccinated who are croaking, it would be one thing.

Everything you wrote is shameful, misleading and idiotic.

Willful ignorance and/or blatant stupidity.

He purposefully ignores my countless earlier posts in the Covid threads where I tried my best to explain the true medical science of Covid substantiated by innumerable publications by the best ID & epidemiological minds on the planet - where I did NOT insult ANYONE. And now that I (and a huge number of other dedicated physicians) have lost our tolerance, patience & empathy for these selfish, ignorant nimrods, & I am letting loose, he is simply too **** stupid to understand the nuance of what I just wrote or he does understand & purposely misinterprets what I just wrote to fit his despicable agenda. And then he simultaneously impugns my character? LOL. I have contributed more to society as a dedicated physician in 1 day than this puke has contributed during the entirety of his pathetic existence. Shameful, misleading & idiotic are vast understatements when describing the garbage he and a few others post.

Lord help us if this omicron variant establishes a major foothold.

Happy Thanksgiving, SD.

PS And, LOL, ironically, I am light years away from being a left wing liberal.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#842 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:29 pm

Mods complicit in bullying here while allowing ableist slurs left and right. But I guess it’s all in the name of good health, right?
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,314

Post#843 » by sprash9802 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:01 am

Looks like there are some here who are desperate to get their hands on the Herman Cain Award, eh? You live by that sword, don't be surprised when you die by it. And don't go to a hospital either when you get the virus. After all, the doctors are lying to you, right?
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,846

Post#844 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#845 » by Triple7 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:52 pm

The South African Medical Association debunked the hysteria over the Omicron COVID variant on Saturday. Angelique Coetzee, the chairwoman of the South African Medical Association who first raised the alarm of the new COVID variant, gave an interesting update and now says the new variant known as the ‘Omicron’ causes “unusual but mild symptoms.” “It presents mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two not feeling well. So far, we have detected that those infected do not suffer the loss of taste or smell. They might have a slight cough. There are no prominent symptoms. Of those infected some are currently being treated at home,” said Dr. Coetzee to Sputnik. “Yes, it is transmissible, but for now, as medical practitioners, we do not know why so much hype is being driven as we are still looking into it. We will only know after two to three weeks as there are some patients admitted and these are young people aged 40 and younger,” she added. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/11/south-african-medical-association-debunks-global-hysteria-says-omicron-variant-symptoms-unusual-mild-even-says-no-reason-panic/

Hope this is true!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#846 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Triple7 wrote:The South African Medical Association debunked the hysteria over the Omicron COVID variant on Saturday. Angelique Coetzee, the chairwoman of the South African Medical Association who first raised the alarm of the new COVID variant, gave an interesting update and now says the new variant known as the ‘Omicron’ causes “unusual but mild symptoms.” “It presents mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two not feeling well. So far, we have detected that those infected do not suffer the loss of taste or smell. They might have a slight cough. There are no prominent symptoms. Of those infected some are currently being treated at home,” said Dr. Coetzee to Sputnik. “Yes, it is transmissible, but for now, as medical practitioners, we do not know why so much hype is being driven as we are still looking into it. We will only know after two to three weeks as there are some patients admitted and these are young people aged 40 and younger,” she added. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/11/south-african-medical-association-debunks-global-hysteria-says-omicron-variant-symptoms-unusual-mild-even-says-no-reason-panic/

Hope this is true!

This is actually a big relief.

At the same time, and as mild as this strain may be, it's still a problem. This mild strain could be the door to more mutations that may not be so mild. So we're lucky (to a certain extent) with Omicron, but the next iteration may bite us in the ass if we aren't careful as a community worldwide. The more people this **** infects, the higher the chances of more mutations.
coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants) 

Post#847 » by coach mang » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:48 pm

da OMICRON twas spawned from da lost pages of da necronomicon

twas writ in the long ago books

ahahahaha da technopopes just letting da altar boys/interns name these things now. the email says "just name it something scary francis" a lil evil dead a lil transformers and we get to OMICRON ahahahaha

all ye who enter here abandon hope

for ye've entered the lair of the technopope

da nugnostics use digital alchemy

to beget their postliquid modernity

it is good it is fine

let it go unwind thy mind

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#848 » by ddb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:19 pm

I'll continue to live my normal life regardless of what marketing campaign/scare tactics are attempted. More and more people are awakening to what this has always been about.
ddb
RealGM

Post#849 » by ddb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:22 pm

exculpatory wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Words don’t kill anyone you pathetic wormf*cking loser babies

Neither do vaccines. The unvaccinated on the other hand....

If only the unvaccinated were croaking, it would be one thing.
These unvaccinated scumbags are also spreading it to the vaccinated but vulnerable/immunocompromised some of whom will die - aside from denying ICU beds to the non-Covid critically ill.

how long are you going to continue to fall for this garbage being spewed??
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#850 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:38 pm

ddb wrote:I'll continue to live my normal life regardless of what marketing campaign/scare tactics are attempted. More and more people are awakening to what this has always been about.

We already know, and frankly no one gives a ****. No need to repeat the same crap over and over. Everybody got the message: you know what's really going on, and we're sheeple.

Five years from now you'll look back and say "how on earth did nobody tell me I was an idiot"? Hopefully no one dear to you will die in the meantime (not that you care).
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#851 » by Mr Loggins » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 pm

ddb wrote:I'll continue to live my normal life regardless of what marketing campaign/scare tactics are attempted. More and more people are awakening to what this has always been about.

you do that.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. In our ICU (minneapolis/st.paul area) we keep track of demographics. Of our last 100+ covid patients >85% are unvaccinated.

It’s been a double edged sword for me; because of the unvaccinated on the one hand i was able to write a check for my new car. On the otherhand i’ve had to give back a lot of my vacation last year due to the overflowing ICU census, and my burn-out meter is starting to fill.
ddb
RealGM

Post#852 » by ddb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:47 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:

you do that.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. In our ICU (minneapolis/st.paul area) we keep track of demographics. Of our last 100+ covid patients >85% are unvaccinated.

It’s been a double edged sword for me; because of the unvaccinated on the one hand i was able to write a check for my new car. On the otherhand i’ve had to give back a lot of my vacation last year due to the overflowing ICU census, and my burn-out meter is starting to fill.

Are you sure none of those stats consist of people recently vaccinated within 14 days and end up in the ICU as an "unvaccinated" person? because a lot of vaccine injuries are being considered "unvaccinated" to help the narrative and to hide the fact that there are a **** ton of vaccine injuries.

I was in the hot tub with my wife the other night shortly after watching another episode of Dopesick.....If you haven't already watched it, it's a show about the oxycontin/opioid pandemic. Anyway, while in there we easily listed off around 20 people we knew through the years in some capacity that has gone on to die from opioid addiction. Very sad. At the same time we tried and tried and tried but couldn't think of a single person we know that has died from covid. Not one. Not a friend of a friend. Not a relative. Not a neighbor. Not anyone from our kids youth sports teams...not a single person we knew from town. Zero.
The only person I could even think of was a guy I've never met, but my contractor knows who died WITH covid. But he was also extremely overweight, old, had diabetes, and took horrible care of himself. And he was vaccinated.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#853 » by Mr Loggins » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 pm

ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

you do that.

Are you sure none of those stats consist of people recently vaccinated within 14 days and end up in the ICU as an "unvaccinated" person? because a lot of vaccine injuries are being considered "unvaccinated" to help the narrative and to hide the fact that there are a **** ton of vaccine injuries.

I was in the hot tub with my wife the other night shortly after watching another episode of Dopesick.....If you haven't already watched it, it's a show about the oxycontin/opioid pandemic. Anyway, while in there we easily listed off around 20 people we knew through the years in some capacity that has gone on to die from opioid addiction. Very sad. At the same time we tried and tried and tried but couldn't think of a single person we know that has died from covid. Not one. Not a friend of a friend. Not a relative. Not a neighbor. Not anyone from our kids youth sports teams...not a single person we knew from town. Zero.
The only person I could even think of was a guy I've never met, but my contractor knows who died WITH covid. But he was also extremely overweight, old, had diabetes, and took horrible care of himself. And he was vaccinated.

none of the unvaccinated patients are in fact vaccinated people that the hospital is counting as unvaccinated. That’s just an asanine thought.

They are pretty much just like you: going to concert and musing how covid is fake/overblown until it’s not and they land in the ICU receiving various uncomfortable treatments (bipap, chest tubes, ventilator etc).
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#854 » by djFan71 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:31 pm

ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

you do that.

That's the problem with relying on anecdotal evidence, no?

But, Dopesick is great. We're a few episodes in. It sucks you lost that many people to it. Very sad, indeed.
I'm the reverse. Don't know anybody that died due to opiods, but know a few (distant) connections that died with/from covid.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Post#855 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:Mods complicit in bullying here while allowing ableist slurs left and right. But I guess it’s all in the name of good health, right?

It was said early on that this is a contentious subject and that mods were going to kind of let anything go. So in that spirit: if you don't like it gtfo snowflake.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#856 » by exculpatory » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

you do that.

None of the unvaccinated patients are in fact vaccinated people that the hospital is counting as unvaccinated. That’s just an asinine thought.

They are pretty much just like you: going to concert and musing how covid is fake/overblown until it’s not and they land in the ICU receiving various uncomfortable treatments (bipap, chest tubes, ventilator etc).

Yup, Mr Loggins, a critical care physician & I (an endocrinologist & a Professor of Medicine) & the Director of the CDC (a primo Harvard Infectious Disease doc) are just making this up. Covid really isn’t happening. All of us are on the payroll of Big Pharma. What a **** moron - willfully ignorant beyond human comprehension.

ttps://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/963758

WebMD Health
Unvaccinated 14 Times More Likely to Die From COVID

While the growing number of breakthrough cases worries health officials, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, reiterated that unvaccinated people are still most at risk from COVID-19.
"Infections among the unvaccinated continue to drive this pandemic, hospitalizations, and deaths — tragically, at a time when we have vaccines that can provide incredible protection," Walensky said Monday at a White House news briefing.
Unvaccinated people are about six times more likely to test positive than vaccinated people, nine times more likely to be hospitalized, and 14 times more likely to die from COVID-related complications, Walensky said.

Though vaccine booster shots for all adults were authorized last week, Walensky said that "we are not losing sight of the goal to vaccinate all who are eligible with their primary vaccine series. Forty-seven million eligible American adults and more than twelve million teens are still not fully vaccinated and remain at highest risk of disease."
Major COVID statistics keep turning upward, Walensky said.
The seven-day daily average of cases is about 92,800 per day, an 18% increase over the previous week, and about 5,600 people per day are being hospitalized with COVID, a 6% increase over last week, she said. The seven-day average of daily deaths is 1,000 per day.
Walensky said COVID vaccines are making it possible for people to safely gather for Thanksgiving celebrations, unlike last year.
"If you or your family members are not yet vaccinated, please consider the benefits of vaccination," she said. "Roll up your sleeves and get protected or boosted, especially if you will be around those who are at higher risk or children under the age of five who are not yet eligible for vaccination."
The CDC says 69.5% of the U.S. population received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine 59% is fully vaccinated and 18.7% has received a booster shot
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#857 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:53 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
ddb wrote:

none of the unvaccinated patients are in fact vaccinated people that the hospital is counting as unvaccinated. That’s just an asanine thought.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/963758

Yup, Mr Loggins, a critical care physician & I (an endocrinologist & a Professor of Medicine) & the Director of the CDC (a primo Harvard Infectious Disease doc) are just making this up. Covid really isn’t happening. All of us are on the payroll of Big Pharma. What a **** moron - willfully ignorant beyond human comprehension.

He clearly said that he didn't know anybody who had died of covid -- that's good enough for me. Covid is a hoax. Trust the hot-tub geniuses.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#858 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:53 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Mods complicit in bullying here while allowing ableist slurs left and right. But I guess it’s all in the name of good health, right?

It was said early on that this is a contentious subject and that mods were going to kind of let anything go. So in that spirit: if you don't like it gtfo snowflake.

I know that was said but it’s ridiculous to say it’s okay to bully and name call because it’s a contentious subject. The fact that this needs to be said shows how off the rails some have gone. This is mirroring what’s going on in the larger society and all it does is create division.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#859 » by exculpatory » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:20 am

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#860 » by Triple7 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:35 am

ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

you do that.

Lucky you! I have known a handful of guys personally that died from covid, and numerous guys that almost died because it. All weren’t vaccinated. Most not by choice, vaccines weren’t available yet at that time.

Return to Boston Celtics