ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1121 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:42 pm

All of my wife's relatives are getting too old to make lefse by hand anymore, I'm going to have to start at some point. I have the griddle and tools for it, just need to try it. For now, the Festivel brand (produced by Countryside) is good enough.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1122 » by emunney » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 am

Happy Terry Stotts' Birthday to all those who observe.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#1123 » by wallus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:33 am

I was in Orlando last Wednesday for a trade show and convention that had absolutely nothing to do with sports. All of a sudden I turn around and there walks by Ersan by himself at the trade show walking around checking things out. He must be bored I guess?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1124 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:02 pm

Anyone getting anything good for black Friday?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1125 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:07 pm

wallus wrote:I was in Orlando last Wednesday for a trade show and convention that had absolutely nothing to do with sports. All of a sudden I turn around and there walks by Ersan by himself at the trade show walking around checking things out. He must be bored I guess?

This demands more information. Was it a "pump fake" convention? Was it a "high ankle sock" convention? Was it a "plastic face mask" convention? Was it a "map making in the Balkan and east Asian regions" convention? Please tell us more.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#1126 » by LittleRooster » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
wallus wrote:I was in Orlando last Wednesday for a trade show and convention that had absolutely nothing to do with sports. All of a sudden I turn around and there walks by Ersan by himself at the trade show walking around checking things out. He must be bored I guess?

This demands more information. Was it a "pump fake" convention? Was it a "high ankle sock" convention? Was it a "plastic face mask" convention? Was it a "map making in the Balkan and east Asian regions" convention? Please tell us more.

It was the “So you can’t jump anymore. Time to take a charge” convention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#1127 » by wallus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:

It was an amusement park convention/trade show. You can't just walk in off the street to get in and it is pretty expensive (not that it would be for him). Maybe an Ersan themed theme park is coming to a city near you.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1128 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:26 pm

wallus wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:

It was an amusement park convention/trade show. You can't just walk in off the street to get in and it is pretty expensive (not that it would be for him). Maybe an Ersan themed theme park is coming to a city near you.

This is so esoteric, I **** love that Ersan was there :lol:
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 989

Post#1129 » by Ryan5UW » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:13 pm

wallus wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:

You stand on the track and the cart runs you over.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1130 » by drew881 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
wallus wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:

You stand on the track and the cart runs you over.

It could have been his Doppelgänger Arsen, who is a rollercoaster tycoon.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#1131 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:55 pm

Anybody know of any good dog boarding places in the southeastern Wisconsin area?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#1132 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:36 am

I do not remember my arm being this sore after either of the first two COVID vaccine doses. Holy ****, it feels like it's going to fall off.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1133 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:38 am

jschligs wrote:I do not remember my arm being this sore after either of the first two COVID vaccine doses. Holy ****, it feels like it's going to fall off.

My booster is this Sunday; taking Monday off preemptively this time. Planning to just lie in bed all day. But, definitely ready for it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#1134 » by RiotPunch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:40 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Anybody know of any good dog boarding places in the southeastern Wisconsin area?

My extended family runs Dogtopia in Pewaukee, they do great work and really care for the animals.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1135 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:I do not remember my arm being this sore after either of the first two COVID vaccine doses. Holy ****, it feels like it's going to fall off.

My booster is this Sunday; taking Monday off preemptively this time. Planning to just lie in bed all day. But, definitely ready for it.

Got my booster Saturday. Sore arm about the same as the first 2, as far as I can remember.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#1136 » by Finn » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Unfortunately, I had little to no reaction to any of the 3 jabs. One of the prices paid being immune compromised.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1137 » by crkone » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:44 pm

I had a low grade fever the next day after the booster that shot up to 102 at night. Perfectly fine the next morning.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#1138 » by Siefer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 pm

Finn wrote:Unfortunately, I had little to no reaction to any of the 3 jabs. One of the prices paid being immune compromised.

I only had a strong reaction to my third shot, but I went off my medication before and after getting the jab, and promptly had my worst flare in 4 years as a reward.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#1139 » by Finn » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:19 pm

Bummer... My protocol was to get my monthly treatment & then replace it the next month with a jab. I did that for each of the 3 vaccinations.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1140 » by emunney » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:41 pm

I felt like I had a longer time getting over the booster than the 2nd shot, but the symptoms weren't different (fatigue, mental fog). Big difference was I took the next day off after the 2nd shot and powered through the booster. With the 2nd shot I was like 80% back to normal on the 2nd day after, and with the booster I didn't really feel fully myself until Friday (shot on the previous Sunday). If I end up having to get another one, I'll go back to laying low the following day and let my body work through it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks