ImageImageImageImage

NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

NBA Trade Deadline Feb 10th 

Post#1 » by MasterGMer » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:09 pm

Trade season is coming up. Magic is one of the few teams who have a trade exception (17.2 TPE)

Would you do this trade?

Magic:
J Isaac
Mo Bamba

for

Golden State:
Moses Moody
James Wiseman
Kuminga
Damion Lee

We get a young center in Wiseman

I think Isaac is all but gone. He never played with this group and we are just doing fine.
I get it, he was a defensive Star. But how is he going to jell with this young group we have right now?

Franz is thriving and we also have Okeke

We can avoid hit our salary cap by sending away Bamba, who is coming to become RFA and got another Rookie Contract in Wiseman.

Moses Moody was someone I wanted at the draft. Dude can shoot and we need shooters from the bench
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Re: NBA Trade season restarts Dec 15th until Trade Deadline 

Post#2 » by Ducklett » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:30 pm

I can see both sides of this for why and why not. On the one hand turning Bamba and Isaac into a bunch of assets seems smart. On the other hand none of those guys actually get burn on the Warriors and you have to wonder if it is because they are trash (Wiseman seems like total garbage, by the way, The Bamba haters would have a heart attack over how much worse Wiseman is).
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#3 » by MasterGMer » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:35 pm

Ducklett wrote:I can see both sides of this for why and why not. On the one hand turning Bamba and Isaac into a bunch of assets seems smart. On the other hand none of those guys actually get burn on the Warriors and you have to wonder if it is because they are trash (Wiseman seems like total garbage, by the way, The Bamba haters would have a heart attack over how much worse Wiseman is).

Bamba is going to get paid. NO.3 best shot blocker in the NBA plus his size.

The question is whether Orlando will pay him.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#4 » by FFBlitzace » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:36 pm

MasterGMer wrote:I think Isaac is all but gone. He never played with this group and we are just doing fine.

*looks at record*

*looks at ranks in significant statistical categories*

Literal "this is fine" meme lol.

Alright alright, joking aside, I get what you're saying, but JI really is a difference maker when he plays. Obviously "when he plays" is one heck of a qualifier in this scenario, given his history.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,313

Post#5 » by Knightro » Fri Dec 3, 2021 1:19 am

MasterGMer wrote:Trade season is coming up. Magic is one of the few teams who have a trade exception (17.2 TPE)

Would you do this trade?

Magic:
J Isaac
Mo Bamba

for

Golden State:
Moses Moody
James Wiseman
Kuminga
Damion Lee

I would not do this deal.

I'm certainly not against trading away Isaac given his injury history, and I'm definitely more than fine moving Bamba, but I'm generally not a fan of Kuminga or Wiseman as centerpieces.

I'd be more interested in using Isaac as the centerpiece of a deal for someone around his age (23-25) who can step in and be a key rotation guy or even more for a while.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

NBA Trade season restarts Dec 15th until Trade Deadline 

Post#6 » by MagicTownBaller » Fri Dec 3, 2021 1:34 am

Golden State will not trade for Isaac. They're one of the teams that the city mandated the vaccine.

Would I do the trade though? 100% yes
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#7 » by The Effect » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:03 am

There is no way the Warriors do that trade

The way i look at this is that MAYBE the warriors would do wiseman for Bamba straight up since wiseman hasnt shown much and been hurt for 2 year, but even then, mo is about to get paid, not sure the warriors would pay him, but again, theres a chance they would do this

What they wouldnt do is trade Kuminga, Moody and Lee for a guy who is coming off a knee injury, has only played 14 games in the past 2 years (730 days), has missed more games than hes played in his 5 year career, has multiple injuries to his legs\feet (as a 7fter) oh and makes 60m over the next 3 years

The way their team is setup right now, they have the 2nd best record in the NBA, and on pace for one of the best seasons of all time, they are getting Klay Back soon, and will get Wiseman, kuminga and moody going soon, and are now setup for a legit title run this year while having 3 guys under 22 to build around for the future.

i dont think isaac is untradeable or anything, i but i dont think we are using him to get 2 recent top draft picks, a 3rd 1st rounder and another player
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,606

Post#8 » by Skybox » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:09 am

If Isaac can get on the floor, he's better than the rest combined...if he can't he's the worst. It would be next to impossible to make a trade with him until he's shown he can play and it looks to be a while.

Right now (shudder) Bamba is the best player in that whole deal...

Right now, I'd do it because I'm that scared of Isaac's injury and that confident that Wiseman can't be THAT bad
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#9 » by basketballRob » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:17 am

OKC would probably trade SGA for that package from Golden State.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#10 » by Bensational » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:28 am

Hopefully Ross doesn’t completely tank his value. He would be top of the list of players moved for me. I’d also have decided by then if I’m keeping Bamba or not. Personally, I would. But I feel the sentiment in the wind is to move on.

Ross + Bamba could be a package that teams like GSW, CHA, NYK might be interested in. Bouknight + Zeller would probably make a few around here happy. Maybe we can get JT Thor, too?

Guys I’d be targeting are Tre Mann, Aleperen Sengun, Trey Murphy. Hoping their teams had soured on them for some strange reason, or they valued our guys more. I still believe in all 3 of those guys. Good fits for what we already have.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#11 » by Anti Chalmers » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:12 am

MasterGMer wrote:Trade season is coming up. Magic is one of the few teams who have a trade exception (17.2 TPE)

Would you do this trade?

Magic:
J Isaac
Mo Bamba

for

Golden State:
Moses Moody
James Wiseman
Kuminga
Damion Lee

I think Isaac is all but gone. He never played with this group and we are just doing fine.
I get it, he was a defensive Star. But how is he going to jell with this young group we have right now?

We can avoid hit our salary cap by sending away Bamba, who is coming to become RFA and got another Rookie Contract in Wiseman.

Moses Moody was someone I wanted at the draft. Dude can shoot and we need shooters from the bench

GSW rejects it right away because JI is not vaccinated.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,333

Post#12 » by tooler » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:54 am

This trade reads like a bad fan fiction where you get rid of some players you dislike and get back the draft picks you really wanted.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#13 » by JF5 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 5:24 am

My list of guys that will be potentially traded:

1. Bamba - The team going into next year will most likely load up on veteran players as they'll try to be more competitive. Wendell is the clear Starter and Issac's return pushes Bamba back to the bench. He's a real work in progress and he does have his moments. But I can't see this team investing more time into him given how similar he's looked to how he was the previous 3 seasons. He's good in spurts but not someone who has the endurance/stamina/drive to invest more that 10+ million dollars on. He'll most likely be moved for a late future 1st pick or 2nd round pick to a contending team, or a team that wants to take a chance on him.

2. Ross - He's already checked out and the team has been actively trying to move him to a better situation. He'll most likely be gone before the trade deadline expires.

3. Hampton - This might be shocking to a lot of people. But it seems like at this point RJ will most likely be gone by next off-season. But there is a possibility that he is traded a bit earlier. It seems like the team has already got their core rotation on hand, and RJ doesn't really have a much of a placement once they attempt to get other vets and another potential draft pick on the team by next year. Wouldn't be shocked if they decided to pull the trigger this soon.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#14 » by drsd » Fri Dec 3, 2021 9:47 am

Would you do this trade?

Magic:
J Isaac
Mo Bamba

for

Golden State:
Moses Moody
James Wiseman
Kuminga
Damion Lee

I love this trade for Orlando. It solidifies the bench for the next 3 years, and balances the roster.

It will never happen though.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#15 » by pepe1991 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 12:07 pm

Mo would never touch floor for any team that is trying to win games.
Maybe reforged bench for G league squad?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#16 » by drsd » Fri Dec 3, 2021 1:13 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:Golden State will not trade for Isaac. They're one of the teams that the city mandated the vaccine.

Would I do the trade though? 100% yes

Why does this remind me of the time Steph Curry claims man has not gone to the moon?

MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#17 » by MasterGMer » Mon Dec 6, 2021 9:05 pm

Would any of you trade for Ben Simmons or Damian Lillard, even if it means we could possibly trade away Cole or Suggs, or even Franz?

Lillard is on his way out of Portland. He is eligible for super max this upcoming offseason. But it is not going to happen. He is out. Portland is in the play in now. Even if they made playoff, it is 1st round exit for sure.

Ben Simmons trade is kind of interesting. Why didn't Morey already trade away Ben this season? Ben is never going to play another game for 76ers.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#18 » by Xatticus » Mon Dec 6, 2021 9:47 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Would any of you trade for Ben Simmons or Damian Lillard, even if it means we could possibly trade away Cole or Suggs, or even Franz?

Lillard is on his way out of Portland. He is eligible for super max this upcoming offseason. But it is not going to happen. He is out. Portland is in the play in now. Even if they made playoff, it is 1st round exit for sure.

Ben Simmons trade is kind of interesting. Why didn't Morey already trade away Ben this season? Ben is never going to play another game for 76ers.

For Lillard? No. He has been one of the most overrated players of this era and he is on the wrong side of his prime. He is a really good player, of course, but he has never been an elite player because he doesn't provide value at the defensive end. If trading for him doesn't immediately make you a contender, then what is the point?

I'd happily part with Cole for Simmons. I'd be far more reluctant to include Suggs or Wagner.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#19 » by MasterGMer » Mon Dec 6, 2021 9:51 pm

Xatticus wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Would any of you trade for Ben Simmons or Damian Lillard, even if it means we could possibly trade away Cole or Suggs, or even Franz?

For Lillard? No. He has been one of the most overrated players of this era and he is on the wrong side of his prime. He is a really good player, of course, but he has never been an elite player because he doesn't provide value at the defensive end. If trading for him doesn't immediately make you a contender, then what is the point?

I'd happily part with Cole for Simmons. I'd be far more reluctant to include Suggs or Wagner.

I thought Lillard was among the Top 75 player list for NBA 75 years?

If we make a trade for Ben Simmons, I do not think 76ers is going to take it. They want a super star in return for Ben and Orlando can not offer one but young players. Even though I want Ben. I say the chance is minimal. 76ers can find better packages.

With our Jam at PF and PG, I definitely see a trade happening this trade deadline or the upcoming off season
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#20 » by Anti Chalmers » Mon Dec 6, 2021 9:56 pm

Yes but I doubt they’ll be happy playing for a rebuilding team.

Return to Orlando Magic