ImageImageImageImage

When is Fultz returning?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

When is Fultz returning? 

Post#1 » by orthoman » Sun Dec 5, 2021 2:33 pm

Does anyone have any information on a time frame for his return? December/January/February?

Fultz was improving quite a bit and was fun to watch prior to his injury.

Thanks
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: When is Fultz returning? 

Post#2 » by Knightro » Sun Dec 5, 2021 3:02 pm

There's still no official timetable. That said, based on Weltman's remarks a several days ago it's probably going to be at some point this month.

He's practicing with Lakeland. I'm just assuming, but let's say he needs a good 2 or 3 weeks to get into conditioning and then he should be able to make his debut.

Isaac isn't practicing at all yet.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#3 » by UCF » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:41 pm

Given our record, there’s zero benefit to rushing his recovery. The remaining games year is in preparation for next season imo.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#4 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:20 pm

Knightro wrote:There's still no official timetable. That said, based on Weltman's remarks a several days ago it's probably going to be at some point this month.

That’s great to hear. I would be thrilled if we saw him in early January to be honest. We need him back, but there is no reason right now to rush it. Let his enjoy the holidays and grab a little extra time.

Knightro wrote:Isaac isn't practicing at all yet.

As an FSU alumni, someone who followed his HS recruiting, his college success, laughed off the early doubters of his ability and has been a big supporter of what he COULD eventually be for us …

I am pretty much planning out scenarios for our rebuild that do not include Isaac at all. It’s not personal or even on purpose. He just doesn’t come to mind for me anymore. Sad.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 650

Post#5 » by RichCollab » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:11 pm

Maybe next year for Isaac.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#6 » by drsd » Mon Dec 6, 2021 8:59 am

Fultz had been proposed to return after the All-Star week. But now there is Scuttlebutt that he could return in mid-January.

It does feel-like the Magic intend to link the return of Fultz to Isaac, but I see no reason for that per se.

Orlando's brutal schedule thins up from the second week of January. There is no reason to change the starting lineup until 9 January at the earliest.

Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#7 » by Flannerz » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:51 pm

It doesn't say about a return but here's an interview with him about the shoulder injury he had:

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/markelle-fultz-reveals-what-really-happened-with-his-shot-shoulder
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#8 » by Def Swami » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#9 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:34 am

"Fultz participated fully in the session, taking part in five-on-five scrimmages, three-on-three action, and shooting drills."

If he's doing all of this, I think it's safe to assume all that's left is getting into NBA conditioning.

I'd bet he suits up before Christmas.
ReadyOrlando
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#10 » by ReadyOrlando » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Knightro wrote:"Fultz participated fully in the session, taking part in five-on-five scrimmages, three-on-three action, and shooting drills."

If he's doing all of this, I think it's safe to assume all that's left is getting into NBA conditioning.

Maybe for the Lakers game tomorrow.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#11 » by basketballRob » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:06 pm

ReadyOrlando wrote:
Knightro wrote:"Fultz participated fully in the session, taking part in five-on-five scrimmages, three-on-three action, and shooting drills."

Maybe for the Lakers game tomorrow.
We have 2 days off and probably another practice after the Lakers game, so my guess is they'll get another practice in first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#12 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:23 pm

I don't think he'll play this week, but give him another 10-14 days to get into conditioning and I'd expect him playing right before Christmas.

12/23 at home against the Pelicans is my guess.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#13 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:42 pm

RichCollab
Starter
And1: 650

Post#14 » by RichCollab » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Fultz is definitely a leader. His composure and genuine desire for others to be successful.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#15 » by Max Power » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:54 pm

I’m definitely excited to see Markelle back soon. I’ve made no bones about my feelings on Anthony. He’s a stat hunter. Markelle can be a leader and makes winning plays. Don’t take it as a shot at Anthony. His game is perfect for the Terance Ross style gunner off the bench. I truly believe a healthy Fultz is the best player this team has.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#16 » by zaymon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Max Power wrote:I’m definitely excited to see Markelle back soon. I’ve made no bones about my feelings on Anthony. He’s a stat hunter. Markelle can be a leader and makes winning plays. Don’t take it as a shot at Anthony. His game is perfect for the Terance Ross style gunner off the bench. I truly believe a healthy Fultz is the best player this team has.

What did he ever accomplished to earn that high praise ? He was average at best before injury.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#17 » by T-Cat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:04 pm

RichCollab wrote:Fultz is definitely a leader. His composure and genuine desire for others to be successful.

Will his return hurt our lottery chances? :o

Read on Twitter
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#18 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 am

T-Cat wrote:
RichCollab wrote:Fultz is definitely a leader. His composure and genuine desire for others to be successful.

Read on Twitter
He changed his hairstyle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#19 » by Xatticus » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:06 am

T-Cat wrote:

Read on Twitter

We should definitely improve when he comes back. We have been desperate for another ball handler. That said, with the worst net differential in the league, we have some cushion to work with regarding our lottery chances.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#20 » by thelead » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 am

T-Cat wrote:

Read on Twitter

I still think Fultz has the most ‘superstar’ potential but I’ve heard teammates and coaches say similar things every year… I’m not going to hold my breath until we see an efficient, quick-release 3 point jumper. If we see that, draft be damned (especially this year’s draft).

Return to Orlando Magic