Nómades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES TimberTrolls a.C. 

Post#61 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 pm

Aiyä!

I hope all of you and your families are healthy and safe.

The other two ex-Ricky Rubio teams (aka the Rubidows -Rubio's Widows-) have been doing their fair share of trolling.

Everything is OK here so far?

Nobody got caught under a desk with an assistant?
Nobody is about to sell the franchise?
Nobody is facing accusations of racism and sexism?

Yet?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES CLECAUS. 

Post#62 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:11 pm

I've seen a bunch of your games, including the last against Clecaus.

Considering the span of time since RRubio times you did a lot of a tactical revolution.

You still care defense and ball movement but you went less focused into 'change good shots for great shots' and your defense is less similar to a zone in disguise.

No more 2-Bigs lineups, less drives to the rim, less calls for Stumps down low, less p'n'r, more p'n'p, defense locking the shooters out instead of funnel them to Gobert's arms...
...and shooting threes as if tomorrow never comes.Image

It's working so far: You're playing fine and most probably will display another successful RS.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES TimberTrolls a.C. 

Post#63 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 11:55 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Aiyä!

I hope all of you and your families are healthy and safe.

The other two ex-Ricky Rubio teams (aka the Rubidows -Rubio's Widows-) have been doing their fair share of trolling.

Everything is OK here so far?

Nobody got caught under a desk with an assistant?
Nobody is about to sell the franchise?
Nobody is facing accusations of racism and sexism?

Yet?

Notwithstanding the team is winning a lot of games, we've lost posters and fans, with a lot of people feeling the Jazz don't have enough to get by the second round of the playoffs. Also, there are fewer ways for locals to watch the games this season. NBA League Pass gives Utahns zero Jazz games; Satellite TV no longer has the Jazz games and most of the old unauthorized hack/streams don't work. Meanwhile, BYU and Utah football, along with RSL soccer, has been earning a lot of local sports attention.

I'm a diehard fan who feels anything can happen, but I am somewhat disappointed we don't have any energetic young players getting minutes besides star DM. Paschall started out the season getting minutes, but he was benched when Rudy Gay came back from injury. Trent Forrest had a couple of games with over ten minutes of action recently, but then he had two quick tovs in last Friday's game against Boston followed by a DNP in the Cleveland game.

Nonetheless, the Jazz still have the top ranked offense in the NBA and 11th ranked defense with opportunity to improve. Go Jazz!
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#64 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Dec 7, 2021 12:39 pm

I indeed noticed there are less active users.

But I wouldn't say it's a Utah thing... most of Forums seems to be on a similar mood.

At Spanish Forum it's happening either. We even went down two or three days and we have been advised to copy the old posts and threads because we risk they get lost forever.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,059

Post#65 » by FJS » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:13 pm

I don’t get how league pass works in usa. How utahns can’t get jazz games? There’s 19000 seats in the arena.. are you telling me they are gonna miss attendance due to lp?
Utah is a pretty big state. Some people is miles away… how they can’t get it?
I can watch every single nba game from spain. I am from Barcelona and I can watch every single game from fc Barcelona.
This is simply a bad strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#66 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:41 pm

FJS wrote:I don’t get how league pass works in usa. How utahns can’t get jazz games? There’s 19000 seats in the arena.. are you telling me they are gonna miss attendance due to lp?
Utah is a pretty big state. Some people is miles away… how they can’t get it?
I can watch every single nba game from spain. I am from Barcelona and I can watch every single game from fc Barcelona.
This is simply a bad strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I am not certain how big the Utah Jazz League Pass blackout territory is, but I think I read some posters from Idaho complaining about being blacked out on LP as well, so I think the blackout territory is pretty big. The LP blackouts include both home and away Jazz games. ForeverRDJazz, who paid for LP and then got zero Jazz games, posted that he heard that this was a decision by the Jazz owner and not NBA LP. Seems like a crazy decision that is bound to lose fans and fail to create new ones.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Post#67 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 9, 2021 4:23 pm

League Pass blackouts happen because local TV networks have deals to broadcast the local teams, so I guess there's some exclusivity component involved. I get the idea, but it's still stupid that a Jazz fan (or any fan in any state) buys League Pass to watch games but is unable to watch the games that matters to them the most.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#68 » by FJS » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:04 pm

Still, proxy exists.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 417

Post#69 » by TNJazz » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:03 pm

The blackout games have been an issue that I don't get at all. I live near Nashville, TN so all games from both Atlanta (4 hour drive), and Memphis (4 hour drive) are blacked out even when they play in Utah. My question is how do they expect to build or support a continued fan base for these areas if they black out the games on LP? frustrating! I also cut the cable a few years ago and this is truly about the only thing I want to watch that I can't get on the local station as the local broadcasts for these two teams isn't available unless you subscribe to cable. The only saving grace is that its only 4 games I can't see, it would be a crime to not be able to see any. I don't understand the rationale.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#70 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:10 pm

I live in Utah but 4 hours away from where the Jazz play and I purchased the NBA league pass and get zero jazz games. In the past I'd try to get up north and watch at least one game a year. I won't even try that this year because I'm block from watching them I'm not driving up this year to waste more money. I'll be saving to pay for League pass that doesn't cover ANY Frigging Jazz games!
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#71 » by FJS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:57 pm

I had some black out when movistar (spanish tv) did not have a deal with lp. I used proxys from another country and I could get my games.
I think maybe it will help, but this is ridicolous.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:50 pm

Shame we won't have RR I against you.
We got RR II but of course it's just not the same.

Could work to keep us as a dangerous underdog 'til post season tho.

Getting Rudy Gay out and Ol' Man Aussie questionable is certainly not ideal.
Getting Rudy Stumps out (tho I guessed he could play nobody confirmed it) is obviously disaster.

Whoever plays, will be a tough game and CLECaus will need to display a high-level attitude or else you'll win.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. How many teams we'll be bandwagoning? 

Post#73 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Feb 8, 2022 12:40 am

Here we go again... now Indiana.

I might start a Nomadic thread at each one of NBA teams Forums.

Just in case.

Congrats for your resilience in absence of Stumps and/or Spida.
Sad about Ol'Man Aussie,

Since Ricky and Ingles are great friends, they could make ACL rehab together...

Read on Twitter
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Post#74 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 8, 2022 12:38 pm

Sucks that Rubio got injured, he was having great success and was very important to the Cavs.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Feb 8, 2022 1:17 pm

Story of our lives.

At times I wonder why can't we root for a less emotionally exhausting to follow guy (let's say Giannis or Luka).
We probably did some bad stuff in a past life so we were punished to be re-incarnated into RRubio fanboys.

Well... at least we're knowing lot of places.
I guess Luke Ridnour fans got it worst.

Changing subject, I was surprised by that Udoka guy of yours (not the BOS one... I mean that sturdy and yet agile giant you got).
He was not in my radar at all and I can see he's modestly impressive.

And I'm curious about how DannyTroll (arguably the Most Trollish GM Ever) is behaving here so far... I only knew he was drowning all NBA fake insiders into a tsunami of baseless rumours about Smartacus in exchange of half your roster but that's it.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Feb 9, 2022 10:05 pm

They played together at FC Barcelona
They played together at Utah Jazz.
They torn their ACLs
Their expiring have been traded.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. Ghost CLECaus/Indianos. Jugancho Hollywood Star!? 

Post#77 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:47 pm

So you got The New Hollywood Star?

Read on Twitter

I knew he was invited to new Adam Sandler's movie.
But I thought it was kinda cameo.

Looking the trailer, he looks the starring rol.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Mar 2, 2022 1:40 pm

Watched replayed games against DALukita and Black Troll Suns.

Nice.

Still a strongly 3p-oriented team (arguably the most from the entire League) but now a bit more balanced with plays in the paint.
Sutmps' stumps are even looking smoother than usual.
Whiteside had some modest overall growth unforeseeable at his age but Centers goes often for a slower growing process than other creatures... happens the same with Ents.
Image.
JaVale never truly understood the difference between protecting the rim and guarding the paint 'til close his 30s, for instance.

Royce looks slightly less unproductive on attack than last time I checked, Bojan has been discreet but disciplined and Spida is just Spida so say no more.
House is being pretty useful... more humble current contributions by McOnly and Forrest no Gump.

Gay looked better as Small-ball Center than he looks now at 4 but he does the trick.
He got Paschall out from rotation, apparently... I guess Sociopath Eyes will get them in or out depending on the opponents.

Jugancholliwood Star 0 total minutes I guess.

0/0 at shooting makes for an impressive 100%.
0/0 from 3p is an even more astounding 100%.
Guy cannot miss a shot.

0 rebounds and 0 assists look bad tho; that's probably due to him yet trying to understand UTA systems.
Sure he will get better on that.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#79 » by babyjax13 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:46 am

At least Juancho is pretty but it's disappointing considering how promising that first little bit in Denver was before he got mono.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#80 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:05 pm

Íñigo Montoya is Trending Topic at Spanish Twitter.

Thousands of people are twitting the famous sentence: Hello. My name is Íñigo Montoya. You killed my father, etc.

A relatively modest account twitted something about The Princess Bride and just randomly, that apparently unleashed some collective nostalgia between Spanish cinema fans.

My favorite one is from a girl who posted:

Guide to overcome Social Anxiety
When you wanna establish contact with someone follow these steps:
-Greet: Hello
-Present yourself: My name is Íñigo Montoya
-Express what links you to the other person: You killed my father
-Show honestly your intentions: Prepare to die

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the post-season stuff... well, it was sorta expectable.

I wrote an article months ago at a BBall Spanish webpage: Utah Jazz: The Events Horizon
The official version they sell is: We are good, Spida and Stumps are at the same page, Quin has the locker-room control and this time our PO run won't be short.

Inside FO, they know perfectly well there's not much more they can do.
Players are doing their best with the available staff and coaches tried everything to boost the whole thing, even totally twisting team's tactical approach.

But it's just what it is. There simply isn't more room to grow.

Even if they can get some success on these PO (unlikely but not impossible), franchise needs to make some tough decisions because there isn't foreseeable improvement anymore.

Utah Jazz has reached The Events Horizon with this roster structure.

It was good while it lasted but this is the end.
What I don't know is who's supposed to take control from now on.

If it's DannyTroll Ainge, it will be fun.

I'm not saying it will be necessarily successful but sure it will be fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addendum: I watched that Youtube interview with DannyTroll about the search for a new coach. So he's indeed the one in charge right now.

Some educated guesses about he said (or better, about he didn't say):

-Quin and Danny weren't at the same page.
So Gobert won't be the franchise guy anymore. Let's see if he can accept a more minor role or leaves.

-Spida stays.
So you aren't going to tank (sorry, suckingatcourt fanboys).

-Danny has something yet made on his mind about future players to trade or draft.
So expect some undersized wide-ass Bigs and some weird sturdy combos.

Return to Utah Jazz