ImageImage

Trade idea from a Wolves fan

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,330

Trade idea from a Wolves fan 

Post#1 » by winforlose » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:17 am

People on my board didn’t seem to like it, but I want an outside opinion as well.

Wolves send Malik Beasley, Taureen Prince, 2022 lottery protected first, and 2024 lottery protected first.

Houston sends Christian Wood, Daniel Theis, and 2022 second round pick (does not need to be their own.)

Thoughts?

Edit: just checked and it turns out you guys don’t have a 2022 second or any second until 2024. Let’s substitute that instead of 2022 pick.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Trade idea from a Wolves fan 

Post#2 » by K_chile22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:29 am

Lotto protected is too protected but as I said in that board, wood at the four has looked awful. He's a five and so is Kat so not sure it's a good target for the wolves anyways

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app
winforlose
General Manager

Post#3 » by winforlose » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:20 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Lotto protected is too protected but as I said in that board, wood at the four has looked awful. He's a five and so is Kat so not sure it's a good target for the wolves anyways

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app

KAT is a 4, and our biggest weakness (it has cost us about 6-7 of our 10 losses,) is when PFs guard KAT and let the C roam. We need a legit C who can space the floor and rebound well (especially on defense,) to make up the difference. Also, you can probably flip Beasley for another first and who knows the value you can get for Prince if you start him and rehab him. Maybe you keep him if he recovers his talent from last year or you send him and his bird rights out for a 2nd or role player. Worst case scenario is Prince is an expiring and Beasley is a either solid 6th man or gets you 3 firsts for Wood and Theis.

Edit to add: with a lineup of Dlo, Ant, Vanderbilt, KAT and Wood the pick is unlikely to end up in the top 10 regardless of protections. But a mid to late first this year and in 2024 plus whatever you get for Beasley and Prince still speeds up your rebuild and gives you ammo for other trades.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#4 » by winforlose » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:07 pm

So different question, and I warn you it won’t make sense by itself. But in theory would trade Wood and Theis for Domantas Sabonis and Jeremy Lamb? This is one leg of a bigger trade idea I had.

Return to Houston Rockets