Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Re: GT #26 Bulls @ Cavaliers, 8 December 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:35 am

Vuc went to the K. Love school of defense aka yell out to your teammates to guard the player who is your responsibility.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#3 » by SaiCLE » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:26 am

Another team that got humbled by Clevelands elite defense & size lol
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:06 am

Mobley and Lauri are starting to figure it out offensively and that should be the Cavs biggest priority this season. Getting those guys to the point where the can exploit their size advantage, not only during the first three quarters, but crunch time as well, is critical to raising this team's ceiling long term. The Cavs are very fortunate to have a PG rotation of Garland and Rubio. As there's no guarantee that Rubio will be back after this season, they need to exploit it while they have it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:30 am

jbk1234 wrote:Mobley and Lauri are starting to figure it out offensively and that should be the Cavs biggest priority this season. Getting those guys to the point where the can exploit their size advantage, not only during the first three quarters, but crunch time as well, is critical to raising this team's ceiling long term. The Cavs are very fortunate to have a PG rotation of Garland and Rubio. As there's no guarantee that Rubio will be back after this season, they need to exploit it while they have it.

Considering Rubio has mentioned numerous times he's tired of moving around, if the Cavs offered him a reasonable contract with a no-trade clause so he wouldn't have to worry about getting traded mid-way through the season again he'd happily accept it. Plus with the Cavs lacking cap space barring any moves next offseason and the foreseeable future they might as well use his bird rights to keep him.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:22 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Mobley and Lauri are starting to figure it out offensively and that should be the Cavs biggest priority this season. Getting those guys to the point where the can exploit their size advantage, not only during the first three quarters, but crunch time as well, is critical to raising this team's ceiling long term. The Cavs are very fortunate to have a PG rotation of Garland and Rubio. As there's no guarantee that Rubio will be back after this season, they need to exploit it while they have it.

Considering Rubio has mentioned numerous times he's tired of moving around, if the Cavs offered him a reasonable contract with a no-trade clause so he wouldn't have to worry about getting traded mid-way through the season again he'd happily accept it. Plus with the Cavs lacking cap space barring any moves next offseason and the foreseeable future they might as well use his bird rights to keep him.

I'm 100% in on extending Rubio. I don't think no- trade clauses are permitted under the CBA, but you could have a trade kicker.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#7 » by FranchisePlayer » Thu Dec 9, 2021 9:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I'm 100% in on extending Rubio. I don't think no- trade clauses are permitted under the CBA, but you could have a trade kicker.

To me extending him is a nobrainer at this point. I guess it comes down to for how much. I'd pay a lot but what's the ceiling.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#8 » by Revenged25 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:11 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

yeah just looked it up, it requires 4 years with a team to be eligible for it.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,655

Post#9 » by toooskies » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:41 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

To me extending him is a nobrainer at this point. I guess it comes down to for how much. I'd pay a lot but what's the ceiling.

He'd need to take a pay cut. $17m is hard to pay a backup PG and I don't like him as the crunch-time SG right now.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:52 pm

toooskies wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

He'd need to take a pay cut. $17m is hard to pay a backup PG and I don't like him as the crunch-time SG right now.

That's about where I'm at. I'll pay him more than the MLE, but not a lot more. Hopefully, he likes it enough here that he's will to sign for a number around there.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#11 » by FranchisePlayer » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:04 pm

toooskies wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Maybe not as a crunch-time SG but he makes this team play such a much mature way. They've got to find a way to extend him.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#12 » by Revenged25 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:15 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:

That's about where I'm at. I'll pay him more than the MLE, but not a lot more. Hopefully, he likes it enough here that he's will to sign for a number around there.

I was thinking 3/36-45 would be his range which although probably more than you'd like to have to pay him, what he brings with his veteran presence and will bring as primary back-up PG once Garland is on the bench is huge to keep the team from just stagnating for extended periods of time.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,655

Post#13 » by toooskies » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:44 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:He'd need to take a pay cut. $17m is hard to pay a backup PG and I don't like him as the crunch-time SG right now.

I was thinking 3/36-45 would be his range which although probably more than you'd like to have to pay him, what he brings with his veteran presence and will bring as primary back-up PG once Garland is on the bench is huge to keep the team from just stagnating for extended periods of time.

I could see either the low end of that with full guarantees or mid-to-high end with only partially guaranteed money in the last year.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers