Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#121 » by Slava » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:13 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:Damn seeing Henry Ruggs died in a crash crash all over twitter.

Looks like he killed someone in a DUI. An utter travesty!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#122 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:39 pm

Yeah, to be clear, he's not dead, he's in jail... The lady he hit is dead.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#123 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:44 pm

He was driving 127 mph when the airbags deployed, blood alcohol level was .161 which is more than twice the legal limit, and had a loaded gun in this car. Also the victim was only 23 years old. He better not get a slap on the wrist like Stallworth.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by Slava » Thu Nov 4, 2021 9:18 pm

Yeah, considering how quickly the Raiders washed their hands off of him, he is likely to do time. It is such a bad decision even if it is a first time offence and in this day and age where you can get an Uber 24/7, my mind boggles why anyone could be so stupid.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#125 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:47 pm

The Travis Scott/Drake Concert tragedy just keeps getting weirder/scarier....
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by Slava » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:39 pm

Travis Scott always came across as a slime ball, so nothing about him surprise me. I don't even think he has a genuine remorse for his actions, in his hometown nonetheless.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#127 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:14 pm

Eyewitnesses saying way more died than they're saying... Video of him watching and 'singing' (synthasized groaning) as they passed unconscious people over the barriers... The crowd begging him to stop the show because of all the injured people, but he plays on for 30 mins... Them playing weird nonrhythmic, "frequencies" all day leading up to the show...
There's a whole group of fans that think it was a ritual sacrifice...
I've been into music a long time... I remember when heavy metal was satanic... And trampling and stuff happened at concerts over the years... People have died, but the imagery coming out of this one is different... Shows a performer who seems fully aware of what's going on, doesn't care and in fact seems to be enjoying the spectacle...

Like what Jim Morrison talked about doing but never actually did... Dionysism... Although, I figure Jim was thinking more about getting loaded and having an orgy, rather than watching one of his crowds trample people to death...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#128 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:55 am

yeah that's some ugly ****. My buddy in tame impala gave me tickets at the hollywood bowl and i was a little freaked out by that many people at a sold out show, while still being about to buy tickets to GWAR and having been in the serious crush of people, but people who used to always see someone in need of aid and come to their rescue in the middle of a metal pit.

Travis is a POS if he kept playing while knowing and having the mic to sort things out, but also every person who isn't down to make a stand and get it right is too.

Read on Twitter

And just because GWAR actually almost had Grohl in the band and it's funny even if he is likely a great guy (especially compared to scott):

https://youtu.be/50tkoZSBIRs
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#129 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:19 am

Slava wrote:Got COVID a week ago, no serious symptoms other than a mild fever that lasted a day, some tiredness, cough that went away on day 5. However, still in isolation, so I thought I might as well make the most of it and ordered some craft beer and video games. Just last night I lost sense of smell and taste. Now I can't even taste my coffee. FML.

Did your smell and taste sense return?
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#130 » by ROballer » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:34 am

floppymoose wrote:
Slava wrote:Got COVID a week ago, no serious symptoms other than a mild fever that lasted a day, some tiredness, cough that went away on day 5. However, still in isolation, so I thought I might as well make the most of it and ordered some craft beer and video games. Just last night I lost sense of smell and taste. Now I can't even taste my coffee. FML.

Had Covid in Oct 20', pretty much some pain around the sinuses that went away after a couple of days.

That and the smell/taste stuff. For me it was pretty bad, I regained my smell back after a month and the taste just gradually, I still couldn't feel some tastes 2-3 months after.

And one year away, I still can't eat certain ingredients. Garlic tastes like **** now for example, I literally can't eat anything with garlic on it.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by Slava » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:23 pm

floppymoose wrote:

Yes, it took six weeks but its almost all there now.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#132 » by chefy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Pau's documentary on Amazon Prime is pretty good.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#133 » by DoctaJ » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 pm

So it's been sometime but I may just start being somewhat active on here again with me finally be done school for good (for now probably haha) in two weeks.

Side note: we had twin girls at the end of June so the last little while has been a wild ride, haha.

How you all doing?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#134 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Congrats man. I had a daughter seven months ago, it has been a wild ride ever since but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. You're gonna love fatherhood.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#135 » by Kilroy » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:27 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:Congrats man. I had a daughter seven months ago, it has been a wild ride ever since but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. You're gonna love fatherhood.

It's all fun and games until they turn 11 and you got a tween Girl on your hands... Then it's probably best to take a job in a war zone, where you can get some peace...

My oldest is 20, and youngest is 13... I love them both... But, yeah... Congrats.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#136 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Dec 2, 2021 3:51 pm

I'll be in LA on Friday and will probably catch the Lakers/Clippers game. Anyone else going?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#137 » by Kilroy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Metaphysical question... Can anyone with a Lamborghini SUV, ever win a race? I'm thinking no matter what, they're still losers.

I had one 'race' me in my 2003 Suburban, beach camper... Yes he passed me, and cut me off... But it had been a long while since I laughed that hard.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#138 » by hermes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:20 pm

i didn't know lamborghini made suvs
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#139 » by politm » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:31 am

hermes wrote:i didn't know lamborghini made suvs

The model it's called Urus and they started making it sometimes around 2018. There aren't many out there, only like 15,000.

For what is worth it I haven't seen one live and only heard about it a few months ago, but I do live in a much smaller and poorer country than USA.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#140 » by DoctaJ » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:33 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:Congrats man. I had a daughter seven months ago, it has been a wild ride ever since but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. You're gonna love fatherhood.

Haha yeah I feel that. Congrats to you, too!

Kilroy wrote:

It's all fun and games until they turn 11 and you got a tween Girl on your hands... Then it's probably best to take a job in a war zone, where you can get some peace...

My oldest is 20, and youngest is 13... I love them both... But, yeah... Congrats.

Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty awesome but can't say I'm not a tad worried about the future, haha.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers