Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,042

Re: Game 31 vs Detroit 7pm 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Real defining point here for the Pacers. A loss, of pretty much any kind, and it'll be hard to not see this thing devolve into a massive overhaul.

Even then, a win doesn't necessarily prove anything either. But, it'll at least quiet things down a bit?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,048

Post#3 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:57 pm

I'm going to watch the football game and hope the Chiefs can win and help the Colts out. I suppose I'll switch to the Pacers during commercials but I don't want to watch a replay of last night.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#5 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

So Wanamaker ruining the point tonight. ? I meant running :lol: or did I ?
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 931

Post#6 » by Tom White » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:So Wanamaker ruining the point tonight. ? I meant running :lol: or did I ?

Well...how are the Mad Ants stocked at point guard?

Wouldn't it be funny if the Pacers had to sign Lance Stephenson because they were out of other options?
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Tom White » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

To (sort of) steal a line from a movie - So you're saying we have a chance?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:48 pm

Would be hilarious Tom. However the Pacers will probably let him get signed elsewhere like Isiah Thomas did to the Lakers. No telling how good he is but I saw Thomas was tearing up a tournament this summer trying to get recognized by the NBA. Scored 42 I think the debut in G league.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#9 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:03 am

We have Washington on 2way. Bet they play LeVert ahead of him at point though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Wizop
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:34 am

Bad start but we picked it up.

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:36 am

Wizop wrote:We have Washington on 2way. Bet they play LeVert ahead of him at point though.

Washington is a SG in the body of a PG. He’s not really a PG.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#12 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:18 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:We have Washington on 2way. Bet they play LeVert ahead of him at point though.

Don't disagree but haven't they been playing him at point?

Looks like it wouldn't take much to get CoJo from Detroit.

Wizop
RealGM

Post#13 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:55 am

Watched more of the game than I expected to. Hard to think players want out given their facial expressions.

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:19 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

We haven't been playing him at all. In the preseason and in the G-League, he plays next to Keifer Sykes, whom they play as the PG.

I'd want to be paid to take his 2 year deal on. And I still don't want him back. I still can't believe Detroit paid him $2.4m as a buyout, and then gave him $10m more in new guaranteed money for 2 years. And they're not playing him.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#15 » by Mogolo » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:21 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

We haven't been playing him at all. In the preseason and in the G-League, he plays next to Keifer Sykes, whom they play as the PG.

I'd want to be paid to take his 2 year deal on. And I still don't want him back. I still can't believe Detroit paid him $2.4m as a buyout, and then gave him $10m more in new guaranteed money for 2 years. And they're not playing him.

Cojo is Caseys boy .. it's the only reason he is here.. He has been playing and playing way to much... just these last 2 games he has sat out, to get Saben Lee some playing time..... oh and yall can have him for a 3rd round pick
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Mogolo wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:Don't disagree but haven't they been playing him at point?

Cojo is Caseys boy .. it's the only reason he is here.. He has been playing and playing way to much... just these last 2 games he has sat out, to get Saben Lee some playing time..... oh and yall can have him for a 3rd round pick

Oh, you’ll give us a 3rd overall pick to take him on? I guess :dontknow:

:lol:

But we’ve already been privy to the CoJo experience. No thanks to a return.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#17 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:47 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:they're not playing [CoJo].

He played and played well in the game Detroit beat us. but two years is a year too much even if he'd be a good TJ replacement this year.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Tom White » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:59 pm

I understand this was vs. possibly the worst team in the league, but just catching highlights and stats is it possible that LeVert plays much better when he is not matched with Brogdon? Putting him more in control on the floor? Again, this was vs. a really bad team, but it looked like everyone moved better and was more involved last night?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#19 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Tom White wrote:I understand this was vs. possibly the worst team in the league, but just catching highlights and stats is it possible that LeVert plays much better when he is not matched with Brogdon? Putting him more in control on the floor? Again, this was vs. a really bad team, but it looked like everyone moved better and was more involved last night?

Great question possibly pointing out who does fit with Brogdon running point.

We skip over the fact that the Bucks parted with Brogdon and his great stats for a reason. Was it because Brogdon’s skill set was more suited to shooting guard than point guard? Was it because they saw that there was a lack of chemistry? Was it because of the salary he was going to eat up? Was it because the Pacers overpaid? Or was it to build a better team around Giannis and Middleton? Freeing up the space led to the acquisition of Jru Holiday which made a 3 star lineup that worked much better than the 3 star lineup that included Brogdon and brought them a championship.

So while I don’t think that LeVert is the answer going forward I do think you’re on to something here Tom.

LeVert is a scoring threat best suited as scoring guard who can get his own shot. Sometimes very good shots and sometimes forced into tough shots due to his dribbling moves trying to get open. He’s not a 3 point threat like say McDermott. I think ultimately he’d fit better with a different team and look great being a 3rd option. I don’t like his fit with Brogdon. I think LeVert fits best with Turner.

Currently (unable to trade) Brogdon imho is not a good fit with this team structure. I think he’s a talented scorer. I think he’s a shooting guard. Ok rebounder and at times can defend. I think he’ll be good for a different team.

I look at Sabonis and I see such talent rebounding, passing, and put back rim scoring. Defense is lacking. To build a team around him you need active cutters like McConnell, Brissett, Sumner, and McDermott. You also need a solid big defender who can help underneath. Brogdon can fit with him but as a shooting guard not a point guard facilitating.

I look at Turner and I see a rim protector, improved rebounder, raw offensive moves other than a 3 set shot. Awkward at times due to his build. Could you have a cutting style offense with him NO. Brogdon fits better with him because he doesn’t have to include Turner in offense rather can let Turner crash the board after his shots or drives.

Duarte great draft pick but at the unfortunate cost of roster duplication currently which hopefully the Pacers will move other shooting guards to alleviate the logjam and payroll. Pure shot when open, sweet fade away motion that’ll be money once he develops more strength and stamina, so talented and so raw, hustles, can see a killer mentality, he sees steal opportunities, rebounds by instinct. I think he fits best with Sabonis.

Warren is the huge unknown but if healthy I see the team retaining him on a team friendly contract to pair with either Sabonis or Turner rebuild. I think they value his potential development into a star if healthy.

Going forward I see Brissett, Martin, McConnell, and Jackson staying and my hope is that they can get Doug McDermott and Sumner back as roll players if Pacers build around Sabonis. I think Justin Holiday could stay or go. Goodbye Goga experiment, Lamb, Brogdon, LeVert, Wanamaker, and Craig.

To say Turner and Sabonis are not the problem here is partly correct due to roster construction duplication and injuries. To keep both, trade one, or trade both can work but of the three options I prefer to build around Sabonis. Personally, I just like that cutting and movement offense with Domas. I think Myles is such a talented player and hate to lose him such is life.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#20 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:46 pm

I hope we'll see Warren in January. I assume he'll begin on the second unit on a pitch count. I think that ends the need for Duarte to get significant minutes at 3. The trade deadline is February 10. Will Warren be fully healthy in time for us to evaluate his impact?

Return to Indiana Pacers