GT #30 Rockets @ Cavaliers, 15 December 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Re: GT #30 Rockets @ Cavaliers, 15 December 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:30 am

At least some of the starters are getting a breather. This isn’t fun to watch either.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#3 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:45 am

It's something when you keep focused and intense in front of one of those teams that plays 48 garbage-time minutes expecting to evolve younglings based on that (probably the most anti-bball idea ever displayed).

CLE used to be one of those teams... the non-evolution form Sextonto and Garlandas during all that time in comparison with the rampaging evolution Darius had in a few months (let alone Moble) should make tanking fanboys GMs to think again but I know they will never do it... they are too lazy.

I'll have enough if nobody asks for that sh*t again on RR watch.

We used to be Houston.
Not anymore.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:00 am

Garland was averaging 20 & 7 in April before he got hurt ... its just harder to see the progress through the stench of losing.

Evan is special, but for most 19yr olds there's little choice but to invest years to get them to the point they're ready to contribute to winning in anything more than a limited bench role.

Garland in a much better place to learn the nuances of running an offense now that he's got the physical tools to impose his will on a game.

Hard to say what would have worked for Sexton, he had a natural level of tunnel vision in how he sees and prepares for the game. He might have learned more from an experienced and successful scorer than a PG like Ricky.
Bullstuff
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#5 » by Bullstuff » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:35 am

A win is a win, but the game itself was actually the most boring one this season.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:06 am

Bullstuff wrote:A win is a win, but the game itself was actually the most boring one this season.

Yet we got a chance to see the deep bench and once again the guys stayed focused enough and took care of business.

They may lack big game experience, but they're not making all the typical young team mistakes and they're doing it as a group without needing a closer to lean on.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#8 » by SaiCLE » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Seems like fans of other teams are trying to downplay the success. Knowing we dealt with injuries and Covid with a brutal schedule to start.

Let’s keep winning
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#9 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:38 pm

SaiCLE wrote:Seems like fans of other teams are trying to downplay the success. Knowing we dealt with injuries and Covid with a brutal schedule to start.

Let’s keep winning

Good. Though I’m tepid myself because other teams have dealt with COVID and injuries as well, and I am highly dubious of the short bench that’s been played.

I get it from a development standpoint. Example: Okoro out there without Vets hinders instead of helps development, so you keep them in for systemic stability and all; but, Love, Markkenan, Rubio, Osman aren’t exactly pinnacles of health.

If the Cavs ran a 10 man rotation, I’d be much more comfortable. But they don’t have a swing 2-guard or a backup combo forward, so it is what it is…

JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:47 pm

SaiCLE wrote:Seems like fans of other teams are trying to downplay the success. Knowing we dealt with injuries and Covid with a brutal schedule to start.

Let’s keep winning

Our success is a huge surprise, the trick is sustaining it as the league starts to pay attention to us. For instance, Sploestra tried to figure us out and came up short; but was missing major pieces.

When we had LeBron the question was whether any team in the East had the defensive ability to stop him from getting to the rim or feeding a shooter. This is similar. We have far less data, but we've been competitive against top teams and we're getting better.
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#11 » by Jorgeglez7 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:09 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

Let’s keep winning

Our success is a huge surprise, the trick is sustaining it as the league starts to pay attention to us. For instance, Sploestra tried to figure us out and came up short; but was missing major pieces.

When we had LeBron the question was whether any team in the East had the defensive ability to stop him from getting to the rim or feeding a shooter. This is similar. We have far less data, but we've been competitive against top teams and we're getting better.

This upcoming back to back against the Bucks and the Hawks is gonna be brutal. I'm really looking forward to put Mobley on Antetokoumpo. I have the feeling that those games are going to decide whether we stay as a good team or we fall down.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,603

Post#12 » by toooskies » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:31 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:

Let’s keep winning

Good. Though I’m tepid myself because other teams have dealt with COVID and injuries as well, and I am highly dubious of the short bench that’s been played.

I get it from a development standpoint. Example: Okoro out there without Vets hinders instead of helps development, so you keep them in for systemic stability and all; but, Love, Markkenan, Rubio, Osman aren’t exactly pinnacles of health.

If the Cavs ran a 10 man rotation, I’d be much more comfortable. But they don’t have a swing 2-guard or a backup combo forward, so it is what it is…

Dean Wade seems to seamlessly go from bench to starter when Markkanen and Mobley have been injured, he's very much a combo forward in our tall-ball lineups.

Same with Lamar who comes in with energy when given a chance but I'm more worried about running him down with regular minutes than I am our starting guys.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#13 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Jorgeglez7 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Let’s keep winning

This upcoming back to back against the Bucks and the Hawks is gonna be brutal. I'm really looking forward to put Mobley on Antetokoumpo. I have the feeling that those games are going to decide whether we stay as a good team or we fall down.

Well, let's hope Evan's hip improves. We've done alright on back to backs, and the Bucks will be coming off one. Will Middleton be 100%? We'll have to see.

We've been competitive all season, even short-handed against better teams. We're going to learn from losses and continue to get better, so my only fear is someone exposes a flaw in our team that we can't deal with.

But yeah, we know teams with wing defenders, length, and shooting can beat us. No shame there...
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#15 » by LesGrossman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Okoro is out?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#16 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:10 pm

LesGrossman wrote:Okoro is out?

Yes, he's in "health and safety protocols" ... we'll be very lucky if he's the only one.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers