Hawks are 17-24. What's happening?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Re: Hawks are 11-10. What's happening? 

Post#281 » by Sothron » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Sothron wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Idk man I thought you were updating the thread on all the comings and goings of the Hawks regular season record :wink:

Hawks are now 14-14 after a convincing win against the Magic on the road.

Did Collins dunk on Shaq or prime Dwight?

Unless he has a time machine...
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#282 » by Lalouie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:23 pm

#1....trae - 27ppg
#2....collins - 17ppg

basically, atl is trae and a bunch of 4th options
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#283 » by Sothron » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:57 am

Lalouie wrote:#1....trae - 27ppg
#2....collins - 17ppg

I wouldn't go that far. We're missing two starters. We just got our backup center back for the first time tonight. I only worry about our defense as a team. This team can score points with their eyes closed. The team however needs to play defense like they did once Nate took over as coach last season.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#284 » by Threezus » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 am

#2....collins - 17ppg

I honestly think Collins could be a legit good #3 option behind 1 other star next to trae. Collins has proven when plays are ran for him and called for him he can put up good numbers. The dude has already has a 21+ 10+ season and has even said a few times he wishes they would run some plays for him but they don't and even nate said he just gets his points within the flow of the game.

I think a vet like Paul George a true 2 way SG would be great here if we had a chance at him for a few years. Jaylon brown or any other top tier 2 way SG would be perfect for us as well but their hard to come by but i would be willing to start moving some good young pieces to get one if im the hawks. I think it's time to finally make a move for that 2nd star player to team with Trae if were gonna take this serious and take the next step.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#285 » by Lalouie » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Threezus wrote:
#2....collins - 17ppg

I honestly think Collins could be a legit good #3 option behind 1 other star next to trae. Collins has proven when plays are ran for him and called for him he can put up good numbers. The dude has already has a 21+ 10+ season and has even said a few times he wishes they would run some plays for him but they don't and even nate said he just gets his points within the flow of the game.

I think a vet like Paul George a true 2 way SG would be great here if we had a chance at him for a few years. Jaylon brown or any other top tier 2 way SG would be perfect for us as well but their hard to come by but i would be willing to start moving some good young pieces to get one if im the hawks. I think it's time to finally make a move for that 2nd star player to team with Trae if were gonna take this serious and take the next step.

i was thinking about 3rd or 4th. BUT if it's,,,,,
dray, klay, steph
giannis, jrue, khris
lebron, kyrie, love or wade, chris
tim, tony, kawhi

compared to these ring teams, i cannot see being a 3rd. he's borderline with philly, utah. celts are the same as atl

he's a 4th on denver, but helps as a 3rd with portland and somewhere around there with miami and i guess i can extrapolate with the rest of the league. i think thats the lay of the land
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,659

Post#286 » by ChuckChilly » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:33 pm

Our defense is pretty bad. I honestly think we could just become an "out score you" team if we needed to but that would require Trae to pass the ball more.

I won't lie, I'm really starting to question Trae's mentality. I can't tell if he's trying to win the games by himself or playing for highlights, but the amount of shots he takes is ridiculous at times. I think he took the first 7 or so shots of the game against Denver last night. It's starting to get to the point where I look forward to him being on the bench, just so I can see what other players are capable of.
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#287 » by Sothron » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:01 pm

Hawks now have four out of five starters out. Hunter injured until late Jan/Feb, Bogi hurt with his ankle and Trae Young, Capela and now Gallo out thanks to KD giving Trae covid. The NBA needs to postpone our games. It is ridiculous to expect a team to play a game missing so many important players.
Else_where
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,510

Re: Hawks are 14-16. What's happening? 

Post#288 » by Else_where » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:01 am

Edit: 14-16 now, lost 5 of their last 7. A tough schedule coming up.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#289 » by Saint Lazarus » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:08 am

Sothron wrote:Hawks now have four out of five starters out. Hunter injured until late Jan/Feb, Bogi hurt with his ankle and Trae Young, Capela and now Gallo out thanks to KD giving Trae covid. The NBA needs to postpone our games. It is ridiculous to expect a team to play a game missing so many important players.

Hawks will be good fodder for the rest of the league :wink:

We thank you for your sacrifice
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#290 » by Sothron » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:11 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Sothron wrote:Hawks now have four out of five starters out. Hunter injured until late Jan/Feb, Bogi hurt with his ankle and Trae Young, Capela and now Gallo out thanks to KD giving Trae covid. The NBA needs to postpone our games. It is ridiculous to expect a team to play a game missing so many important players.

I know you are joking but seriously this really pisses me off. This is bush league to expect a NBA team to play games that count with players injured and now SIX Hawks players in covid crap protocols.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Post#291 » by CoP » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:31 am

Sothron wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

I know you are joking but seriously this really pisses me off. This is bush league to expect a NBA team to play games that count with players injured and now SIX Hawks players in covid crap protocols.

It's kind of a joke the caliber of players suiting up because of this mess. Joe Johnson scored a bucket tonight ffs
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#292 » by thelead » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:34 am

I'm pissed that the magic won a meaningless game due to this crap. Why are some games postponed while the magic had 5 players on the court in the 1st quarter that weren't even on the team a week ago?
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#293 » by Sothron » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:04 am

thelead wrote:I'm pissed that the magic won a meaningless game due to this crap. Why are some games postponed while the magic had 5 players on the court in the 1st quarter that weren't even on the team a week ago?

I have the same feelings. It isn't fair that teams like Chicago are being treated with kid gloves by having their games postponed while teams like the Hawks, Hornets and Magic have to play their schedule out like it is normal to START G-league and street players.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#294 » by Dan Z » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:32 am

Sothron wrote:
#2....collins - 17ppg

I wouldn't go that far. We're missing two starters. We just got our backup center back for the first time tonight. I only worry about our defense as a team. This team can score points with their eyes closed. The team however needs to play defense like they did once Nate took over as coach last season.

Are the Hawks still thinking about trading Cam Reddish? I see that he scored 34 points today.
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#295 » by Sothron » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:34 am

Dan Z wrote:
Sothron wrote:
#2....collins - 17ppg

Are the Hawks still thinking about trading Cam Reddish? I see that he scored 34 points today.

The only way they would trade him would be to get a star player in return.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#296 » by Lalouie » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:36 am

Sothron wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Sothron wrote:

no one is trading anyone. the nba will be in such a disruptive state it is pointless to think about trades when the very roster you have right now might be the only roster that's whole in a few months
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#297 » by Dan Z » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:41 am

Sothron wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Sothron wrote:

The article on Wiretap said that the Hawks were looking for a draft pick, but that might be a false rumor. If you're looking for a star player in return obviously it'd have to be a multiple player trade (possibly with picks involved).

I haven't watched Reddish enough, but he's only 22 and seems to be improving...?
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#298 » by Sothron » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:44 am

Dan Z wrote:
Sothron wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

The article on Wiretap said that the Hawks were looking for a draft pick, but that might be a false rumor. If you're looking for a star player in return obviously it'd have to be a multiple player trade (possibly with picks involved).

I haven't watched Reddish enough, but he's only 22 and seems to be improving...?

He is both of those things. I would not trade him. Our coach is too entrenched with playing veterans and sticking to rotations even when they aren't working. I think Cam should be starting for us outside of covid/injuries. I think it is possible the Hawks do a consolidation trade using Cam as the best young player in a deal to get a star. I don't know how likely it is. I saw that crazy article as well. There's no reason to trade Cam for a draft pick when you hope the draft pick develops into...what Cam already is? I mean that article was just silly.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#299 » by _qubik » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:44 am

Lalouie wrote:
Threezus wrote:
#2....collins - 17ppg

i was thinking about 3rd or 4th. BUT if it's,,,,,
dray, klay, steph
giannis, jrue, khris
lebron, kyrie, love or wade, chris
tim, tony, kawhi

compared to these ring teams, i cannot see being a 3rd. he's borderline with philly, utah. celts are the same as atl

he's a 4th on denver, but helps as a 3rd with portland and somewhere around there with miami and i guess i can extrapolate with the rest of the league. i think thats the lay of the land

So, Atlanta needs the first option too, Trae isnt on those dudes level
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#300 » by Madhouse » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:08 pm

fringe playoff team with the covid issues and injury concerns.

Issue the Hawks have despite the amount of young talent, it's not talent that's separating from the pack except Young and he doesn't play defense.

Return to The General Board