ImageImageImage

Poll: Will the Cavs make the playoffs 2021-2022?

Moderator: ijspeelman

Will the Cavs make the playoffs 2021-2022?

Duh!
82%
Yes, they might
18%
No
No votes
Keep on dreaming!
No votes
I want to see more games before determining
No votes

Total votes: 11

FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Poll: Will the Cavs make the playoffs 2021-2022? 

Post#1 » by FranchisePlayer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:37 pm

30 games played and we've already seen more than we bargained for.

So, can they keep up this momentum or does the reality soon set in? Tell us your thoughts regarding the big question: can we expect to see the Cavs make the playoffs?
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,655

Re: Poll: Will the Cavs make the playoffs 2021-2022? 

Post#2 » by toooskies » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:27 pm

Barring significant injury/illness, there's no reason to believe this team will fall off.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#3 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:22 am

One game before, I'd have gone for the last option (I want to see more games...).

But if team can sustain the mood when facing a tanking team like HOU... well, that means a lot.

It's easy to be focused and sharp when you play against a contender (highlights, National Media attention, the pride of fighting against some of the best NBA players, etc...).

Being capable to keep on with same pace and intensity against a weak team is what made me definitely trust this team.
It's not about the opponent: it's about your own game.

I marked Yes they might instead of Duh because Koby Altman still has a phone.

It just takes a phone call to ruin everything.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#4 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Going with "Duh!" because we could go something like 18-34 the rest of the way and probably still make the play-in game.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:50 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I marked Yes they might instead of Duh because Koby Altman still has a phone.

It just takes a phone call to ruin everything.

I was thinking you were going to go the the other way with that, if the team gets hurt by a series of injuries, can Altman get on the phone and bring in some help to stop the losses from piling up?

Cavs fans have seen the team decimated by injuries too often, but in those cases we welcomed the losses and the increase in lottery balls. Altman may have some ideas for roster moves he hasn't made yet because we're already at 15, at the cap, with no guaranteed play time.

The strength of the team has been the chemistry and how everybody plays for each other, so adding new players to the mix isn't trivial, but Ed Davis was an example of the sort of seamless addition that can be made.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#6 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Of course.

And it was yet made, so no need to trade now for some player with a sort of similar haircut than EDavis.

Protocols and Safety and injures are decimating everything at sight, larger and shorter rosters alike.

If Koby wants more bodies to fill holes I guess there are two-way exceptions or 10-days contract spots or somewhat.

If he wants to change the rotation I stick to my Let's Isolate Him Into A Wi-Filess Cabin In The woods Flawless Plan

Addendum: I might be convinced to get someone to play backup PG if that sends RRubio to the starting lineup but honestly, you should invest a lot of time and good reasoning on that and surely I don't deserve such an effort.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#7 » by JonFromVA » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:23 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Of course.

And it was yet made, so no need to trade now for some player with a sort of similar haircut than EDavis.

Protocols and Safety and injures are decimating everything at sight, larger and shorter rosters alike.

If Koby wants more bodies to fill holes I guess there are two-way exceptions or 10-days contract spots or somewhat.

If he wants to change the rotation I stick to my Let's Isolate Him Into A Wi-Filess Cabin In The woods Flawless Plan

Addendum: I might be convinced to get someone to play backup PG if that sends RRubio to the starting lineup but honestly, you should invest a lot of time and good reasoning on that and surely I don't deserve such an effort.

If Garland goes down for an extended time then Rubio will be promoted to the starting lineup. If Okoro is out, we might feel our best option is to start Rubio with Garland again. But we can let things play out, and continue to consider whether Pangos is an NBA player.
Bullstuff
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#8 » by Bullstuff » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Looks like pretty much everyone in the team has to go through the health and safety protocols eventually. At least once. Better now than during the playoffs though - missing 2-3 starters is going to be catastrophic for a lot of teams (or all of them).

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers