ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Wolves (Tue. 8:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,028

RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Wolves (Tue. 8:30PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Playoff game.
60/21/10
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Wolves (Tue. 8:30PM EST) 

Post#2 » by ejs78 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Mavs have brought in Theo Pinson and Marquese Chriss. I was intrigued by Chriss when he came into the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#3 » by Archx » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:44 pm

That's awesome, Marquese Chriss... A guy that has been on 4 teams in 4 years already and also wanted to fight Doncic that time. This front office is a gift that keeps on giving.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by ejs78 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:30 pm

Archx wrote:That's awesome, Marquese Chriss... A guy that has been on 4 teams in 4 years already and also wanted to fight Doncic that time. This front office is a gift that keeps on giving.
Barkley and Mahorn got into much worse and ended up teammates. This dust up means nothing.

Archx
RealGM

Post#5 » by Archx » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:That's awesome, Marquese Chriss... A guy that has been on 4 teams in 4 years already and also wanted to fight Doncic that time. This front office is a gift that keeps on giving.
Barkley and Mahorn got into much worse and ended up teammates. This dust up means nothing.

Who's a better player Mahorn or Chriss though?
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:14 am

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

Not sure why that matters. He's a 10 day contract and plenty of people with beef have played with each other before.

XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#7 » by XTraderXL » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:22 am

Another loss. No Luka, probably no KP and a few more players missing. This season is turning into a nighmare for Dallas.

Anyone seen how Luka looks physically at this point? I am guessing they kept him out mostly to get back in shape so fat shaming worked :)
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#8 » by Darren » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:00 am

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

Then, the Mavs should have brought in Morris who intended to hurt Luka in 2 consecutive playoff series. Chriss was a good role player on GSW roster. Rebound and do the dirty works. Hit 18 footers regularly. And this team has zero PFs. It couldn't hurt finally getting one. I suspect Omoruyi will also help tremendously rather immediately. Any attempt to take minutes away from Powell should be great until proven otherwise.
Archx
RealGM

Post#9 » by Archx » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Darren wrote:
Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Barkley and Mahorn got into much worse and ended up teammates. This dust up means nothing.

Then, the Mavs should have brought in Morris who intended to hurt Luka in 2 consecutive playoff series. Chriss was a good role player on GSW roster. Rebound and do the dirty works. Hit 18 footers regularly. And this team has zero PFs. It couldn't hurt finally getting one. I suspect Omoruyi will also help tremendously rather immediately. Any attempt to take minutes away from Powell should be great until proven otherwise.

Obviously we have no clue how anyone of those will do and i have no clue what you even tried to say. But also seeing that you both missed my point so let's leave it at that.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Archx wrote:
Darren wrote:
Archx wrote:

Obviously we have no clue how anyone of those will do and i have no clue what you even tried to say. But also seeing that you both missed my point so let's leave it at that.
Your point was 4 teams in 4 years which doesn't matter cuz he's a 10 day contract.

Your other point was he had a dust up with Luka and that's not a big deal.

The FO isn't really an issue when it comes to signing players due to Covid.

Archx
RealGM

Post#11 » by Archx » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:10 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Darren wrote:

Your point was 4 teams in 4 years which doesn't matter cuz he's a 10 day contract.

Your other point was he had a dust up with Luka and that's not a big deal.

The FO isn't really an issue when it comes to signing players due to Covid.

No...
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:24 pm

Then what is your point?

Archx
RealGM

Post#13 » by Archx » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:24 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Then what is your point?

I totally understand that the entire league is in a scramble mode right now due to COVID problems. But the inability of this FO to sign or trade for anyone that could actually help this team to reach higher highs is absolutely astonishing. You have former coaches wondering how Mavs basically have the same starting unit as they had 3 seasons ago and basically they are only switching players on 1 position, Curry - Jrich - Bullock.
To make matters even worse, they went from good to below average. Like i said, COVID is a huge issue and finding right players is tough but Nick and Cuban denying that this team has any roster issues is a problem, and on top of that they bring in suspect players.

Like Brad wrote in his article "Doncic angrily jumped to his feet and had to be separated from going after Chriss.
Luka, meet your potential new teammate. Merry Chrissmas."
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#14 » by arkuo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Then what is your point?

I totally understand that the entire league is in a scramble mode right now due to COVID problems. But the inability of this FO to sign or trade for anyone that could actually help this team to reach higher highs is absolutely astonishing. You have former coaches wondering how Mavs basically have the same starting unit as they had 3 seasons ago and basically they are only switching players on 1 position, Curry - Jrich - Bullock.
To make matters even worse, they went from good to below average. Like i said, COVID is a huge issue and finding right players is tough but Nick and Cuban denying that this team has any roster issues is a problem, and on top of that they bring in suspect players.

Like Brad wrote in his article "Doncic angrily jumped to his feet and had to be separated from going after Chriss.

Cuban being busy with Bitcoin left clowns in charge of running the day to day tasks. And as long as fans keep paying top dollar for a mediocre product, I dont think that will change anytime soon.
Archx
RealGM

Post#15 » by Archx » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:34 pm

arkuo wrote:Cuban being busy with Bitcoin left clowns in charge of running the day to day tasks. And as long as fans keep paying top dollar for a mediocre product, I dont think that will change anytime soon.

Exactly. There was a huge uproar in Phoenix when Suns were doing horrible. People wanted owner gone and made it clear to him to fix the roster, eventually he did.

I see many people fight on twitter and reddit about this but Mark usually ignores it. Everything is about Crypto with him these days. I'm confident FO is still trying to somewhat improve this roster but you can't keep signing below average players and expect a miracle.

If this team was slightly better, people wouldn't even blame Luka or KP for missing games or being fat. But Mavs are now 2-6 without Doncic and that is ridiculous. Luka playing slightly below his already insanely high form, makes this team look even worse. Now imagine how good would Luka need to be in order for this team to get back to top5. At this point Mavs are struggling to stay within play ins.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#16 » by ducler » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Then what is your point?

Most of this has nothing to do with your original post. If Luka had a real issue with Chriss he wouldn't be on the team.

Archx
RealGM

Post#18 » by Archx » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:40 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Then what is your point?

Most of this has nothing to do with your original post. If Luka had a real issue with Chriss he wouldn't be on the team.

Because you probably didn't understand the sarcastic comment about Mavs FO.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:49 pm

Yes I understood that but them and nearly every other team is being put in the situation of signing replacement players. This has nothing to do with poor offseasons from the FO. You just want to take a shot at the team no matter the topic.

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=1gNyZjEghxBrS0CdecTdxg&s=19

Blame the FO.

Return to Dallas Mavericks