ImageImageImageImageImage

Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#141 » by Landsberger » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:48 am

Kilroy wrote:Metaphysical question... Can anyone with a Lamborghini SUV, ever win a race? I'm thinking no matter what, they're still losers.

I had one 'race' me in my 2003 Suburban, beach camper... Yes he passed me, and cut me off... But it had been a long while since I laughed that hard.

Remember when they made this V-12 Pick-up thing?

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#142 » by Kilroy » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:36 am

Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Metaphysical question... Can anyone with a Lamborghini SUV, ever win a race? I'm thinking no matter what, they're still losers.

I had one 'race' me in my 2003 Suburban, beach camper... Yes he passed me, and cut me off... But it had been a long while since I laughed that hard.

Yeah, I lusted after that one all through high school... It was a pig but still really cool, in a pre-humve world...

No way that thing would beat my suburban though... They were notoriously unfast...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#143 » by Landsberger » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Yeah, I lusted after that one all through high school... It was a pig but still really cool, in a pre-humve world...

No way that thing would beat my suburban though... They were notoriously unfast...

Not "fast" but not that "unfast" either. MPG is a pig.....

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15142136/lamborghini-lm002-archived-instrumented-test-review/

Don't know what you got in the Burb but 7.7 0-60 ain't nothing for a nearly 7,000lb vehicle. Stopping distance is insane for one that size.

Now if I can get one with the hard point for a bed mounted BMG then we're good to go....
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#144 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:04 am

Community forum is heating up for winter!

just moved to a new pad. this place is great and has a fireplace... ran a log fire once and the flew is clearly dirty... smoked out the house and now everything smells like campfire... so pissed haha. Let's see how that zep fire smoke out crap works.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#145 » by tugs » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:58 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FAM!
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#146 » by Landsberger » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:20 am

Danny Darko wrote:Community forum is heating up for winter!

just moved to a new pad. this place is great and has a fireplace... ran a log fire once and the flew is clearly dirty... smoked out the house and now everything smells like campfire... so pissed haha. Let's see how that zep fire smoke out crap works.

In my youth I did chimney cleaning in the Boise area (don't ask... long story... how does a kid from the ATL hood get to Idaho?). You should have it professionally cleaned if the smoke isn't drawing. Chimney fires are no joke.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#147 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:57 am

Merry Christmas and happy new year Laker family. Wishing all of you a peaceful new year.
Formerly lakerRD
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#148 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:13 am

Cheers everyone! hope it's a good season for you.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#149 » by Slava » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:02 pm

I bought a small apartment as well, getting the keys on New Year’s Eve. First time home buyer in the Slava family.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#150 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Slava wrote:

I bought a small apartment as well, getting the keys on New Year’s Eve. First time home buyer in the Slava family.

Congrats!! that's exciting

I chose to keep renting... we came really close to buying but the house was small and needed work and this one is like perfect and on the same block as my bandmates.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Slava » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Slava wrote:

Congrats!! that's exciting

I chose to keep renting... we came really close to buying but the house was small and needed work and this one is like perfect and on the same block as my bandmates.

With the historically low mortgage rates, its tremendously more cheaper to buy than rent here and buying property in a major European city is a surefire good investment, so it became a no-brainer for me once I decided to plant roots and stay in one place.

I do get the worry with properties that need work though, I could have gotten almost twice the square footage for slightly more if I was prepared for it but I don't trust my DIY skills and ended up buying a fully renovated apartment.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#152 » by tugs » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:25 pm

Ooh I also got the keys to my new house. Haven't moved in yet since I'm planning some renovations still

Wow look at us. Can't help but look back
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#153 » by Danny Darko » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:53 pm

we actually looked at this house when it was for sale and balked because it was almost 700k and now it's zillow is a million plus. Over the last 5 years I've turned down so many awesome houses below 650 it's crazy and with the internet my little town is now like Aspen or something for LA people wanting to escape the city, so the market is pretty whacked out.

People are leaving California at a never seen rate, but even so my home town will still be a unicorn unless something major happens.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by Slava » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Colorado is experiencing a second gold rush with remote workers flocking there en masse. A home in Colorado Springs probably costs as much as a Manhattan beach condo these days.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#155 » by hermes » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:09 pm

no one flocking to minnesota

its almost like everyone else knows this place is siberia for half the year
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#156 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:03 am

Slava wrote:Colorado is experiencing a second gold rush with remote workers flocking there en masse. A home in Colorado Springs probably costs as much as a Manhattan beach condo these days.

Boise, Reno, Salt Lake, Las Vegas and especially the Phoenix area are all booming as much or more. Average home price in PHX is up about 16% year over year for the last 2 years. Boise and Salt Lake are similar. The "fly over" states are popular again!

I have realtor stopping by my home and offering me 3X what I paid for it in 2011. I have a rental place in Tempe that if I could swallow the Capital Gains hit I could sell for over 3X what I bought it for.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#157 » by Danny Darko » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:47 pm

saw a Rivian truck on the road for the first time yesterday. Smaller than I thought it would be.

I'd like an electric suv at some point. I like my full size truck, but now that I don't gig that often I don't really need a secure cargo hold
Might be douchey but I like the Hummer EV, but I also don't have an extra 90k lying around to drop on a vehicle, so...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#158 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:26 am

well I've been mostly locked down but still managed to get Covid somehow. I'm glad i'm vax'd, because on day 3 its not been joking around with my lungs.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by Slava » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:22 am

Danny Darko wrote:well I've been mostly locked down but still managed to get Covid somehow. I'm glad i'm vax'd, because on day 3 its not been joking around with my lungs.

Get well soon man. Each vaccine and booster laid me lower for a day than COVID did when I got it and I was not vaccinated then, but the loss of smell and taste was sure not fun with COVID. It took me 6-8 weeks to get it back but I know more than one person who haven't recovered them, even after a year. I'm surprised you are still feeling it after the vaccine as I thought most vaccinated people were symptomless from Omicron.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#160 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:40 pm

Slava wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:well I've been mostly locked down but still managed to get Covid somehow. I'm glad i'm vax'd, because on day 3 its not been joking around with my lungs.

Get well soon man. Each vaccine and booster laid me lower for a day than COVID did when I got it and I was not vaccinated then, but the loss of smell and taste was sure not fun with COVID. It took me 6-8 weeks to get it back but I know more than one person who haven't recovered them, even after a year. I'm surprised you are still feeling it after the vaccine as I thought most vaccinated people were symptomless from Omicron.

could be delta... who knows. i know 6 fully vaxed people who got hit at least as hard as the flu with covid over the last few weeks. breakthroughs are the new norm around here. I didn't get the boost because shot #2 of moderna gave me weeks of vertigo

hoping the research on CBD and covid rings true. my lungs are painful as hell today.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers