ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Wolves (Tue. 8:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs vs Wolves (Tue. 8:30PM EST) 

Post#41 » by agentofatlas » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 am

Dirk commentating and getting a much needed win. The Mavs were blessed today.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#42 » by fuller4379 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:02 am

Can we keep Chriss and dump WCS?
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#43 » by leolozon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:06 am

The Mavs have actually done good without Luka (in that second stretch) : 3-2, plus they could have easily beaten the Lakers and be 4-1. No game was a blowout.

Maybe the narrative that it's Luka alone and no one else needs to stop. There's no reason that he can't lead this team to 50 wins if he becomes again the leader that he was.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,434

Post#44 » by Maverick41 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:19 am

leolozon wrote:The Mavs have actually done good without Luka. 3-2. Plus could have easily beaten the Lakers and be 4-1. No game was a blowout.

Maybe the narrative that it's Luka alone and no one else needs to stop. There's no reason that he can't lead this team to 50 wins if he becomes again the leader that he was.

We're 3-6 on the year without Luka. 2 of the 3 wins were against OKC and a covid-devastated Hornets team. This win was the 1 impressive win without Luka for me. Team played hard, we hit shots and our role players all stepped up.

I agree with the sentiment though that Luka needs to do better in leading this team. It's quite obvious that Brunson is a better leader (not player) then Luka.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#45 » by XTraderXL » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 am

Maverick41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:The Mavs have actually done good without Luka. 3-2. Plus could have easily beaten the Lakers and be 4-1. No game was a blowout.

We're 3-6 on the year without Luka. 2 of the 3 wins were against OKC and a covid-devastated Hornets team. This win was the 1 impressive win without Luka for me. Team played hard, we hit shots and our role players all stepped up.

I agree with the sentiment though that Luka needs to do better in leading this team. It's quite obvious that Brunson is a better leader (not player) then Luka.

The point leo was making was that this team is better without Luka than everyone seems to think. I 100% agree with you in that Brunson is the better leader than Luka. Its not close and its quite possible it will never change. Luka is a child caught in a grown mans body with a hot temper and inability to control his emotions.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,434

Post#46 » by Maverick41 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:00 am

DFS needs a shoutout for how good he has been the last 10 games. Today he had 19, 6 and 5 and in his last 10 games he's averaging 11, 5 and 3 on 46% from 3. He's not a star but he's a darn good role player.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#47 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:41 am

Maverick41 wrote:DFS needs a shoutout for how good he has been the last 10 games. Today he had 19, 6 and 5 and in his last 10 games he's averaging 11, 5 and 3 on 46% from 3. He's not a star but he's a darn good role player.

Very good in the last stretch, he is the 4th/5th starters in a contending team.

Chriss and Pinton in the firt ever game played with the Mavs seem better than all ours new adding in the last 3years :lol:

A good win against a weak team, but a W is a W. Take it.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,467

Post#48 » by Bob8 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:44 am

Nba is a joke at the moment. We cannot take any conclusions about teams. Minnesota was missing 5 players with Covid too.

Mavs are capable of beating anyone in a good day. Problem is that is not enough in playoffs and will never be with this team. Look at Mavs wins this year. More or less all were against bad teams, mostly with missing players. (Siakam, Jalen Brown, Kawhi, Zion, Ball, Ja Morant, Edwards). They will meet different teams in playoffs and few wins won't be enough.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,467

Post#49 » by Bob8 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:25 am

XTraderXL wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:

The point leo was making was that this team is better without Luka than everyone seems to think. I 100% agree with you in that Brunson is the better leader than Luka. Its not close and its quite possible it will never change. Luka is a child caught in a grown mans body with a hot temper and inability to control his emotions.

Luka needs serious club, like was Real, and serious coach. He doesn't need cuddling, he needs someone to set him goals. I'm not sure that anyone in Mavs knows what those short term and long term goals are and they for sure don't know how to get there.

It will be interesting to see in what shape Luka will return. I'm not optimistic. Luka might take this pause as another holidays. Maybe Mavs can get big C that way. :D
leolozon
General Manager

Post#50 » by leolozon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 am

XTraderXL wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as you, but yeah my point is that they have done way better in that last stretch than most people gave them credit for. People expected them to have trouble to win a game without Luka.

I also think that some underrate the impact of a leader pushing others to be better amd creating a winning culture. The leader has to show the example. Think of all the great players.

I agree that it's a weird time right now though.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#51 » by XTraderXL » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:56 am

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:We're 3-6 on the year without Luka. 2 of the 3 wins were against OKC and a covid-devastated Hornets team. This win was the 1 impressive win without Luka for me. Team played hard, we hit shots and our role players all stepped up.

Luka needs serious club, like was Real, and serious coach. He doesn't need cuddling, he needs someone to set him goals. I'm not sure that anyone in Mavs knows what those short term and long term goals are and they for sure don't know how to get there.

It will be interesting to see in what shape Luka will return. I'm not optimistic. Luka might take this pause as another holidays. Maybe Mavs can get big C that way. :D

I agree but who knows how he will adapt to a more disciplined regime that will hold him accountable. He has been a God like figure in Dallas for the last 3 years, immune to and protected from criticism. Now the criticism has started and they immediately sat him out. Some of it is due to injuries but I think its mostly for this to blow over and is forgotten. I dont think its a coincidence they decided to sit him out when prominent people started pointing out he is fat and out of shape. Cuban wants to protect his golden goose.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,771

Post#52 » by Archx » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:48 am

Let's do some research.
Mavs are actually 3-6 without Luka so far. And this win was by far the most impressive one even though Twolves are also pretty much a bad team without Ant and Vanderbilt on defense. KAT played good but still managed to go -15 and was defended great by Chriss in the 4th. It's been a long time since Mavs had a bruiser like Chriss who is willing to rebound hard and do the dirty work.

Usually when Luka has a good game like Brunson, Mavs lose... Why? Because they actually managed to shoot over 32% from 3 this time. Even freaking S.Brown did something positive for the entire game, which is first this season. Pinson had 4 steals and a block along with 7 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Dude was doing huge work. Something we all expected from Bullock at the start of the season. Even freaking Burke had 7 assists (season high).

To think that Mavs play better or just as good withouth Doncic is silly and statistically not true. (3W-6L). Because if you judge by this game, then you could also say KP is not needed aswell and could be traded for someone even worse than him. If this team played all 9 games like this when Luka was out, i would say you're on to something but it has been just one impressive game.

Like people said, entire league is in a weird place right now and a lot of teams play in an unusual ways. You have guys who are battling hard for contracts or teams missing important players. Wolves missed Ant and Vanderbilt who basically won them the game last time with his defense and hustle.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#53 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:14 pm

So sad watch random players picked up due Covid play better than our summer additions.

Chriss earns a try, i see him pairing well with KP.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#54 » by leolozon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:09 pm

Archx wrote:

Let's do some research.
Mavs are actually 3-6 without Luka so far. And this win was by far the most impressive one even though Twolves are also pretty much a bad team without Ant and Vanderbilt on defense. KAT played good but still managed to go -15 and was defended great by Chriss in the 4th. It's been a long time since Mavs had a bruiser like Chriss who is willing to rebound hard and do the dirty work.

Usually when Luka has a good game like Brunson, Mavs lose... Why? Because they actually managed to shoot over 32% from 3 this time. Even freaking S.Brown did something positive for the entire game, which is first this season. Pinson had 4 steals and a block along with 7 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Dude was doing huge work. Something we all expected from Bullock at the start of the season. Even freaking Burke had 7 assists (season high).

To think that Mavs play better or just as good withouth Doncic is silly and statistically not true. (3W-6L). Because if you judge by this game, then you could also say KP is not needed aswell and could be traded for someone even worse than him. If this team played all 9 games like this when Luka was out, i would say you're on to something but it has been just one impressive game.

Like people said, entire league is in a weird place right now and a lot of teams play in an unusual ways. You have guys who are battling hard for contracts or teams missing important players. Wolves missed Ant and Vanderbilt who basically won them the game last time with his defense and hustle.

1- I was obviously talking about the last stretch of games. 3-2 and no blow out is impressive considering what people thought of this team without Luka.
2- No one said that the Mavs are better or as good without Luka.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#55 » by daoneandonly » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:09 pm

Good on these guys for getting that W. Brunson was key here. I like the kid a lot, he has grit, but even with his contract status, he may be our best trade chip. I'd explore that
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#56 » by fuller4379 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,044

Post#57 » by Mavrelous » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:28 pm

What a weird game...
Chriss has actually played very well, he was very willing roller, but small Brunson was almost never able to hit him, I'm interested how he looks with Luka.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#58 » by ejs78 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Come on down

Read on Twitter
?t=sSuOEmzniVSgx1gxEvGdGg&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#59 » by arkuo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 am

LMAO the replacement players are actually hungrier than the actual paid employees. Maybe the old ones can get cut for being too comfortable with their jobs.

Return to Dallas Mavericks