ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 33 Thread - Kings (13-19) vs Clippers (16-15)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Re: Game 33 Thread - Kings (13-19) vs Clippers (16-15) 

Post#21 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:20 am

And stop backseat moderating. If you have an issue report me and ignore. It's really not a hard concept

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:24 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:And stop backseat moderating. If you have an issue report me and ignore. It's really not a hard concept

Dont disrespect others opinions. When that happens, aside from being reported, others will tend to comment back within the rules
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#23 » by sacking123 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:24 am

I don't think its a move Fox or not divide. I still believe the Kings shouldn't have anyone off limits. I think Monte should value the guys to a degree because he isn't signing someone of value in the off season. But he should at least have the confidence, and the green light, to make this his team.

FWIW I believe if this team moves on from Fox, he will become a top 5 PG in the NBA. Why this team hasn't demanded he work on his shooting is beyond me. It's the thing that will open his game up to being unstoppable.
If only he could just shoot 36-38% from 3.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:35 am

Its hard to make of what tonight wouldve been with Fox.

First, there are a lot of issues with the team that weren't present. Holmes being a shell of himself. Id be a lot more comfortable with Mitchell and Len than Mudiay and whatever big. We also just aren't a good team at this juncture. Would I prefer to see Hali/Mitchell and a rebuild? Yes.

Fox, for most of the season hasnt contributed statistically to winning and has put on an unclutch clinic that has cost us many games down the stretch. I also believe his casualness (motor) has affected the team

I hope that he can come in, and not disrupt lead playmaking of Hali. No matter the fit, he sure wouldve been welcome over Hield, tonight. Long term I still question the fit, and would move Fox for value, but since value wont be likely to come we will get a chance to see the pairing
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#25 » by blind prophet » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:35 am

To think we are trying for the 10th seed with everything we have. Y'all know we will finish 11th.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:36 am

simonbampfield wrote:I don't think its a move Fox or not divide. I still believe the Kings shouldn't have anyone off limits. I think Monte should value the guys to a degree because he isn't signing someone of value in the off season. But he should at least have the confidence, and the green light, to make this his team.

FWIW I believe if this team moves on from Fox, he will become a top 5 PG in the NBA. Why this team hasn't demanded he work on his shooting is beyond me. It's the thing that will open his game up to being unstoppable.
Agreed with all of this.

I think nobody should be off the table. I'm not even defending fox as much as I just find it laughable how the masses blamed Walton and then immediately turned the pitchforks to fox.

The team is not very good, fans should have never thought we would be.. adding Tristan and mitchell to q 32 win team was always going to leave us a 32 win team.. and I'm not a huge believer in Monte but he should have the ability to do whatever he feels is necessary. Haliburton, mitchell, fox, none of these guys are top 10 game changing talents.

Now that doesn't mean I won't judge any move or have an opinion of it. And right now this team is struggling to score 90pts per game without fox, which leads me to believe fox needs a teammate who can get a damn bucket.

At the very minimum this team should be trading Barnes, Bagley, buddy, and Tristan at the deadline. No more middling aging vets and holding on till the last second. Build something real.

Agreed even more with your 2nd pt. I'll be rooting for wherever he goes (unless it ends up being the Lakers).

The team is rotten and cursed to the core, and players can't wait to get out of here unfortunately.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#27 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:40 am

blind prophet wrote:To think we are trying for the 10th seed with everything we have. Y'all know we will finish 11th.
The bottom of the west is a joke this year. Which is why the kings are the ultimate clowns.

Zero game changing off season moves
Keeping Walton into the season
Drafting another old pg

They had a great chance to put something together this year and be in the mix with the entire middle of the west. Instead like you said, 11th seed and 8th pick here we come!

BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:40 am

simonbampfield wrote:

I think motor is innate.

If someone is stuck on a lower gear, so to speak, it makes it harder to impact the game. And he hasnt impacted the game from a statistical point even when his counting numbers were higher

If someone has a low motor it causes them to regress, not show leadership, dog on defense etc.

Motor doesn't change with reps
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#29 » by sacking123 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:51 am

BoogieTime wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

I think motor is innate.

If someone is stuck on a lower gear, so to speak, it makes it harder to impact the game. And he hasnt impacted the game from a statistical point even when his counting numbers were higher

If someone has a low motor it causes them to regress, not show leadership, dog on defense etc.

I think this is a fair point, is certainly valid and should be taken into account. I just believe Fox has put so much effort into every off season, but we haven't heard that he is concentrating on his two biggest areas of need, D + long range shooting.
The other thing about Fox is, he wants to be here, he is a hard worker, doesn't shy away from anything. I know we have all said this before and it should only count for so much, but remember when this team didn't have Artest and we were searching for a SF for like, forever?
I feel that is how we are going to be when we trade HB. He plays a position of integral importance. But I also believe, given our current roster make up, if we move on from Fox, we will definitely feel it. I'm not against it, but what Monte needs to start building is a modern team with the mindset he is going to sign a modern coach in the off season. If any player, other than the big guys currently (Holmes/Len/TT) on the roster gives up an open 3, benched, no excuses. They have to formulate a pattern of play and become predictable.
This is something so very basic, Doug could have implemented this through these games. Play fast and if you give up an open 3, your sitting.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#30 » by BoogieTime » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:42 am

simonbampfield wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

I think motor is innate.

I think this is a fair point, is certainly valid and should be taken into account. I just believe Fox has put so much effort into every off season, but we haven't heard that he is concentrating on his two biggest areas of need, D + long range shooting.
The other thing about Fox is, he wants to be here, he is a hard worker, doesn't shy away from anything. I know we have all said this before and it should only count for so much, but remember when this team didn't have Artest and we were searching for a SF for like, forever?
I feel that is how we are going to be when we trade HB. He plays a position of integral importance. But I also believe, given our current roster make up, if we move on from Fox, we will definitely feel it. I'm not against it, but what Monte needs to start building is a modern team with the mindset he is going to sign a modern coach in the off season. If any player, other than the big guys currently (Holmes/Len/TT) on the roster gives up an open 3, benched, no excuses. They have to formulate a pattern of play and become predictable.
This is something so very basic, Doug could have implemented this through these games. Play fast and if you give up an open 3, your sitting.

The D comes with the motor issue IMO

He's a hard worker in the summer, and says the right thing in the off-season to be sure. But that's different from game motor work rate. You can say the right things, it can be pointed out by the fanbase, but if your stuck on 4th gear its going to be damn hard to guard PGs. It makes its hard to do the dirty work and have attention to detail etc. Needs to get bigger and hopefully wont be much of an issue at SG

Return to Sacramento Kings