Read on Twitter
?t=VZ9srti-CMBAd4MjNcBaGw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#2 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#3 » by ejs78 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:30 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.
Reading Pinson can get it, but not Chriss due to his time spent in the league. Id rather have Chriss too.

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:41 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Reading Pinson can get it, but not Chriss due to his time spent in the league. Id rather have Chriss too.

Ah ok :banghead:

But can we offer him a minimun? Maybe cutting the useless WCS.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#5 » by Maverick41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:39 pm

Bummed that Omaruyi had a season ending injury. Looked like someone that could contribute.

To me, we should definitely cut McLaughlin too. He does not look like an NBA player and looks overwhelmed out on the court.

As for the open 2 way spot, I think Pinson definitely gets it. He's been playing well and his hustle has really stood out.

My hope is that we can make a consolidation trade soon to open up a spot for Chriss. While we could just cut WCS, he has a decent sized expiring contract that can be useful in trades for salary matching purposes.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#6 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:26 am

I’m not certain Chriss doesn’t take WCS’s spot.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Maverick41 wrote:Bummed that Omaruyi had a season ending injury. Looked like someone that could contribute.

To me, we should definitely cut McLaughlin too. He does not look like an NBA player and looks overwhelmed out on the court.

As for the open 2 way spot, I think Pinson definitely gets it. He's been playing well and his hustle has really stood out.

My hope is that we can make a consolidation trade soon to open up a spot for Chriss. While we could just cut WCS, he has a decent sized expiring contract that can be useful in trades for salary matching purposes.

Agreed on all accounts. Maybe we can trade WCS and Burke for a guy like Jeremy Lamb. Not sure if the Pacers would go for that though, but you'd have to think Carlisle would be interested in reuniting with some of his former players.

Well, maybe not if he dissed them in front of Luka...
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:58 am

Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Mfiondu Kabengele is the best available option

Even better is Mfiondu Kabengele, who has two-years of NBA experience and could play a similar role to that of Eric Paschall, a former member of the Warriors.

Kabengele is a tanky forward who can dribble the ball, attack the basket and step outside of the paint for jumpers. He scored 26 points in a recent G-League game, showing his prowess as a scorer and offensive rebounder.
I think fans would be surprised by Kabengele’s energy and skill-level in the frontcourt. He appears to be a hidden gem that simply needs a home in the NBA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bluemanhoop.com/2022/01/03/golden-state-warriors-options-final-two-way-spot/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,317

Post#9 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:07 pm

HMFFL wrote:Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Even better is Mfiondu Kabengele, who has two-years of NBA experience and could play a similar role to that of Eric Paschall, a former member of the Warriors.

Kabengele is a tanky forward who can dribble the ball, attack the basket and step outside of the paint for jumpers. He scored 26 points in a recent G-League game, showing his prowess as a scorer and offensive rebounder.
I think fans would be surprised by Kabengele’s energy and skill-level in the frontcourt. He appears to be a hidden gem that simply needs a home in the NBA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bluemanhoop.com/2022/01/03/golden-state-warriors-options-final-two-way-spot/amp/

Mavs are really lacking in athleticism and high energy players, I'd give him the spot over Penson and McLoghlin, he's the only guy with remote shot of seeing court after COVID dust settles.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Give it to Chriss if they can
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#11 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Give it to Chriss if they can

They just signed Chriss to a third 10-day contract and I think they have plans to resign him for the remainder of the season. They need to open up a roster spot and I’d WCS and Burke are prime candidates to be released.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#12 » by Darren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm

Fifth year veterans are off limit. I guess it is for Moses Brown, Eugene Omoryui or similar prospect. Chriss will definitely take either Powell or WCS's spot. In case, a Dragic for Powell trade goes down, that's the best case scenario to the Mavs. But I won't part with Green right now. Browns and Bullock are available. If Toronto is interested in Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2023 Miami 2nd, I think we're in.

Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2nd for Dragic + Boucher + Bonga

The Mavs could use frontcourt players. In case, things doesn't work out. TPE for a frontcourt player like TT or Harkless could be done. I think Ntilikina deserves playing time. I don't hessitate to trade Bullock to open a spot. But if Toronto is more interested in Sterling Brown, I think it's even better to both side.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Darren wrote:Fifth year veterans are off limit. I guess it is for Moses Brown, Eugene Omoryui or similar prospect. Chriss will definitely take either Powell or WCS's spot. In case, a Dragic for Powell trade goes down, that's the best case scenario to the Mavs. But I won't part with Green right now. Browns and Bullock are available. If Toronto is interested in Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2023 Miami 2nd, I think we're in.

Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2nd for Dragic + Boucher + Bonga

The Mavs could use frontcourt players. In case, things doesn't work out. TPE for a frontcourt player like TT or Harkless could be done. I think Ntilikina deserves playing time. I don't hessitate to trade Bullock to open a spot. But if Toronto is more interested in Sterling Brown, I think it's even better to both side.

I think Toronto shipping Boucher or Achiuwa, they will not change our destiny but they can play.

For cheap i should pull the trigger.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#14 » by tribulations » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 pm

HMFFL wrote:Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Always liked him!
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Give it to Chriss if they can

They just signed Chriss to a third 10-day contract and I think they have plans to resign him for the remainder of the season. They need to open up a roster spot and I’d WCS and Burke are prime candidates to be released.

Yeah, I wanted to keep Chriss too, so I'm glad he's on the team, but I would have liked it if the Mavs had traded away WCS instead of waiving him.

Oh well.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:59 pm

Are the Mavs not gonna bring back Moses Brown on a Two-Way Contract?
Give him the open spot. It should go to a center, and he's already familiar with the people here. Just give it to him.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:33 am

I think Drew Eubanks is eligible for a two-way contract, as he only has 4 years of NBA experience. I believe you can have 4 years of NBA experience max and still sign a Two-Way Contract.

Return to Dallas Mavericks