ImageImageImageImageImage

Get Curry back to his normal rotations

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Get Curry back to his normal rotations 

Post#1 » by Impuniti » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 am

I don't know if it will fix some of his shooting woes, but it's worth a shot to see. It was an adorable little experiment from Kerr. If the intention was to lose at a significantly higher rate than before the rotations were changed. If that was the goal, he nailed it.

Why is he still going on with this 25 games into the season?
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Re: Get Curry back to his normal rotations 

Post#2 » by michaelm » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:23 pm

Impuniti wrote:I don't know if it will fix some of his shooting woes, but it's worth a shot to see. It was an adorable little experiment from Kerr. If the intention was to lose at a significantly higher rate than before the rotations were changed. If that was the goal, he nailed it.

Why is he still going on with this 25 games into the season?

I basically agree with you, whatever is best for Curry is best for the team as well imo also, but what record exactly do you consider the team would have with different rotations ?. Their record isn’t exactly bad even after the short handed loss to Denver.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 217

Post#3 » by sonnyhill » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:23 pm

Will getting "...Curry back to his normal rotations" reduce the number of turnovers he produces each game? If so, then I am all for it.

Curry has become a volume shooter, and both Curry and Kerr seem to be OK with it, regardless of the shooting percentage.

Curry's defense, previously "worse-than-anemic," is no longer a team liability, and that is a huge positive for this team.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#4 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:57 pm

When is Klay coming back? He has been out almost 2 and half years now. Its been 14 months since his rupture, why is he still not on the court?

Hes basically ate a max spot for 3 years now with no production. Thats got to be frustrating.

Steph been getting double teamed for 2 years cause of Thompsons unavailability. I know injuries suck, but at some point you gotta get on the court man, and if the team isn't allowing it, you need to push for it. I think he owes it to his teammates at this point.

Maybe it will help Curry, maybe it won't, but its been frustrating from a fan perspective seeing him get doubled every possession cause warriors have a $30M piece riding the pine for 2 plus years. Heck, maybe his return will force Curry back into his previous rotation.

Also before someone says he needs conditioning back, you don't get game conditioning from running suicide lines in an empty gym. He needs to play.
TwoStarz
Analyst

Post#5 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:00 pm

sonnyhill wrote:Will getting "...Curry back to his normal rotations" reduce the number of turnovers he produces each game? If so, then I am all for it.

Curry has become a volume shooter, and both Curry and Kerr seem to be OK with it, regardless of the shooting percentage.

Curry's defense, previously "worse-than-anemic," is no longer a team liability, and that is a huge positive for this team.

Nothing will ever reduce his turnovers (aside from having him make less decisions, which Kerr has NO problem doing). He has serious questionable decision making. Having said that, I still much rather have him on the ball than likes of JTA and Iggy...

Also this team definitely will not win with the way Steph is playing. Its not just the numbers, his whole playstyle has been whack all season. Volume three point shooter and not much else.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 299

Post#6 » by Thugleavy34 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Impuniti wrote:It was an adorable little experiment from Kerr. If the intention was to lose at a significantly higher rate than before the rotations were changed.

The Warriors have the best record in the entire league.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#7 » by michaelm » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:49 pm

TwoStarz wrote:When is Klay coming back? He has been out almost 2 and half years now. Its been 14 months since his rupture, why is he still not on the court?

Hes basically ate a max spot for 3 years now with no production. Thats got to be frustrating.

Steph been getting double teamed for 2 years cause of Thompsons unavailability. I know injuries suck, but at some point you gotta get on the court man, and if the team isn't allowing it, you need to push for it. I think he owes it to his teammates at this point.

Maybe it will help Curry, maybe it won't, but its been frustrating from a fan perspective seeing him get doubled every possession cause warriors have a $30M piece riding the pine for 2 plus years. Heck, maybe his return will force Curry back into his previous rotation.

Also before someone says he needs conditioning back, you don't get game conditioning from running suicide lines in an empty gym. He needs to play.

Best record in the NBA does not equate to Klay must come back immediately for most. The dog days of the regular season are not when they most need Klay.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#8 » by michaelm » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Double
TwoStarz
Analyst

Post#9 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:00 pm

michaelm wrote:
TwoStarz wrote:When is Klay coming back? He has been out almost 2 and half years now. Its been 14 months since his rupture, why is he still not on the court?

Best record in the NBA does not equate to Klay must come back immediately for most. The dog days of the regular season are not when they most need Klay.

Other than directly burning out your best player in Stephen Curry.

I don't see how this logic computes. Guy has had 2 and half years off and by all means is medically cleared to play.

What is this song and dance the warriors are doing with him warming up before the games in his jersey, only to sit on the bench once the games start? Just corny and cringe as F at this point. If you're good enough to do that, you should be good enough to play.

Bet any money if contracts weren't guaranteed in this league, Klay would be out there right now. I think its about time he gets out there and starts to help his teammates out a little. Him doing suicides in an empty gym is helping no one, especially considering the team is shorthanded. Is there not wear and tear from workouts?

Must be nice to get paid for 2 and half years while doing nothing to earn that money. I'll never be on board with the logic that players need to be babied while making millions of million dollars. It just doesn't compute to me.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#10 » by michaelm » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:46 pm

TwoStarz wrote:
michaelm wrote:

I don't see how this logic computes. Guy has had 2 and half years off and by all means is medically cleared to play.

What is this song and dance the warriors are doing with him warming up before the games in his jersey, only to sit on the bench once the games start? Just corny and cringe as F at this point. If you're good enough to do that, you should be good enough to play.

Bet any money if contracts weren't guaranteed in this league, Klay would be out there right now. I think its about time he gets out there and starts to help his teammates out a little. Him doing suicides in an empty gym is helping no one, especially considering the team is shorthanded. Is there not wear and tear from workouts?

Must be nice to get paid for 2 and half years while doing nothing to earn that money. I'll never be on board with the logic that players need to be babied while making millions of million dollars. It just doesn't compute to me.

He also had two of the worst injuries for a basketball player in the service of GSW the whole chain of events starting when he played with an injured hamstring in an attempt to win a title.

II very strongly suspect both that the date of Klay’s return is not down to him and that the attitude of GSW is to protect the rest of their investment in him.But sure his return in some sort of form will lessen the burden on Curry and change how opposing teams can defend him.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#11 » by and1GS » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:28 pm

This is one of the worst takes I have ever seen on this forum. And we went through a period where we were divided on if Monta or Steph was the better player.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TwoStarz
Analyst

Post#12 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:31 pm

michaelm wrote:
TwoStarz wrote:
michaelm wrote:Best record in the NBA does not equate to Klay must come back immediately for most. The dog days of the regular season are not when they most need Klay.

He also had two of the worst injuries for a basketball player in the service of GSW the whole chain of events starting when he played with an injured hamstring in an attempt to win a title.

II very strongly suspect both that the date of Klay’s return is not down to him and that the attitude of GSW is to protect the rest of their investment in him.But sure his return in some sort of form will lessen the burden on Curry and change how opposing teams can defend him.

I just want to know how they are protecting their investment? Does practicing, running up and down the court not cause wear and tear? Sure maybe not as extreme as a game, but there is also 0 return on investment for each game he sits, while also possibly destroying their other investment (Much more valuable investment) in the process. If he was physically incapable of going, i'd get it.

All that, and Klay could still get hurt in his first game on the court.

Holding him out to get his conditioning seems just bogus to me. Everyone knows you don't get into game shape without actually playing games.

Maybe I'm just wired differently, but I am growing tired of this babied era of basketball players.
TwoStarz
Analyst

Post#13 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:37 pm

and1GS wrote:

This is one of the worst takes I have ever seen on this forum. And we went through a period where we were divided on if Monta or Steph was the better player.

Why is that? What part of that wasn't factual? Has he not been making 30 plus a year for 2 and half years while not providing any on court value?

I'm sorry, I don't get emotionally attached to players like that. He got injured twice and that sucks for him but people have it MUCH worse, so don't expect any sympathy beyond this from me. If you are being paid big bucks (which he has been the past two years), you will surely be scrutinized for your play or lack thereof. Availability is part of the game last time I checked and Klay simply hasn't been available for his teammates over the last 2 and half years, even if the reason were out of his control.

It's fair to wonder when he will join the team at this point. Or just stop with corny pre-game workouts. No ones cares about that.

You consider it a bad take all you want, it's actually what has happened.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#14 » by and1GS » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:39 pm

Do you want the board to explain rehab and physical therapy to you? Or how over-compensation due to weakened support muscles works?

This isn't even a basketball discussion. It's common sense and something anybody learns in rehab...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TwoStarz
Analyst

Post#15 » by TwoStarz » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:55 pm

and1GS wrote:Do you want the board to explain rehab and physical therapy to you? Or how over-compensation due to weakened support muscles works?

This isn't even a basketball discussion. It's common sense and something anybody learns in rehab...

LOOOOL. And you had the audacity to call my take bad?

I'd actually love for you to explain to me how rehab, physical therapy, and muscle imbalances work and then relate it all back to the current Klay Situation.

So now rehab and physical therapy are common sense? Good to now. Look at you, trying so hard to put me down that you made yourself look like a fool in the process.

I do understand how rehab and physical therapy works, having actually gone through it myself. Do you know what a typical recovery from an Achilles injury is? On average patients takes 8-12 months, with 12 being the higher end. Klay is approaching 14 months here. Do you know that when you rehab for the second time, its actually better than your first because you've developed strength in weaker muscles that you may have never isolated before in training and you become better at isolating and target muscle groups (or at least should in theory). Actually Klay has actually referred to this before.

So what does being medically cleared to play mean then to you? I'm sure he wouldn't be medically cleared to play if he still had muscle imbalances, but maybe you know more insider information than I do.

Maybe your little side piece rant "this take sucks!" would make more sense if warriors hadn't themselves said that Klay is SPECIFICALLY out to get his CONDITIONING BACK because they want him to play starter minutes from the get go. To which I say, you don't get into game shape by sitting on the pine. That, or someone is lying here.

I don't think its unreasonable to start asking when this guy will be back, considering how much of the cap he has held up the last two years and a half. I don't mean to bash the guy, but it is what is.

Some of y'all are hella sensitive around here.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#16 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:20 pm

I don't know that Curry's shooting numbers are a direct result of the rotation. Seems more likely it's that he's double and triple teamed all the time.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#17 » by Samurai » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I don't know that Curry's shooting numbers are a direct result of the rotation. Seems more likely it's that he's double and triple teamed all the time.

Hopefully you're right. Because adding Klay to the lineup should make it harder for teams to double and triple team Steph as much. I'm very anxious to see what a lineup with Steph, Klay and Wiggins can do.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#18 » by Impuniti » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:It was an adorable little experiment from Kerr. If the intention was to lose at a significantly higher rate than before the rotations were changed.

The Warriors have the best record in the entire league.

And they were 10-1 before this started. What do you think is better, 10-1 or 17-6?
Scoots1994 wrote:I don't know that Curry's shooting numbers are a direct result of the rotation. Seems more likely it's that he's double and triple teamed all the time.

He was guarded more heavily last season than he is this year, so this is not it. A big issue is that he's missing open 3s at an alarming rate and his numbers near the rim are the worst in around a decade.

I want to reiterate that I don't know if him going back to his career rotation where his rhythm isn't randomly **** when he goes in and out is going to fix his shooting/scoring. I just don't see the downside of it. Kerr recently stated the team is better but Steph isn't due to the new rotations, but the team has been losing games at a far bigger rate than before he made the change. What statistics is he finding that shows this, outside of pulling them straight out of his ass to justify his meaningless and negative change?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#19 » by HiRez » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Never thought I'd see so much hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing about a 27-7 team...

But anyway, I'm guessing Klay will make his debut on Jan. 18 vs. Detroit, being the worst team in the league (including the 3rd worst opponent 3P%), a nice tender opponent to feast on, and at the start of a 7-game home stand. No one wants to see him back more than me but it's not that far away guys and we're doing fine without him. We're gonna likely drop a few games because of Draymond being out but that was unavoidable and every other team in the league is going to have their turn with Omicron too.

Then we can start grousing about Wiseman.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#20 » by WarriorGM » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Still not too concerned with the rotation if the last game is anything to go by. Curry was missing things early in the game and was back to 40% from three in the second half. That suggests something like adjusting in the wake of Draymond's absence was probably having more of an effect. My main concern is that Curry seems to be averaging more minutes with this rotation and not less. 39 minutes this game.

Return to Golden State Warriors