GT #34, Cavaliers @ Pelicans, 28 December 2021, 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 243

Re: GT #34, Cavaliers @ Pelicans, 28 December 2021, 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by cavs4872 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:26 am

Bad audio mixing. Assuming AC and John Michael aren't there.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:28 am

K. Love is just a different player with Rubio. It's like night and day.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#4 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:30 am

jbk1234 wrote:CLECaus is just a different franchise with Rubio. It's like night and day.
Fixat.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:05 am

Lauri really needs to dunk the ball instead of trying to lay it up. I like him, but when he plays soft like that, he drives me nuts.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:19 am

Ricky hurts his knee.

We can't ever have nice things.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:27 am

Now we're in trouble.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#8 » by TheLand13 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:25 am

Cleveland will have to reevaluate how they proceed the rest of the season if Rubio's injury is in fact an ACL tear.

Trading for Levert suddenly makes a lot more sense, but he doesn't come close to filling the void that Rubio leaves. And I just don't like the idea of trading for Simmons even if he does provide you with more playmaking and elite defense due to what you'd have to give up just to get him. Truth be told, this is simply going to be one of those injuries that this team is not going to be able to recover from for this season and will have to find a way to fill the void elsewhere. I should be more devastated by this, but I'm honestly not. I am devastated for Ricky Rubio and what this means for him and his career in general. But I'm excited by the fact that the Cavaliers could lose someone as brilliant as him to injury, and it doesn't mean all hope is lost. Cavaliers still have a very bright future ahead of them, and great pieces to build around.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. stra 

Post#9 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:29 am

elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation. strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain, elongation, strain
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#10 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:08 am

I guess we can trade him if he's out for the year.

Players we maybe could trade for in a 1 for 1 Rubio + Pick(s)

Buddy Hield(+2 more years descending)
Harrison Barnes(+1 year descending $$)
Tim Hardaway Jr(+3 years descending)
Fred Van Vleet(unlikely) 1 year plus 1 player option
Goran Dragic(expiring, wtf is going on here?)-could be easiest to obtain tbh
Bogdan Bogdonvic(1 year 1 player option)
Caris Levert(1 more year after this)
Gary Trent(1 year 1 player option)
Norman Powell(4 more years remaining)
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#11 » by Revenged25 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:20 pm

This wasn't our year to win it all anyways. It would actually be best for the Cavs to keep Rubio, especially if he's out for the year, and look to resign him and Sexton to reasonable deals. Both fill specific roles the Cavs need/lack and would be hard to find elsewhere. At most they should be looking to move guys that won't be able to make the consistent rotation/depth like Valentine/Windler to get someone that can come in and do so potentially long term if locked up on a reasonable deal like Reddish.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#12 » by JonFromVA » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Revenged25 wrote:This wasn't our year to win it all anyways. It would actually be best for the Cavs to keep Rubio, especially if he's out for the year, and look to resign him and Sexton to reasonable deals. Both fill specific roles the Cavs need/lack and would be hard to find elsewhere. At most they should be looking to move guys that won't be able to make the consistent rotation/depth like Valentine/Windler to get someone that can come in and do so potentially long term if locked up on a reasonable deal like Reddish.

Well, while I'm not a fan, apparently the Cavs do like Ben Simmons. A trade for him using pieces that can't play this year as filler may seem like a path to keeping the Cavs in contention to the FO. I just wonder how close Morey is to throwing in the towel. If he still hopes to rescue his season he won't have much use for players that can't play.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#13 » by Revenged25 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:04 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:This wasn't our year to win it all anyways. It would actually be best for the Cavs to keep Rubio, especially if he's out for the year, and look to resign him and Sexton to reasonable deals. Both fill specific roles the Cavs need/lack and would be hard to find elsewhere. At most they should be looking to move guys that won't be able to make the consistent rotation/depth like Valentine/Windler to get someone that can come in and do so potentially long term if locked up on a reasonable deal like Reddish.

Well, while I'm not a fan, apparently the Cavs do like Ben Simmons. A trade for him using pieces that can't play this year as filler may seem like a path to keeping the Cavs in contention to the FO. I just wonder how close Morey is to throwing in the towel. If he still hopes to rescue his season he won't have much use for players that can't play.

I don't think the Cavs are actually still buyers for Simmons. Maybe before Garland took that next step as a creator/opportunistic scorer, but now it's just not a good fit.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#14 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:26 am

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I don't think the Cavs are actually still buyers for Simmons. Maybe before Garland took that next step as a creator/opportunistic scorer, but now it's just not a good fit.

Oh, I think pairing the two Klutch clients makes sense; but it's still clunky to work in a player who can't shoot and won't play PF or C with our pair of bigs.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#15 » by Revenged25 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:04 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Oh, I think pairing the two Klutch clients makes sense; but it's still clunky to work in a player who can't shoot and won't play PF or C with our pair of bigs.

I think acquiring players based on who their agents are, not how they fit, is really stupid personally unless said agent is going to give them a massive team discount on all contracts.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#16 » by JonFromVA » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I think acquiring players based on who their agents are, not how they fit, is really stupid personally unless said agent is going to give them a massive team discount on all contracts.

Nah, that wasn't the only reason it would work. While Simmons is a path to making Sexton at PG viable, Garland is just easier to fit period. He's a better shooter than Sexton, a better half-court initiator, and is already showing he can play off another play-maker.

Even with Rubio out and even if the price comes down, I'm still not fond of trading for a player that would rather go home and pout than issue a short statement and keep on playing. I fear he could be poison to our budding team chemistry, and his lack of shooting is always going to cause problems and I fear he'd want the "LeBron treatment" if he played here.

But the Cavs might be thinking he could keep us on the playoff hunt this year and solidify the core they want moving forward, or perhaps even see him as a depressed asset who's value they can recoup by simply getting him back on the floor again. I'd like to think GM's aren't so stupid as to judge a player's entire value on a single botched play. So, even in that best case - there may not be a lot to recoup unless someone can get him shooting. It's just hard for me to believe that separating him from Embiid unlocks him, so much as takes the pressure off him.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers