Laker fan. Myles Turner trade?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,165

Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:56 am

never really post on other team forums.

But I'm curious to know If there is anyone outside of OUR BIG so called 3 that you guys would want for Myles Turner, he has been linked to Lakers for a while now and I quite like him, but mostly because he would take a load off "Mr Soft" AD and allow him to play the 4 easily ...

Any realistic options out there that you guys would want? ... I doubt Lakers would trade Bron/AD so they off the books, Westbrook contract probably too much?

Mostly leaves THT + others to get deal done??
Bring back Defense
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#2 » by Vorda » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 am

Ok, you have nothing to give... by
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#3 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:11 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:...he has been linked to Lakers for a while now...

Linked by whom? Must be LA sports types. Certainly no one around Indiana. That is one team I never hear (or see) mentioned.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Tom White wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:...he has been linked to Lakers for a while now...

Linked by whom? Must be LA sports types. Certainly no one around Indiana. That is one team I never hear (or see) mentioned.

The only link is that an LA forum took Scott Agness’ report that the Lakers had interest in trying to acquire Turner last year, and then they misreported it as “Lakers we’re in discussion to acquire Turner this year”, which Agness struck down.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner tra 

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:24 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:never really post on other team forums.

But I'm curious to know If there is anyone outside of OUR BIG so called 3 that you guys would want for Myles Turner, he has been linked to Lakers for a while now and I quite like him, but mostly because he would take a load off "Mr Soft" AD and allow him to play the 4 easily ...

Any realistic options out there that you guys would want? ... I doubt Lakers would trade Bron/AD so they off the books, Westbrook contract probably too much?

Mostly leaves THT + others to get deal done??

Legally, you’d have to deal THT and Nunn just for salary matching, but that’s nowhere close. Your only other player asset is maybe Reaves? In terms of draft picks, you can only guarantee that you can trade one future first in 2027 at this point of time. That’s just not a deal that Indy is likely to consider in any way.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,246

Post#6 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:03 am

We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#7 » by JRoy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:13 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:

So glad I am not alone in this observation.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:27 pm

JRoy wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:

Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#9 » by JRoy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.

‘Cause LAL
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#10 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans
JRoy
RealGM

Post#11 » by JRoy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:19 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans

I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”
Edrees wrote:

Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#12 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:13 am

JRoy wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”

Knicks fans think they can get anyone they want because everyone dreams of being in NYC and playing in MSG.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:45 pm

Adrian Street wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:

I disagree.

Knicks fans think they can get anyone they want because everyone dreams of being in NYC and playing in MSG.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.

With the Knicks, I think it is more the NY media feeding it. Crap tabloids like The Post, for example.

I think with the Celtics, it seemed to me that it was primarily Danny Ainge.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

With the Knicks, I think it is more the NY media feeding it. Crap tabloids like The Post, for example.

I think with the Celtics, it seemed to me that it was primarily Danny Ainge putting stuff out there.
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#16 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 pm

Yeah it is mostly the media with the Knicks. Some of the fans pick up the media attitude, thinking back to when they thought Reggie Miller would leave for NY at the first chance. Also, overheard a Knicks fan recently saying the Knicks might trade Randle or Barrett for Sabonis just to punish them by making them play in Indy.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#17 » by Topofthekey » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:
JRoy wrote:
I disagree.

I feel the fan base of other teams, like 76ers, Celtics, Heat, Raptors, etc are worse right now
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Adrian Street wrote:....they thought Reggie Miller would leave for NY at the first chance.

Reggie wanted to be a Knick so bad he could taste it. But instead, the Knicks signed Allan Houston, who was six years younger, and just as good a scorer. Don't fall for all the "loyalty" stuff he likes to spout out. If the Knicks had not signed Houston, Reggie was gone.

Return to Indiana Pacers