And1: 695

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Clippers @ Boston Celtics : Dec 29 4:30 PM PCT 

Post#42 » by Goner » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:38 am

esqtvd wrote:Bledsoe a team-best plus+24

all the G-Leaguers were in the minus

Coffey a not-bad plus/minus-0 in a desperately-needed 28 minutes
we probably lose if we have to play Winslow or some of the others

Winslow-Moon-Keon a combined 1-for-11 :roll:

Keon took two shots and went 2 for 2 from the line for four points- this is a stellar 82% TS. Yeah, TS isn't a relevant figure for a player that took two shots, but it's still a better representation than combining him with the worst shooters on the floor.

edit: wanted to emphasize your point about Bledsoe as some people forget to pay attention to defense.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,085

Post#43 » by LamarWho » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:51 am

Good to see Kennard getting back on track after 3 subpar games. He's shooting close to 50% from 3s in December.

MMSr continued to show consistency. We are gonna need that in January.

Ibaka was unwatchable tonight. Can't wait to see Hart back in the lineup.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#44 » by Kelphus » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:33 am

Very nice win, and needed win.

Bledsoe at times reminded me when he was a rookie or 2d year guy with Clippers, he would dribble himself out of the ball... he did it once or twice tonight.

Gotta love Morris (23), Kennard (17), Mann (17) and Bledsoe (17)(in spite of old ways at times)

The several times Celtics had FOUR attempts at same possession, that drives me nuts. And thank goodness the Celtics never figured out they can't shoot treys. I think they wound up at less than 10% as team on long distance (whew).
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#45 » by Kelphus » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:34 am

OH, and the cherry on the sundae for me is that while we had a quality win with a bunch of 2d and 3d teamers, the fLakers lost ... ah, I'll sleep like a baby.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,218

Post#46 » by Clemenza » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 am

Wow on the other side of the court Jaylen Brown was 13/36 with 0 assists.. Yuck! Hopefully PG gets a little more appreciation around here when he comes back. I mostly rip him for his bad turnovers but its not easy trying to put up big points and defend on a nightly basis.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:20 am

Goner wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Bledsoe a team-best plus+24

all the G-Leaguers were in the minus

Coffey a not-bad plus/minus-0 in a desperately-needed 28 minutes
we probably lose if we have to play Winslow or some of the others

Winslow-Moon-Keon a combined 1-for-11 :roll:

Keon took two shots and went 2 for 2 from the line for four points- this is a stellar 82% TS. Yeah, TS isn't a relevant figure for a player that took two shots, but it's still a better representation than combining him with the worst shooters on the floor.

edit: wanted to emphasize your point about Bledsoe as some people forget to pay attention to defense.

We are basically in agreement--but Keon was minus-10 in only 8 minutes. That's why Ty pulled the plug right quick. Plus/minus isn't everything but once you get to double digits, it's just confirmation of any intelligent eye test. Especially the Coach's.

That's why moronic comments like this are :spam:

Bledsoe is unwatchable.

Why "fan" eye tests are GARBAGE. Bledsoe was PLUS+24, our MVP tonight. And Keon is not nearly ready yet. Ty is giving the kids minutes and STILL keeping us in every game. And BTW Ibaka was a team-worst MINUS-12 with FOUR turnovers in only 9 minutes. Ty has to get Serge back on the beam too.

And we still won. ON THE ROAD. TY was our MVP tonight :-D
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#48 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:51 am

Kelphus wrote:OH, and the cherry on the sundae for me is that while we had a quality win with a bunch of 2d and 3d teamers, the fLakers lost ... ah, I'll sleep like a baby.

I'm East Coast Philly hardcore. Rooting against your most hated rivals is almost as much fun. I'll tune into a Cowboy game or a Mets game or a Laker game ANYTIME.

In fact I have the Lakers replay on right now bro
they're up 83-70

:rofl2:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#49 » by nickhx2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:15 pm

not sure when we get reggie or batum back but boy could we use them. i thought winslow was showing off some good things once he got plugged back into the rotation but his last couple games have been bad. he's gone away from hitting random 3s to trying to finish at the rim and it's ruining his time on the court. keon's shooting relatively decently but he's not quite there on defensive rotations and he doesn't do anything else noteworthy, so those guys shouldn't be getting too many minutes as of right now. given johnson's athleticism i'm surprised he's not being put into more of an attacker/board crasher type role where he just goes after every loose ball and tries to mash his way to the rim.

serge was terrible last night but that was his one bad game out of some pretty decent ones over the last few, so i'm not really worried about him. wouldn't be surprised to see lue play both him and hart at the same time given the need for depth this coming month.

fwiw the team looked really gassed throughout the entire 4th, like not even just by the end. pretty worried we're gonna lose games just on exhaustion alone, but we've barely started the trip lol. again, reinforcements can't come soon enough.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#50 » by clipsfever » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Reggie is cleared from the protocols and should be available for the next game if his conditioning is there.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#51 » by nickhx2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:48 pm

wouldn't be surprised to see him on a minute restriction, like morris
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#52 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:16 pm

I actually thought the young guys played like … young guys. Good and bad, with enough flashes to show why they’re considered to have potential.

Put it this way. In my other post, I wrote about, in a way, I'm looking forward to this and having those young guys try to step up. That’s because we’ve got something we didn’t expect—maybe I didn’t expect—us to have … a fairly good core of players 25 and under, with a good chunk of them under 22. If this whole Covid, injury attack season had happened in the last year of Lob City, we would have had Sam Dekker, Tyrone Wallace, Jawun Evans, C.J. Williams, and Willie Reed as the low rotation/bench players being asked to produce. (And that’s putting Wesley Johnson and Sindarius in the “Starter” group. :-o :-o ) Compare that to Hartenstein, Winslow, Boston, Johnson and (take your pick) Scrubb or Coffey. Our “kids” now are actually kids; Winslow is the “old man” of that group at 25. That’s not counting Kennard, Mann, and Zu, who are starting and legit NBA high rotation players.

Somehow, during the screaming about the lost draft picks for Paul George, we got younger. And that gives us trade leverage or future players. Keon Johnson is 19 years old. Brandon Boston just turned 20. Scrubb is 21. Jason Preston hasn’t seen the court yet for us; he’s 22. Are all those guys going to become NBA players? Hell no. Most them? Probably not. A couple of them? Now it gets interesting.

And it gets interesting because—again, kind of shockingly, Hartenstein is 23. Zu is 24. Kennard and Mann are both 25. (So is Winslow, but people have him on their **** lists, so I’ll keep him out.) And those guy are NBA players—legitimate, mid to high rotation players. In other words, we’ve got 100 minutes a game being played pretty competently by guys 25 and under, and a second group of guys that are a few years younger than that that get the chance to make their NBA bones right now. So last night, with a bunch of young players playing well, and some of the really young players being pretty good to crappy, was still great.

If we had only drafted Ayo Dosunmu! :wink:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers