ImageImageImageImageImage

Updated salary situation for 2021-2022.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mapka
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Updated salary situation for 2021-2022. 

Post#221 » by mapka » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Indeed wrote:
mapka wrote:
Indeed wrote:
At the end, players aren't making a 10% paycut, as my understanding.
To me, I don't think Dragic is taking more than 2m off in our case.

As longer it takes, as less will he give back. Until there has to be any trade just to not look as you have feckud it up. But I can also understand to keep him in, at least to ´til everybody is tradeable.

It was Dragic who wants to be traded to Dallas, it doesn't mean Toronto wants to trade him to Dallas, please understand that fact.

His expiring may attach with Boucher / Flynn or even Trent to acquire for an upgrade. He is more a filler than we are expecting him to have value on his own. We are holding him for a bigger contract than you think he can be traded by himself.

I think it´s the other way around, Dragic just wanted to be buyed out and Toronto wanted to trade him. They tought Dallas would give something up to get him, but we just couldn´t. Now he is a salary filler waiting on your bench, that´s exactly why he said, what he said.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#222 » by Chandan » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:59 am

10giz wrote:Svi, Birch and Yuta are all tremendous values for what they provide and make combined lesss than Josh Richardson or Dwight Powell alone.

put some respek on Josh Richardson's name.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#223 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 pm

Chandan wrote:
10giz wrote:Svi, Birch and Yuta are all tremendous values for what they provide and make combined lesss than Josh Richardson or Dwight Powell alone.

put some respek on Josh Richardson's name.

He's the literal definition of a replacement player.
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#224 » by Mascot » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:15 pm

I just think of dragics contract as if we are paying precious 8.5 million a year for 3 years. Seems fine then.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#225 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:31 pm

We buy out Dragic for 2 million less, does the 2 come of the cap to leave us comfortably under the tax?
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#226 » by Indeed » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:26 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:We buy out Dragic for 2 million less, does the 2 come of the cap to leave us comfortably under the tax?

We are already under the tax by 1m
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#227 » by LarSiN » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:We buy out Dragic for 2 million less, does the 2 come of the cap to leave us comfortably under the tax?

I could be wrong, but I don't think buyouts bring the cap number down, the hit is the hit regardless
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
Indeed
RealGM

Post#228 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:44 am

LarSiN wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don't think buyouts bring the cap number down, the hit is the hit regardless

Depends how much Dragic will be signed (and how much he agrees to the buyout).
Kemba Walker agreed for less money on the buyout, plus he got a 9m contract. The 9m contract which translates to (9m - vet min) / 2 = around 3.5m reduced on OKC cap.

But I doubt Dragic will get that much.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#229 » by douggood » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:06 pm

Indeed wrote:
LarSiN wrote:

Depends how much Dragic will be signed (and how much he agrees to the buyout).
Kemba Walker agreed for less money on the buyout, plus he got a 9m contract. The 9m contract which translates to (9m - vet min) / 2 = around 3.5m reduced on OKC cap.

But I doubt Dragic will get that much.

there is no offset based on Kemba new contract. just the buyout.
he gave up 20 mil salary, apx 9.5 mil this year and 10.5 next year, that is the only reduction to okc cap.

okc didnt get more cap room based on what kemba signed.

you only get a small offset if you release a player and they sign with another team; but if you buyout a player, what ever the buyout amount, thats it.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#230 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:39 am

We really should find a way to extract value from the Dragic contract. That's ~19m that we could use on our bench. Still don't understand why Dallas doesn't really have what we need, Josh green would be nice but he can't shoot, might just be a righty Yuta with less spacing but more playmaking... Powell would get all of bouchers minutes but he's more of a 5 than a 4

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Indeed
RealGM

Post#231 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:18 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:We really should find a way to extract value from the Dragic contract. That's ~19m that we could use on our bench. Still don't understand why Dallas doesn't really have what we need, Josh green would be nice but he can't shoot, might just be a righty Yuta with less spacing but more playmaking... Powell would get all of bouchers minutes but he's more of a 5 than a 4

Dragic doesn't have much value, and I really prefer to keep him as an expiring based on our salary situation next year. Just like Baynes last year, he has no value.

If we are to trade for someone, it would be an upgrade with someone who is already playing some minutes. Dragic would be filler for salary matching.

Instead of thinking we need to trade our junk for something, I think we should have a target first. Who do we want, what position do we want, what skill set do we want. Trading for someone who doesn't fill our need may not make us any better.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#232 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:30 am

Indeed wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:We really should find a way to extract value from the Dragic contract. That's ~19m that we could use on our bench. Still don't understand why Dallas doesn't really have what we need, Josh green would be nice but he can't shoot, might just be a righty Yuta with less spacing but more playmaking... Powell would get all of bouchers minutes but he's more of a 5 than a 4

Dragic doesn't have much value, and I really prefer to keep him as an expiring based on our salary situation next year. Just like Baynes last year, he has no value.

If we are to trade for someone, it would be an upgrade with someone who is already playing some minutes. Dragic would be filler for salary matching.

Instead of thinking we need to trade our junk for something, I think we should have a target first. Who do we want, what position do we want, what skill set do we want. Trading for someone who doesn't fill our need may not make us any better.

I'm more into asset accumulation right now, his ~19 isn't going to be on the books next year like you said and it's not like we are a cap team next year even with his deal and other expiring. If we could've gotten something for Baynes last year, then we would've. I'm hoping maybe we can get something for Dragic this year. Anything is better than nothing if it doesn't make us a tax paying team

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Indeed
RealGM

Post#233 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:56 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Indeed wrote:

I'm more into asset accumulation right now, his ~19 isn't going to be on the books next year like you said and it's not like we are a cap team next year even with his deal and other expiring. If we could've gotten something for Baynes last year, then we would've. I'm hoping maybe we can get something for Dragic this year. Anything is better than nothing if it doesn't make us a tax paying team

I understand we want to get something, but I rather get the right thing than another Dragic.
For example, people wish to trade Dragic to Dallas for something, while Powell would be included, and he could be another Dragic in a smaller contract.

I rather let Dragic expire and use it to re-sign Watanabe and may have the full MLE to spend as well.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#234 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:18 pm

Just my 0.02 on the cap situation.
If all things move forward without any trades we end up in that unenviable situation where you are over the cap by a bit but under the tax by miles.

Ideally for me, I would like to move Dragic / Boucher for some salary next season either w/ light sweetener or someone who fills a need.

Enough to keep us under the tax and be able to use the full MLE and sign our FRP so that we have some salary ballast tied to non-core pieces if we end up needing to make a larger deal.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#235 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:49 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Just my 0.02 on the cap situation.
If all things move forward without any trades we end up in that unenviable situation where you are over the cap by a bit but under the tax by miles.

Ideally for me, I would like to move Dragic / Boucher for some salary next season either w/ light sweetener or someone who fills a need.

Enough to keep us under the tax and be able to use the full MLE and sign our FRP so that we have some salary ballast tied to non-core pieces if we end up needing to make a larger deal.

Yes this is the direction we should take.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#236 » by bluerap23 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 2:10 pm

Preliminary look at 2022-2023
Mascot
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by Mascot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:57 pm

Goran Dragic $19,440,000
First Round Pick #19 - $2,485,100

Drew Eubanks $1,910,860
Thaddeus Young $14,190,000
2nd round pick - $925,258

so the raps save $3,339,140 this year and $1,559,842 next season with this trade. Trade was all about saving money along with getting another defensive PF with long arms.
10giz
Senior
And1: 661

Post#238 » by 10giz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:11 pm

Can anyone confirm the following as I’ve seen it in a few places.

Basically this trade would allow us to re-sign Boucher + Young this summer + have access to tbe full MLE.

This in addition to the 2nd received.
Mascot
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by Mascot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:16 pm

10giz wrote:Can anyone confirm the following as I’ve seen it in a few places.

Basically this trade would allow us to re-sign Boucher + Young this summer + have access to tbe full MLE.

Boucher for like $10 million at most.
we wont re-sign Young but we could
Re-sign Yuta maybe
Will have the full MLE available and still be about 8-10 million still under the tax
10giz
Senior
And1: 661

Post#240 » by 10giz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Mascot wrote:
10giz wrote:Can anyone confirm the following as I’ve seen it in a few places.

Boucher for like $10 million at most.
we wont re-sign Young but we could
Re-sign Yuta maybe
Will have the full MLE available and still be about 8-10 million still under the tax

So realistically - the primary benefit of this deal is it allows us to basically keep our current bench + sign another using the MLE and the draft pick.

Not so bad when you look at it from that perspective. Definitely not sexy, but there's absolutely pragmatism to it.

Return to Toronto Raptors