?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Re: Game 36 vs Chicago 3pm 

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:53 pm

ducler wrote:[snip]

Bless you for even trying to get these Covid lineups right. This has gotta be insanely tough right now.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:43 pm

I saw only last 8 minutes of the game. Valiant effort down the stretch especially rebounding by Sabonis and Brissett. Kinda surprised that Turner wasn’t in the last couple of minutes instead of Craig regardless of 5 fouls. Once again last possession Pacers couldn’t get a good look. Bulls executed and Pacers didn’t when game was on the line.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 pm

Watched a few minutes at the beginning and then the end when football went to halftime. Hard to feel bad about taking another step toward the lottery.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#7 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:34 pm

Wizop wrote:Watched a few minutes at the beginning and then the end when football went to halftime. Have dto feel bad about taking another step toward the lottery.

The lottery might be the best win this season if they don’t screw up and win games and not make the play in game even. :lol:
Wizop
RealGM

Post#8 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:39 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:Watched a few minutes at the beginning and then the end when football went to halftime. Have dto feel bad about taking another step toward the lottery.

The lottery might be the best win this season if they don’t screw up and win games and not make the play in game even.
Agree. Spell checker got me. I edited my post to change have to to hard to

Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:55 am

Half the house cheering after the gamewinner.

Good health to everyone and a difference maker for the Pacers.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:41 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I saw only last 8 minutes of the game. Valiant effort down the stretch especially rebounding by Sabonis and Brissett. Kinda surprised that Turner wasn’t in the last couple of minutes instead of Craig regardless of 5 fouls. Once again last possession Pacers couldn’t get a good look. Bulls executed and Pacers didn’t when game was on the line.

Honestly, the Pacers executed much better late than the Bulls did. They were getting rebounds, loose balls, etc. I’m the last two, Levert got a little ball dominant, but that also seems to be a Carlisle thing every game where the lead ball handler is asked to slow down the game.

Ultimately, DeRozan made up for it by hitting a huge shot. They didn’t really execute so much as just got a lucky shot to go down. They forgot to call timeout, they didn’t get a play run, and they lost track of time, but DDR got a tough one to fall.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#11 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 1, 2022 2:16 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I saw only last 8 minutes of the game. Valiant effort down the stretch especially rebounding by Sabonis and Brissett. Kinda surprised that Turner wasn’t in the last couple of minutes instead of Craig regardless of 5 fouls. Once again last possession Pacers couldn’t get a good look. Bulls executed and Pacers didn’t when game was on the line.

Honestly, the Pacers executed much better late than the Bulls did. They were getting rebounds, loose balls, etc. I’m the last two, Levert got a little ball dominant, but that also seems to be a Carlisle thing every game where the lead ball handler is asked to slow down the game.

Ultimately, DeRozan made up for it by hitting a huge shot. They didn’t really execute so much as just got a lucky shot to go down. They forgot to call timeout, they didn’t get a play run, and they lost track of time, but DDR got a tough one to fall.

Ok chalk it up to luck but winning teams have good things happen. Pacers this year are not good or they would have closed the Bulls out after taking a 5 point lead (I believe) in the last minutes but left the door open with poor possessions thus Derozan hit the winner.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#12 » by 8305 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 10:49 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

I thought we played harder than the Bulls. Wonder if this one came down to, they are having a good season and expect to win somehow. We put in the good effort yet expect something bad to happen in the end.

I’m probably piling on. Looking at the box score it’s hard to fault Caris Levert in this game. Yet in the last minutes on generally he’s got the ball and ends up taking several tough unsuccessful shots. Wouldn’t we rather have the ball in Sabonis hands? Is that the coach?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#13 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:45 pm

Brissett was good in this game

Once again, I think that the problem with LeVert is he's being asked/allowed to do too much. He'd probably be a 6moty candidate if they brought him off the bench to run the 2nd unit
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:11 pm

8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I thought we played harder than the Bulls. Wonder if this one came down to, they are having a good season and expect to win somehow. We put in the good effort yet expect something bad to happen in the end.

I’m probably piling on. Looking at the box score it’s hard to fault Caris Levert in this game. Yet in the last minutes on generally he’s got the ball and ends up taking several tough unsuccessful shots. Wouldn’t we rather have the ball in Sabonis hands? Is that the coach?

I’m starting to think it’s simply part of the Carlisle program. We’ve had complaints about Brogdon, Levert, and even Wannamaker holding the ball late and slowing the offense down to milk clock. I’m wondering if it by design, or habit. He used to do it with Luka. We don’t have a Luka.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 1, 2022 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM

Post#16 » by Wizop » Sat Jan 1, 2022 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=8GrtINgbk4P1VVXil-2krQ&s=19

Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#17 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:01 am

I have to agree that the Bulls probably fouled the Pacers/LeVert in the last two minutes as the announcers were also stating that there could/should have been foul calls made.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#18 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:07 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I have to agree that the Bulls probably fouled the Pacers/LeVert in the last two minutes as the announcers were also stating that there could/should have been foul calls made.
I really don't understand why they have a two minute report without telling officials not to swallow their whistles. The notion that officials shouldn't decide the game doesn't hold water as no calls as well as calls can change the result.

Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#19 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 2, 2022 3:20 am

Wizop wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I have to agree that the Bulls probably fouled the Pacers/LeVert in the last two minutes as the announcers were also stating that there could/should have been foul calls made.
I really don't understand why they have a two minute report without telling officials not to swallow their whistles. The notion that officials shouldn't decide the game doesn't hold water as no calls as well as calls can change the result.

I’ve always thought any level of basketball games should be refereed consistently start to finish. Too many times I’ve witnessed the NBA refs appear to affect the outcome of games down the stretch by either star treatment calls which I oppose the most or lack of calls which is a little easier to take than the ridiculous calls Jordan and others used to get.

I’m almost to the point of believing that the referees lean a bit towards favoring the better record team in each matchup down the stretch.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#20 » by ducler » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
ducler wrote:[snip]

Bless you for even trying to get these Covid lineups right. This has gotta be insanely tough right now.

I can confirm that this is an everyday nightmare. Hope it will stabilized a bit soon so we can take a breath.

Return to Indiana Pacers