ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 37 Thread - Kings (15-21) vs Mavericks (16-18)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 37 Thread - Kings (15-21) vs Mavericks (16-18) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: Game 37 Thread - Kings (15-21) vs Mavericks (16-18) 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:01 pm

Looks like IT is out covid.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:04 am

It's so evident every game how hard sac has to work for buckets. nobody is ever cutting when the other team is staying home on shooters. Then the other team goes down for an easy layup

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:34 am

Playing Buddy and benching Davis who has been our best player (according to advanced stats) is absolutely mind blowing inexcusable.

This team barely beat a covid stricten okc/Dallas and now are about to lose to Dwight Powell. This is a 30 win team. Trash

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#5 » by Lost in LA » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:41 am

Really gave up after half time
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:01 am

Didn't know we had a game, but I'm turning into Fox 3-13 and -22....
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#7 » by Lost in LA » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:12 am

Trade time, tank please
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 1, 2022 2:37 am

Lost in LA wrote:Trade time, tank please

I think that's the overwhelming directive on social media, dont know how much longer they aren't going to listen to the fans. I think trade value may be halting some trades, but with performances like this from certain players, they may just need to change the aura in the locker room and take the hit on value. With the vets, dont know how many performances are going to go by before all the clowns realize nobody cares about the playin

I think we are 5 games and in from seeing change, I feel that
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#9 » by sacking123 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:50 am

BoogieTime wrote:

I think that's the overwhelming directive on social media, dont know how much longer they aren't going to listen to the fans. I think trade value may be halting some trades, but with performances like this from certain players, they may just need to change the aura in the locker room and take the hit on value. With the vets, dont know how many performances are going to go by before all the clowns realize nobody cares about the playin

Disappointing game apart from the first quarter.

I agree Boogie, we really should get a GM that goes onto Twitter after each game to evaluate direction. Come on man, be realistic, no one is listening to fans. FANS are too emotional. I won't say any more on that.
This is also a point that when you keep trying to speak Fox's value drop into existence, GMs don't look at players that way. Certainly not a 23/24 yo and say, was last year his peak? Is he on a downward spiral?
What they would be saying is how can we steal him from the Kings after a slow start.
The reality is, and Monte knows this, he had a slow start, then when he was getting out of it, coach sacked, then interim coach into protocols etc.
Monte will stay the course, he won't panic sell on any of the young guys and I can tell you now, Fox's value isn't anywhere near as low as you think.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:37 am

simonbampfield wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Disappointing game apart from the first quarter.

I agree Boogie, we really should get a GM that goes onto Twitter after each game to evaluate direction. Come on man, be realistic, no one is listening to fans. FANS are too emotional. I won't say any more on that.
This is also a point that when you keep trying to speak Fox's value drop into existence, GMs don't look at players that way. Certainly not a 23/24 yo and say, was last year his peak? Is he on a downward spiral?
What they would be saying is how can we steal him from the Kings after a slow start.
The reality is, and Monte knows this, he had a slow start, then when he was getting out of it, coach sacked, then interim coach into protocols etc.
Monte will stay the course, he won't panic sell on any of the young guys and I can tell you now, Fox's value isn't anywhere near as low as you think.

Bro, your a GM. You have an entire city's hopes and expectations, the wrong move and your toast.

Another GM calls you and offers a guard making the max, with negative advanced stats, who is bad defensively and doesn't stretch the floor.

He's had a questionable demeanor in the media downplaying his bad season.

and your going to take on his contract and sacrifice a lot of value to do so? I agree some will take a chance on him because of his past, but they will be looking for a low rate, but we may see

I think your thinking like the fan on the home team, or even a fan on RealGM where risk is infinite and you can speak on theory

As a GM, you have little room for error

On top of that, we're not talking about a player having a cold streak shooting. We're talking about the innate character of a player. Innate character's don't change

Who starts the year of a max contract statistically abominable and showing no emotion? And how do you think that character changes 2-3 seasons from now?

Motor isn't a changeable attribute. I got crap on another forum for calling the team to trade WCS after his second year because I sensed no motor, where is he. Where is D'Angelo Russell?
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#11 » by will » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:36 pm

Damn, this squad really got Alvin all the way effed up.

He ain't even joking either with his post-game comments.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#12 » by will » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:37 pm

Then again, everything starts from the top with Vivek. Blame the players. Blame the coach...one thing remains constant.

Return to Sacramento Kings