Re: Game 36: Los Angeles Clippers @ Toronto Raptors : Dec 31 4:30 PM PCT 

Post#22 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jan 1, 2022 2:55 am

January is going to be a nightmare.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,083

Post#23 » by LamarWho » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:00 am

Off Reb 18 to 3 advantage, enough said. At the end of the day, they got all their main guys back, we are the exact opposite.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#24 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:31 am

Tough break and huge underdogs next game
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#25 » by esqtvd » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:54 am

LamarWho wrote:Off Reb 18 to 3 advantage, enough said. At the end of the day, they got all their main guys back, we are the exact opposite.

I've always wanted a rebounder type in our stable, a Reggie Evans type [remember him?] :-D

But to be fair, the team is constructed around Kawhi and PG, who are plus rebounders, and we have Zu to pick up the garbage rebs.

And in today's NBA, with so many bricked 3-pointers, the rebounds come out to the foul line or even farther. The angles have changed from the days of Rodman and Rambis.

That said, the LA Clippers don't box out and it's been a weakness even since Lob City. At 5'11" with short arms, I get way more than my reasonable share of rebs at the "Y" because I do everything to make sure my man doesn't either.

It's all about the butt, Bob. Barkley reeb-ed with his butt. It's all about leverage--the rebounding game starts on the floor, not in the air.

https://books.google.com/books?id=n0_SdLysv9wC&pg=PT173&lpg=PT173&dq=charles+barkley+butt+boxing+out&source=bl&ots=2C3MJC1WBF&sig=ACfU3U3FoHmD2baj94ugfZSa8yRyBnsTGg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjcsZPV4I_1AhVRm2oFHZN4ALwQ6AF6BAgKEAM#v=onepage&q=charles%20barkley%20butt%20boxing%20out&f=false

I ain't got game but I got butt.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#26 » by esqtvd » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:37 am

TheNewEra wrote:Tough break and huge underdogs next game

Another COVID pickup game. Everybody played the game right tonight. Nobody had a bad game. I enjoyed watching our boyz give 'em heck. And at least the resident know-it-all couldn't blame Ty Lue. Or Doc Rivers. :wink:

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360353

Reggie was nowhere near physically ready to resume a full workload but there he is playing 31 minutes and putting up 17 desperately needed points [his average in this bizarre year!!]. HERO.

And props to Coffey with 28 desperately needed minutes and 15 points even if he did finish with a statistically insignificant minus-5. I think he's won a career in the NBA now. Think Willie Green. Think utility infielder. Somewhere in there. Nobody's gonna bid for his services, but he holds his own on an NBA floor. The FO was smart to keep him around at the minimum.

Brian Shaw coaching note--Slightly puzzling that Bledsoe only got 17 minutes @ PLUS+4 and with 6 points and 6 assists. Just interesting is all--Luke heroically played the most minutes [40] but also was a team-worst minus-18. Luke shouldn't be playing 40 minutes. PERIOD. Hey---I give anybody who's carrying the scoring load a LOT of leeway on the plus/minus. But Luke's 13 points in 40 minutes is NOT carrying the load.

But hey, I'll give Luke a HERO rating for his 40 minutes. Coach put him out there and he gave his all. This ain't about that. Sometimes you fight a battle and you don't win. Especially on foreign soil!! We fought well.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,053

Post#27 » by og15 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 9:13 pm

LamarWho wrote:Off Reb 18 to 3 advantage, enough said. At the end of the day, they got all their main guys back, we are the exact opposite.

They did well for a most of the game, but some of those turnovers in the 4th led to some run out plays, and then they couldn't really get stops anymore down the stretch, nor did they have enough offense. It wasn't even a "bad" game, but the offensive rebounds given up with only 18 minutes of the game even having a C's sized player on the floor didn't help.

Very sad home game for the Raptors crowd wise, but covid is ravaging all over.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,053

Post#28 » by og15 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 9:14 pm

esqtvd wrote:

Another COVID pickup game. Everybody played the game right tonight. Nobody had a bad game. I enjoyed watching our boyz give 'em heck. And at least the resident know-it-all couldn't blame Ty Lue. Or Doc Rivers. :wink:

Reggie was nowhere near physically ready to resume a full workload but there he is playing 31 minutes and putting up 17 desperately needed points [his average in this bizarre year!!]. HERO.

And props to Coffey with 28 desperately needed minutes and 15 points even if he did finish with a statistically insignificant minus-5. I think he's won a career in the NBA now. Think Willie Green. Think utility infielder. Somewhere in there. Nobody's gonna bid for his services, but he holds his own on an NBA floor. The FO was smart to keep him around at the minimum.

Brian Shaw coaching note--Slightly puzzling that Bledsoe only got 17 minutes @ PLUS+4 and with 6 points and 6 assists. Just interesting is all--Luke heroically played the most minutes [40] but also was a team-worst minus-18. Luke shouldn't be playing 40 minutes. PERIOD. Hey---I give anybody who's carrying the scoring load a LOT of leeway on the plus/minus. But Luke's 13 points in 40 minutes is NOT carrying the load.

But hey, I'll give Luke a HERO rating for his 40 minutes. Coach put him out there and he gave his all. This ain't about that. Sometimes you fight a battle and you don't win. Especially on foreign soil!! We fought well.

Shaw seemed to use Bledsoe and Reggie only at PG, so if Reggie was on, Bledsoe off, Reggie off, Bledsoe on, which meant there were only 17 minutes available to play Bledsoe in such a scenario. There were no Jackson+Bledsoe lineups in that game.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#29 » by esqtvd » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:19 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Shaw seemed to use Bledsoe and Reggie only at PG, so if Reggie was on, Bledsoe off, Reggie off, Bledsoe on, which meant there were only 17 minutes available to play Bledsoe in such a scenario. There were no Jackson+Bledsoe lineups in that game.

And the RJax+ Bled combo just beat the Nets. Brian Shaw said for tonight he gave Reggie orders he had 1 1/2 seconds to shoot or pass and that brought Bled into the game.

Like Reggie himself had to learn after being paid by the worst team in the league [DET] to GO AWAY, if Bled can ever give up the self-induced Messiah Complex and just play solid, there are still significant NBA rotation minutes for him. SEE Austin Rivers and Jeff Green and countless others who finally let the game come to them. [Each has made over $60 million in this game and are still cashing in.]

BTW, with 27 points Bled matched his ALL-TIME high as a Clipper tonight. :-D

Return to Los Angeles Clippers