NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Re: Game 37: Los Angeles Clippers @ Brooklyn Nets : Jan 1 4:30 PM PCT 

Post#81 » by NickP » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:21 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

They played half speed in the second half like they did in the first game but the game got tighter here. Then when they needed shots the ball wasn’t falling and was a quick comeback

They do obviously believe they can toy with you and then turn it on when needed. Plus they got the refs. This sense of entitlement was what Trezz was talking about with the Clippers then the Lakers and now with the Wizards after they won a few games. The Nets don't bring their lunch buckets. Ever since the Bubble humiliation, the Clippers have--especially PG.

On paper you'd rather have Durant and Harden. On the court give me Kawhi and PG ANYTIME.

Also, just like the Bubble Clippers, the Nets are a poorly-coached team. With Mills fouled out, Nash just kept playing a bunch of non-shooters to clog the spacing for KD and Harden instead of giving a chance to one of their rookies who can shoot the ball. That's Doc-esque "coaching" with Doc-esque results.

I'm glad someone sees Nash's coaching the way I see it.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#82 » by LamarWho » Sun Jan 2, 2022 5:33 pm

Don't forget the Brewmaster Coffey. Hit that big 3 to tie the game late in the 4th. Back to back solid games from him. I like his versatility on defense because of his size. He's someone we can use to guard bigger wing players like Luka and Tatum. If he continues to improve his 3pt shooting I wouldn't mind keeping him for the long run.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#83 » by nickhx2 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 7:36 pm

somehow i miss all the best wins over the years.

was on the phone during the nick young memphis comeback

asleep during the mann-jazz decider

on another planet during the comeback vs the warriors

anyway, just wanted to add on to the coffey thing, and in general comment about the FO. i didn't even think this dude would be on the roster before the season started, but here he is, low-key saving our season just by being solid in the exact role we're asking of him. i haven't heard him complain even one time about constantly going back and forth between LA and ACC and he really deserves to be on the team. i hope he continues to get better and if he just finds one thing to be elite at, he'll be a rotational mainstay.

about the FO: it's seriously remarkable that somehow we don't just have a young core, we have a sizable, young core. it wasn't all that long ago we were praying for ty wallace to be our lone diamond in the rough while everyone aged around him. now we have zubac, mann, and kennard as our mainstays, coffey as a legitimate, solid backup, and a trio of prospects in our three rookies (two of which are second rounders!)

in no sport is it an easy task to replenish your farm league team, let alone with virtually zero assets, let alone in such a short time, while also maintaining relevance and competitiveness with the main squad. gotta give credit to the owner and the front office, from top to bottom.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#84 » by playaloc916 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 10:55 pm

Damn, just watched the highlights and final possessions, wow...

Bled, Reggie, and Mann all handling their business. Winslow had a decent game too. And I'm also in the brewmaster camp now. I pretty much wrote him off because he was just a complete non-factor early in the season. Didn't really contribute anything other than ok defense, but it seems he's embraced a role of a glue guy, and is one of those guys that won't help you, but won't hurt you... except he's now starting to help. The defence is getting better, his shooting isn't as terrible anymore, and now he's slashing like he used to in his rookie season. For an emergency player while so many people are out, he's doing a great job.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#85 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:20 am

MartinToVaught wrote:LOLOLOLOLOL. I can't believe we just won this game. That was shades of the Ty, CJ and Jamil team. So proud to see the fight from this insanely depleted team amidst the screwjob we've been given from the league with this schedule.

The Nets are frauds. No joke, this has to be one of the most embarrassing losses in NBA history from their perspective.

I'm not a fan of their big 3 at all for different reasons, but they are very dangerous. If Harden and Durant remain healthy, they will be in the finals this season and probably win it all depending on who they face.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,746

Post#86 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:50 pm

LamarWho wrote:Don't forget the Brewmaster Coffey. Hit that big 3 to tie the game late in the 4th. Back to back solid games from him. I like his versatility on defense because of his size. He's someone we can use to guard bigger wing players like Luka and Tatum. If he continues to improve his 3pt shooting I wouldn't mind keeping him for the long run.

If he could just develop a relatively dependable 3 he can stay with this team for awhile…
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:23 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
LamarWho wrote:Don't forget the Brewmaster Coffey. Hit that big 3 to tie the game late in the 4th. Back to back solid games from him. I like his versatility on defense because of his size. He's someone we can use to guard bigger wing players like Luka and Tatum. If he continues to improve his 3pt shooting I wouldn't mind keeping him for the long run.

If he could just develop a relatively dependable 3 he can stay with this team for awhile…

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers