ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 38 Thread - Kings (15-22) vs Heat (23-13)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 38 Thread - Kings (15-22) vs Heat (23-13) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Jan 2, 2022 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Re: Game 38 Thread - Kings (15-22) vs Heat (23-13) 

Post#2 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jan 2, 2022 11:58 pm

Damian Jones doing work
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:42 am

Loving Mitchell's development offensively. I'm still here long term for Hali/Mitchell, they will have us competitive as a backcourt (whether Fox is here or not)
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:04 am

Fox has looked crisper and more energetic for the night than typical for the year, although still without the shot. Still a bit of credit for that
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:21 am

Fox with the clutch 14/15 from the free throw line! Think if they just called it fairly for him every night!

The only + in the starting lineup. Good for him!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#6 » by sacking123 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:54 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Fox with the clutch 14/15 from the free throw line! Think if they just called it fairly for him every night!

Trade value going through the roof!

This was both a frustrating game and one that just reiterated several things.
The Kings D game plan needs to be changed. Too many unnecessary switches.
Alvins rotations are scary at times and head scratchers, like putting Harkless in.
Tyrese is still far too passive.
This is tied in with the above. This team needs to find an identity and stick with it. Not a fan of PG by committee, but why in the hell is Buddy initiating the offence with Ty and Davion on the floor? They didn’t even run an action for Buddy.

If the Kings do become sellers at the deadline we can add Holmes to the list of the price is right and try and keep Jones. He does enough to let him try and develop defensively as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:18 am

simonbampfield wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Fox with the clutch 14/15 from the free throw line! Think if they just called it fairly for him every night!

Alvins rotations are scary at times and head scratchers, like putting Harkless in.
This is tied in with the above. This team needs to find an identity and stick with it. Not a fan of PG by committee, but why in the hell is Buddy initiating the offence with Ty and Davion on the floor? They didn’t even run an action for Buddy.

If the Kings do become sellers at the deadline we can add Holmes to the list of the price is right and try and keep Jones. He does enough to let him try and develop defensively as a starter.

trade value skyrocketed! Love it.

Totally man. Gentry is not really any better than Walton tbh.. hes just a different face so the team decides to try half the time. Pretty much the same game plan, twisted rotations, no plays, always switching.

The point about buddy initiating is mind blowing to me. The whole pt of having all these guards should be so that never happens. Joerger was the only one who understood a bit.

About Holmes I'm so torn man. Jones is playing fantastic, and Holmes has had a rough go with the eye pokes. I think Holmes is good enough to start, but with how bad our defense is, it doesn't work unless we get a stud PF who can defend and stretch. If we trade Holmes I'd I want to find a way to send him to GS for Wiseman. Think Holmes would be perfect in gs, and we could take a risk with wiseman.

The tyrese thing has been my biggest knock on him this season. Sometimes I wonder if it's just being too slow to get by his defender, or he just isn't confident.

Will be an interesting next month.

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#8 » by sacking123 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:26 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

Totally man. Gentry is not really any better than Walton tbh.. hes just a different face so the team decides to try half the time. Pretty much the same game plan, twisted rotations, no plays, always switching.

The point about buddy initiating is mind blowing to me. The whole pt of having all these guards should be so that never happens. Joerger was the only one who understood a bit.

About Holmes I'm so torn man. Jones is playing fantastic, and Holmes has had a rough go with the eye pokes. I think Holmes is good enough to start, but with how bad our defense is, it doesn't work unless we get a stud PF who can defend and stretch. If we trade Holmes I'd I want to find a way to send him to GS for Wiseman. Think Holmes would be perfect in gs, and we could take a risk with wiseman.

The tyrese thing has been my biggest knock on him this season. Sometimes I wonder if it's just being too slow to get by his defender, or he just isn't confident.

Absolutely on Holmes. He is tremendous value on his current deal. I would only deal him if we are sellers and got good value. That means trading Barnes, Buddy, Bagley and making a choice out of the trio of guards.
I don’t think the latter is absolute, but there is a time limit on someone like Davion getting upset with not having a definitive role as a playmaker for this team.

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:00 am

simonbampfield wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Trade value going through the roof!

Absolutely on Holmes. He is tremendous value on his current deal. I would only deal him if we are sellers and got good value. That means trading Barnes, Buddy, Bagley and making a choice out of the trio of guards.
I don’t think the latter is absolute, but there is a time limit on someone like Davion getting upset with not having a definitive role as a playmaker for this team.

Ya, I could go either way on Holmes. But prefer we sell barnes/buddy no matter what.

That's honestly why I didn't like the mitchell pick to begin with. Since Monte got here he extended Fox with a max deal, drafted haliburton, and drafted mitchell.

If Monte knew fox wasn't his guy he should have traded him by now. I personally still stand by that mitchell has looked good, but nothing worthy of making me jump the gun on a fox deal.

Either way, I think this team can soft rebuild without actually tearing the entire thing down.

Trade Holmes for Wiseman and contracts.

Trade Barnes for Williams and contracts

Trade buddy to anyone that will take him for expirings or even smaller contracts.

I doubt we can get value for Bagley, so I'd have a sit down with him and see if he's bought in and willing to stay. I think he can be a nice bench big. If not so be it, sell him to the highest bidder even a 2nd.

Wiseman/Jones
Draft pick/Bagley
Williams
Hali/Davis
Fox/mitchell

Team goes from little youth, to a young exciting team again. Look to hire a new young coach and give him the ability to push the pace.

Return to Sacramento Kings