ImageImageImage

Game 38: Miami at Sacramento - 1/2 @ 6:00pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Game 38: Miami at Sacramento - 1/2 @ 6:00pm EST 

Post#321 » by gom » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:23 am

insfo wrote:Happy New Year, Heat fam!!

Hope everyone has/had a safe celebration, now let's get 2022 off to a proper start. Here for Kyle Guy's revenge game :D

Let's go Heat!

Helluva run, insfo! Thanks!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,519

Post#322 » by marson » Mon Jan 3, 2022 5:38 am

Unfortunate game. The Kings just went hot from the outside in the 2nd half while we basically sucked this game.

Nice to see Yurt having a good game.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#323 » by harlem_ball » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:25 am

Butler was limping at the end there. Not sure Spo isn't wearing his threads out a little too much already. Ease up man
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#324 » by somerandomdude » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:02 pm

Shewasfly wrote:People are going to talk a lot about yogurts big game on offense, but really he was honestly terrible defensively. Consistently lost and easily bullied. that was a huge reason why we couldn’t stop anything and ended up losing the game.

Here's the plays where he "looked lost," watch it in slow motion so you see it clearly.

@ 1:47: Herro gets screened, Jimmy doesn't read the backdoor screen and switch to Herro's guy, Kings score

@ 1:59: Jimmy's guy goes for the backdoor, Jimmy gets screened by Highsmith's defender and switches on to him as a result, Highsmith should've switched on to Jimmy's guy, Kings score

In these two plays, you're criticizing Yurtz for helping (!!!!) when it wasn't even his responsibility. He only looks lost because they threw the lob over him and he made an attempt at deflecting it, but that doesn't make it his fault.

Go back and watch it again --- Yurt's guy wasn't even involved in those plays!

Moving onward

@ 2:08: Lowry did good to pick up Bagley and beat him back, but he overstayed when Yurtz had already gotten there. Yurtz even motioned for Lowry to switch (2:09), but Lowry stays guarding Bagley, which is a mistake. Yurtz realizes that Lowry isn't leaving, so he turns around quickly and realizes he has to pick up De'Aaron Fox who already had a wide open path to the lane and got deep enough to get a good look.

And bullied? I'm not even sure where you got that from.

Usually when someone says that a player got bullied, you don't think of a guy who grabbed 16 boards, led all rebounders by 6, and feasted in the paint offensively, so you're probably wrong about that, too.

Yurtz isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but for a rookie who got you 22 / 16 on a 1.5mil/yr salary and is a big part of why we had a good month after a crappy November, he deserves better than what was said about him.
leventuysal
Rookie
And1: 64

Post#325 » by leventuysal » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:53 pm

Wiltside wrote:Hope Yurt can keep the double double streak alive. Feels like he’s close to a true breakout game.

even beethoven had his critics. name three of them.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,149

Post#326 » by dolphinatik » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:39 pm

Fox is impressive and Hield is a make or miss guy obviously he was in make mode. Some of those were very well contested. We probably deserved to lose that game. could have gone either way.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,289

Post#327 » by goodboys lats » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:48 pm

I went to this game and had a blast. Fox and Hield played their asses off. Tip of the cap. If we had more than 5 regular players I think we win.

You don't really understand just how physical Kyle and Jimmy are (especially Jimmy) until you see them live. Good times. I wish Jimmy made that last shot.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,691

Post#328 » by Shewasfly » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:18 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:People are going to talk a lot about yogurts big game on offense, but really he was honestly terrible defensively. Consistently lost and easily bullied. that was a huge reason why we couldn’t stop anything and ended up losing the game.

Here's the plays where he "looked lost," watch it in slow motion so you see it clearly.

@ 1:47: Herro gets screened, Jimmy doesn't read the backdoor screen and switch to Herro's guy, Kings score

@ 1:59: Jimmy's guy goes for the backdoor, Jimmy gets screened by Highsmith's defender and switches on to him as a result, Highsmith should've switched on to Jimmy's guy, Kings score

In these two plays, you're criticizing Yurtz for helping (!!!!) when it wasn't even his responsibility. He only looks lost because they threw the lob over him and he made an attempt at deflecting it, but that doesn't make it his fault.

Go back and watch it again --- Yurt's guy wasn't even involved in those plays!

Moving onward

@ 2:08: Lowry did good to pick up Bagley and beat him back, but he overstayed when Yurtz had already gotten there. Yurtz even motioned for Lowry to switch (2:09), but Lowry stays guarding Bagley, which is a mistake. Yurtz realizes that Lowry isn't leaving, so he turns around quickly and realizes he has to pick up De'Aaron Fox who already had a wide open path to the lane and got deep enough to get a good look.

And bullied? I'm not even sure where you got that from.

Usually when someone says that a player got bullied, you don't think of a guy who grabbed 16 boards, led all rebounders by 6, and feasted in the paint offensively, so you're probably wrong about that, too.

Yurtz isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but for a rookie who got you 22 / 16 on a 1.5mil/yr salary and is a big part of why we had a good month after a crappy November, he deserves better than what was said about him.

I'm sorry, wtf is this nonsense? You cherry pick plays, none of which I mentioned in my offhanded little post to argue against, for what? If you are delusional enough to believe anyone on this team is perfect enough to not be criticized, do me a favor and put me on ignore. I have defended Yogurt when I felt Jimmy was being too harsh on him about his rotations in game, but I'm not going to lie to spare your feelings. Yogurt is literally a rookie, and there is nothing wrong with him having holes in his game or being lost here and there. Its to be expected, but doesn't mean it can't be mentioned.

If you thought Yogurt didn't deserve any blame because he put up 22/16 in a loss, I truly don't care because I find that to be so idiotic of an opinion its not worth arguing over. Everyone on the team had some blame, including him, which I said in my post directly proceeding this one.

On Yogurt's defense in general, if you think he is imposing defensively, you are kidding yourself. He is tentative, and again, that's okay. He's literally a first year player who just started getting minutes. That is to be expected and I'm sure something they are working with him on. Luckily they do not think he is above criticism like yourself. He is a tall, big body, which is a deterrent on its own, but a real threat defensively to the other team yet? NO. I know what I saw yesterday. That first half, Damian Jones on the Kings, feasted inside. That was Yogurt's man. How about you slow the entire first half down and see for yourself. Then come back so I can condescend to you :roll:

Next you will tell me he is a great, strong finisher :roll: :roll: . I'm not about to argue with you about any of this beyond this post. Your "call out" post to mine wasn't necessary in the first place, but I at least had to respond.
:tiredJB:

Return to Miami Heat