ImageImageImage

Best Developmental Prospect on the Roster

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Which one of our developmental players has the brightest future?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:37 pm

Max Strus
19%
Ömer Yurtseven
65%
Gabe Vincent
No votes
Caleb Martin
12%
KZ Okpala
4%

Total votes: 26

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#1 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:37 pm

Of the listed options, who do you think has the brightest future? I'm, personally, enamored with the entire crop this year. Each brings something different and unique. This is a really gritty talented group. I love our development program so much. It seems like sometimes we can get more out of undrafted guys then most teams get out of lottery picks.

So what are your thoughts?
Bhut Jolokia
Pro Prospect
And1: 828

Re: Best Developmental Prospect on the Roster 

Post#2 » by Bhut Jolokia » Mon Jan 3, 2022 5:15 pm

I think Yurtseven has the most potential of this group. He is still adjusting to the NBA. Big men usually take longer to develop too. He is also the youngest at 23 with Strus & Vincent 25 and Martin 26. All of them have a bright future too. Although he wasn’t undrafted like the others, Okpala is also a nice developmental player. He has had some decent games as well and is only 22 with long wingspan.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:52 pm

Bhut Jolokia wrote:I think Yurtseven has the most potential of this group. He is still adjusting to the NBA. Big men usually take longer to develop too. He is also the youngest at 23 with Strus & Vincent 25 and Martin 26. All of them have a bright future too. Although he wasn’t undrafted like the others, Okpala is also a nice developmental player. He has had some decent games as well and is only 22 with long wingspan.

Added KZ.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,759

Post#4 » by Wiltside » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:58 pm

Yurt probably has the greatest upside. He could develop into a poor man’s Vucevic with the right tutelage. He has greater offensive tools than he’s shown, I think he’ll start to show more as he gets comfortable at the level.

Strus and Martin can’t be discounted either. Both have shown out this year and proven to be quality rotation players at minimum. Vincent too surprised the hell out of me. I thought he was utter trash but he had a serious purple patch before going into protocols.

I think it shows that our scouting and player development team is second to none. It’s honestly incredible how we find this many gems.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#5 » by QUIZ » Wed Jan 5, 2022 1:56 am

I’m surprised so many people voted for Yurt. I like Yurt but we live in a league where even DPOY Rudy Gobert gets run off the floor come playoff time. No matter how much he develops I have trouble seeing him having the foot speed to keep up.

I vote for Strus, I think the shooting is real and he is super dynamic with the ball. I think he has the ideal skill set the league is looking for right now.

I question Gabe’s offensive upside but I think his defense will make him stick in the league as a backup pg for a long time.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#6 » by SA37 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:51 pm

QUIZ wrote:I’m surprised so many people voted for Yurt. I like Yurt but we live in a league where even DPOY Rudy Gobert gets run off the floor come playoff time. No matter how much he develops I have trouble seeing him having the foot speed to keep up.

I vote for Strus, I think the shooting is real and he is super dynamic with the ball. I think he has the ideal skill set the league is looking for right now.

I question Gabe’s offensive upside but I think his defense will make him stick in the league as a backup pg for a long time.

I also voted for Strus because I think he is the most likely to become a regular rotation player long-term.

I am still not sold on KZ being an NBA player, but he is still so young he may come around.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,567

Post#7 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:00 am

Yurt is the real deal, matchups will determine if he’s ran off the floor or not but the guy is already and elite rebounder and once he builds his confidence and gets more comfortable he’ll be scoring in bunches. He already has the skills and tools
#FreeBam
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

Post#8 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:57 pm

where are my KZ people
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#9 » by somerandomdude » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:04 pm

Yurtz. He's only a rookie and is already providing the impact that guys like Caleb and Strus are in their 3rd year.

He's also got stuff he could work on (there's games where he should have an extra 10pts easily) and room to grow.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jan 6, 2022 8:04 pm

My biggest question is, with all this emerging depth, how do we make sure everyone gets minutes?

Pg: Lowry / Vincent / Guy
Sg: Herro / Oladipo / Robinson
Sf: Butler / Strus / Okpala / Martin
Pf: Tucker / Morris / Haslem
Cc; Adebayo / Dedmon / Yurtseven

*This is not meant as a depth chart*

That's a lot of players who deserve minutes, and a lot of versatility for the coach to play with. Just so many lineup options. We should be able to match up with anyone when healthy...
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,759

Post#11 » by Wiltside » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:39 pm

QUIZ wrote:I’m surprised so many people voted for Yurt. I like Yurt but we live in a league where even DPOY Rudy Gobert gets run off the floor come playoff time. No matter how much he develops I have trouble seeing him having the foot speed to keep up.

The flip side with Rudy is that he is super limited offensively. He has no range and really, outside of dunks, offers very little. The hope is that Yurt has a greater offensive skillset. Still, we won’t be relying on Yurt much at this point - more a future hope that he comes a face up problem and 3pt stretch big, along with the soft touch inside/dunks.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,904

Post#12 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Jan 6, 2022 10:38 pm

you didnt include guy but yeah omer is the best prospect for me along with struss

i like caleb too the others belong to g league including mario chalmers :P
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#13 » by puppa bear » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:10 am

I think it has to be Omer, he’s cracking the top-10 in the NBA Rookie Ladder

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Only a couple above him stand to contribute to a PO team, so it shows how good he is.

Other than him, Strus & Caleb are looking like keepers!
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by puppa bear » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:12 am

BBallFreak wrote:My biggest question is, with all this emerging depth, how do we make sure everyone gets minutes?

That's a lot of players who deserve minutes, and a lot of versatility for the coach to play with. Just so many lineup options. We should be able to match up with anyone when healthy...

Either a consolation trade needs to happen, or we should be flipping some of these for future picks.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

Post#15 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jan 7, 2022 8:00 am

puppa bear wrote:I think it has to be Omer, he’s cracking the top-10 in the NBA Rookie Ladder

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Only a couple above him stand to contribute to a PO team, so it shows how good he is.

Even Him being on that list i Pretty crazy when you think about it.

About Omer - the wired thing is I keep getting the feeling he can (and should) play much better then he is - yet he's somehow keeps putting up surprisingly good numbers.

My expectations might be too high for a rook
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by puppa bear » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:30 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:I think it has to be Omer, he’s cracking the top-10 in the NBA Rookie Ladder

Read on Twitter
?s=21

About Omer - the wired thing is I keep getting the feeling he can (and should) play much better then he is - yet he's somehow keeps putting up surprisingly good numbers.

I think he’s just feeling into the team and what’s asked of him really well. It may be one of those perfect marriages of team, player and time.

In other news:
Read on Twitter
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#17 » by SA37 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:36 pm

BBallFreak wrote:My biggest question is, with all this emerging depth, how do we make sure everyone gets minutes?

Miami has Strus and Vincent signed for next year, so my guess is there will be minutes given to Oladipo and Martin since Miami will have to make decisions on those guys this summer. I am not sure Miami has any plans to retain Morris beyond this season, so he may be one of the odd men out. Financial restraints may rule out any heavy investment in Martin. Will 20-30 games of Oladipo be enough for Miami to make an investment in Oladipo? Hard to say. I think this is where it'll get tricky for Miami, especially since Vincent has played so well.

Once the playoffs hit, I imagine Miami will go to a 9-man rotation for round 1 and then down to 8 the rest of the way.

I see the 9-man rotation being:

Lowry / Vincent or Oladipo
Robinson / Herro
Butler / Strus
Tucker
Adebayo / Dedmon

Depending on match ups, Vincent/Oladipo or Dedmon will be see a reduction in their minutes beyond round 1 (assuming Miami gets beyond that point).
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#18 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:57 pm

puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I think he’s just feeling into the team and what’s asked of him really well. It may be one of those perfect marriages of team, player and time.

In other news:
Read on Twitter
happy for him he works really hard and its paying off. i can see him being on the heat for a loong time
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by puppa bear » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

In other news:
Read on Twitter
happy for him he works really hard and its paying off. i can see him being on the heat for a loong time

We will see Spo trying out the Bam-Yurt front court when Bam returns? Or will he stay with a single post style of play?

If Yurt can hit the 3 at a clip above KO/Leonard used to then using him as the weak side wing could be a thing. But I think he’s more comfortable playing more inside-out.

Edit: perhaps with the emergence of Yurt we see a return of the Bam DHOs that was spammed for the past two years …
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#20 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 am

puppa bear wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
puppa bear wrote:I think he’s just feeling into the team and what’s asked of him really well. It may be one of those perfect marriages of team, player and time.

In other news:
Read on Twitter

We will see Spo trying out the Bam-Yurt front court when Bam returns? Or will he stay with a single post style of play?

If Yurt can hit the 3 at a clip above KO/Leonard used to then using him as the weak side wing could be a thing. But I think he’s more comfortable playing more inside-out.

Edit: perhaps with the emergence of Yurt we see a return of the Bam DHOs that was spammed for the past two years …
your guess is as good as mine. time will tell,shortly

Return to Miami Heat