Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,057

Re: Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP) 

Post#741 » by Lalouie » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:16 am

whatever form of testing is fine as long as the season continues.

look,,,i AM an overaged vaxxer, so i got my shots. i need those shots.

but i am looking at the nba as one gigantic mess. i look at the fans in the arenas and there's what,,,,1/3 full at least. does anyone in his logical mind think a closed arena with 6-10 thousand screaming fans is preventing anything? no, right.
so who's fooling whom. either go all the way and bubble the whole league or NOT.

does what a player do matter if he's not wearing a mask when he plays but puts a mask on when he sits???

this whole thing is like the old days of airline travel when one side of the plane was for smokers and the other side was for non-smokers.

and yet through all this it is best for all sports to show some unanimity and cooperation, and as a show of support.
therefore keep on keepin on, do as best you can, show the nation it matters.

and thanks goodness omicron is showing to be a mild varient, otherwise i would be taking a totally different stand
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#742 » by ImSlower » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:47 pm

BigDan245 wrote:
Read on Twitter

looks like delta infected players are gonna get placed in protocols again..Embiid soon.

Damm damn damn. He was just out in November?! I haven't heard all that much about how rapidly the virus can re-establish after someone is healthy again. I was certainly hoping the Bulls, having lost literally everyone except Caruso, were likely to be full strength for the season (the NBA season not just winter). Originally most Bulls fans blamed Embiid for possibly infecting Vuc and starting our brutal outbreak; it's not good to see the 6ers already r seeing someone go down a second time so soon.

I've really liked Thybulle since he did those home-edited vlogs during the Bubble. I hope he is asymptomatic and no other teammates go down.
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#743 » by MindState » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:39 pm

Half of the Hawks roster is coming back today. Thats a crazy boost. By next week their entire roster will be back and immune to covid for at least the next few months. They will have a field day with the league at that point.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#744 » by Sothron » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:34 pm

MindState wrote:Half of the Hawks roster is coming back today. Thats a crazy boost. By next week their entire roster will be back and immune to covid for at least the next few months. They will have a field day with the league at that point.

Pray to God you are right.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#745 » by Statlanta » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:39 pm

The Hawks one true strength in being deep has been turned against them with protocols and injuries.
Just a mess of a season due to Omnicron especially with so many teams actually trying to be competitive this season with the play-in.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,493

Post#746 » by bisme37 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:43 pm

Not too many players going into the protocol last few days. Seems like we're heading in the right direction.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,493

Post#747 » by bisme37 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 11:44 pm

Here are the new dates and times for the games that were postponed:

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#748 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 4, 2022 12:58 pm

ImSlower wrote:
BigDan245 wrote:
Read on Twitter

looks like delta infected players are gonna get placed in protocols again..Embiid soon.

Damm damn damn. He was just out in November?! I haven't heard all that much about how rapidly the virus can re-establish after someone is healthy again. I was certainly hoping the Bulls, having lost literally everyone except Caruso, were likely to be full strength for the season (the NBA season not just winter). Originally most Bulls fans blamed Embiid for possibly infecting Vuc and starting our brutal outbreak; it's not good to see the 6ers already r seeing someone go down a second time so soon.

I've really liked Thybulle since he did those home-edited vlogs during the Bubble. I hope he is asymptomatic and no other teammates go down.

According to the earliest study that was available out of England natural immunity from variants prior to Omicron only offer protection of up to around 20%.
BrianFitz
Rookie
And1: 1,510

Post#749 » by BrianFitz » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:29 pm

queridiculo wrote:
ImSlower wrote:
BigDan245 wrote:
Read on Twitter

According to the earliest study that was available out of England natural immunity from variants prior to Omicron only offer protection of up to around 20%.

Seems legit :roll:
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#750 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:03 pm

Will the postponed games be played at a later date, or is there any risk they will be cancelled for good?

I mean, with the amount of postponed games (and some more still to come, I'm sure), there will be quite a hectic schedule to play all these games...
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#751 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 4, 2022 7:22 pm

BrianFitz wrote:
Seems legit :roll:

Yeah I mean data is definitely not as legit as your eye roll.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/232698/modelling-suggests-rapid-spread-omicron-england/
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,532

Post#752 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Jan 4, 2022 9:12 pm

SGA cleared from protocols in like 2 days. Wonder if false tests are happening? I think false positive are pretty damn rare.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
BigDan245
Starter
And1: 2,249

Post#753 » by BigDan245 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 9:22 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Will the postponed games be played at a later date, or is there any risk they will be cancelled for good?

I mean, with the amount of postponed games (and some more still to come, I'm sure), there will be quite a hectic schedule to play all these games...

viewtopic.php?p=95775198#p95775198
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,137

Post#754 » by spanishninja » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:12 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Will the postponed games be played at a later date, or is there any risk they will be cancelled for good?

the league has already rescheduled the postponed games
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#755 » by Catchall » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:42 pm

Joe Ingles entered protocol. #roadtrip

Read on Twitter
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
pace31
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,344

Post#756 » by pace31 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:06 pm

So the Jazz were the first (at least known) team to get original COVID and they end up being the last team to have a player enter the new protocols

Read on Twitter
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#757 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:49 pm

BigDan245 wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=95775198#p95775198

Somehow I missed your post or any related news. Thanks for the heads up!
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,057

Post#758 » by Lalouie » Wed Jan 5, 2022 6:11 am

MindState wrote:Half of the Hawks roster is coming back today. Thats a crazy boost. By next week their entire roster will be back and immune to covid for at least the next few months. They will have a field day with the league at that point.

better to all be in protocol now than later
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#759 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:59 pm

I really wish that media people would stop confusing the mandate in NYC with it being from New York State. Multiple times when I hear the Kyrie situation being discussed on espn and other media outlets they say he’s out because of a New York State mandate. It’s not a state mandate. It’s a New York City mandate. If the nets played on Long Island he would be able to play. If they played upstate he would be able to play. It’s a New York City mandate and they can’t get that small significant piece of info correct when talking about it. Lol
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#760 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 5, 2022 6:46 pm

Lalouie wrote:

better to all be in protocol now than later

There's nothing to say that it can't happen again later. Better not to go in at all.

Return to The General Board