ImageImageImage

Game 36 - Rockets @ Sixers January 3 @ 7:00 pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,712

Re: Game 36 - Rockets @ Sixers January 3 @ 7:00 pm ET 

Post#121 » by phillynative » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:07 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I would be curious to see what Seth Curry could do as our starting point guard.

Doc tried a few times already. He is what he is a 6ft sharpshooter guard. He can play the 1 in a pinch at times but it's not preferable, he has trouble seeing over the defense and has trouble getting guys the ball in their spots.. His best attribute is his off the ball gravity.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#122 » by rzzzzz » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:14 pm

76ciology wrote:Crazy overpaid talent

No doubt. But he was better than this before he got sick, wasn’t he?
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#123 » by stormi » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:27 pm

Burke and his rotations >>>>>>> Doc.

Also, it's a crime Isaiah Joe isn't in the rotation. We literally have a Klay regen on the bench that would shoot ten 3's a game at like 40% and isn't fazed by a defender in his space.

My bench unit fully healthy would be to run point Furk who has more offensive upside, defensive upside and playmaking ability than Shake. Seems more comfortable operating the P&R also. Joe at the 2 and Thybulle at the 3.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#124 » by blargh » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:49 pm

76ciology wrote:My thoughts after this game.
- Rockets gave up when Theis got his second foul in the first quarter. The rest was just formality.
- We saw Reed-Embiid pairing this game. I hope we run more of this duo.
- Like I mentioned before the draft, Jalen Green is raw. But I have him on top of my mock because he has all the tools needed to be a star wing.
- Simplify Shake’s role by letting Kork or Maxey run the offense when he’s on the court.

Agree that playing Reed at 4 simplifies his role by making him less accountable for being solid on defensive positioning. Lets him gamble more for steals, which suits his strengths right now.

He needs to be able to hit threes then though.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,829

Post#125 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 4, 2022 7:52 pm

stormi wrote:Burke and his rotations >>>>>>> Doc.

Also, it's a crime Isaiah Joe isn't in the rotation. We literally have a Klay regen on the bench that would shoot ten 3's a game at like 40% and isn't fazed by a defender in his space.

My bench unit fully healthy would be to run point Furk who has more offensive upside, defensive upside and playmaking ability than Shake. Seems more comfortable operating the P&R also. Joe at the 2 and Thybulle at the 3.

100% agree. Just fire Doc now, as we already have the replacement.

I would love to see that bench unit:

Kork
Joe
Thybulle
Niang
Drummond

Plug in Reed and Bassey here and there as well.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#126 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:44 am

blargh wrote:
- Rockets gave up when Theis got his second foul in the first quarter. The rest was just formality.
- Like I mentioned before the draft, Jalen Green is raw. But I have him on top of my mock because he has all the tools needed to be a star wing.
- Simplify Shake’s role by letting Kork or Maxey run the offense when he’s on the court.

Agree that playing Reed at 4 simplifies his role by making him less accountable for being solid on defensive positioning. Lets him gamble more for steals, which suits his strengths right now.

Embiid should humble himself that he is not as athletic or mobile as he was and even if thats the case, you can’t single handedly anchor a defense in today’s NBA. He should demand that he should play alongside a guy who can help him rebound the ball and can protect the rim.

All the teams are doing now is running actions to get Embiid to step out and once he does, they’ll just feast in the paint or drive to the rim and let Embiid challenge, let your teammate grab an easy put back. Until then, this is just gimmick basketball with Tobias at 4 and a below 6’9 SF at the 3.

..and I dont even think having Ben Simmons at SF would solve it on defense and we saw it during the Hawks series.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#127 » by phillynative » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:15 pm

76ciology wrote:
blargh wrote:

Embiid should humble himself that he is not as athletic or mobile as he was and even if thats the case, you can’t single handedly anchor a defense in today’s NBA. He should demand that he should play alongside a guy who can help him rebound the ball and can protect the rim.

All the teams are doing now is running actions to get Embiid to step out and once he does, they’ll just feast in the paint or drive to the rim and let Embiid challenge, let your teammate grab an easy put back. Until then, this is just gimmick basketball with Tobias at 4 and a below 6’9 SF at the 3.

..and I dont even think having Ben Simmons at SF would solve it on defense and we saw it during the Hawks series.

Because neither Tobi or Ben had any rim protecting abilities. And a bunch of guards and wings that are either small or play smaller than their size.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#128 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:13 pm

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Uh oh... Not good for trading him, if he's internalizing this stuff now. Can't we just have a normal team?

Read on Twitter

How do we know he wasn't trying to hype himself up

What did he say, can't read lips. Is philly the only place that boos players that are making max money that are not producing?

Does every other NBA city say oh well that is just how it is and cheers on their players no matter how they are performing?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phillynative
General Manager

Post#129 » by phillynative » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:44 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Uh oh... Not good for trading him, if he's internalizing this stuff now. Can't we just have a normal team?

Read on Twitter

What did he say, can't read lips. Is philly the only place that boos players that are making max money that are not producing?

Does every other NBA city say oh well that is just how it is and cheers on their players no matter how they are performing?

"Don't **** clap" with a look of disgust after he finally got a bucket and the fans cheered.He wasn't playing well so they gave him sh*t but I also don't see whats the problem with him expressing himself as well.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#130 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:48 pm

phillynative wrote:"Don't **** clap" with a look of disgust after he finally got a bucket and the fans cheered.He wasn't playing well so they gave him sh*t but I also don't see whats the problem with him expressing himself as well.

I kinda think this is all a little overhyped. At his best, I think Tobi plays a little angry and i think he was just hyping himself up. I think last year he hit a big clutch shot in the regular season and he looked way more pissed off than excited. I dunno, I'm not here to defend Tobi but thats what I got out of it.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
phillynative
General Manager

Post#131 » by phillynative » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:50 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
phillynative wrote:"Don't **** clap" with a look of disgust after he finally got a bucket and the fans cheered.He wasn't playing well so they gave him sh*t but I also don't see whats the problem with him expressing himself as well.

I kinda think this is all a little overhyped. At his best, I think Tobi plays a little angry and i think he was just hyping himself up. I think last year he hit a big clutch shot in the regular season and he looked way more pissed off than excited. I dunno, I'm not here to defend Tobi but thats what I got out of it.

Agree
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#132 » by the_process » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:53 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Read on Twitter

Outside of the Northeast... you're not going to hear a lot of boos.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Post#133 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:13 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Read on Twitter

Don't fawking clap. Don't fawking clap. He said it two times lol.

It's some serious twilight zone **** that we somehow run every athlete out of town, and only the ones who are etched out of diamonds can handle the pressure.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#134 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:02 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Don't fawking clap. Don't fawking clap. He said it two times lol.

It's some serious twilight zone **** that we somehow run every athlete out of town, and only the ones who are etched out of diamonds can handle the pressure.

He read negotiate like a pro by Poppa Harris and George Gervin. Now he needs to read how to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.

I don't get it. Your not performing at your best for a while now, a small smattering of people boo you, your making top dollar and you want zero smoke. It sounds like the start of Ben Simmons all over again. Come on Harris get thicker skin and stay of Realgm.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers