Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 5, 2022 7:50 pm

Zion Williamson will dial back his rehab to only partial weight bearing activities. Williamson is continuing his rehabilitation in Portland instead of New Orleans, but remains under supervision of the team.

“Since we notified everyone on December 16 of his latest imaging, it was decided then by our medical team to dial his rehab back to only partial weight bearing activities. He continues along that path,” stated Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We also agreed that in order to put Zion in the best position to succeed, he will rehab away from the team at this time so he can focus on the task at hand.”

“As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult process for me,” said Williamson. “I know there’s work to be done in my recovery before I can safely return to the court, but I will continue to put in the time necessary so I can get back on the floor with my team and represent Pelicans fans and the city of New Orleans at the highest level. Basketball means everything to me, and I am thankful for the Pelicans organization and everyone who has surrounded me with love and support throughout this journey – my family, friends, teammates, coaches, staff, fans, and everybody who has stood behind me and uplifted me when I needed it most.”

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#2 » by BigTex » Wed Jan 5, 2022 8:11 pm

Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,079

Post#3 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:00 pm

BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.

Nah. The sport doc for Brandon Roy and Greg Oden will do just fine.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#4 » by Euphonetiks » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:14 pm

BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.

Or Nike HQ
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#5 » by jakebernat » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:18 pm

the only thing he’s dialing is the number for room service. it’s sad that we’re literally watching a generational talent self-implode.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#6 » by saltybs » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:36 pm

jakebernat wrote:the only thing he’s dialing is the number for room service. it’s sad that we’re literally watching a generational talent self-implode.

ha nice one
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:44 pm

How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

People are making this about Zion's weight, but I'll bet it has far more to do with NOP embracing the tank.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#8 » by CobraCommander » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:25 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:

Or Nike HQ

Wonder if they could be more specific than ‘Portland’.

Nike isn’t in Portland btw- I know Beaverton is close to Portland but if going to be non descriptive about the location of his rehab you could at least say - Zion is going to get treatment and do rehab with Dr X, who works with Nike and is the foremost expert on fat athletes that can jump 50”s with foot issues.

Btw- dialing back rehab means decreased intensity which is normal with foot injuries and stress fractures.

I bet he Is on the bone stimulator, prp, stem cell, infrared treatment, 50000 IU vitamin D and epat....using the zero g machine and is still feeling pain...when that happens you dial it back
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#9 » by Euphonetiks » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:39 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Or Nike HQ

Wonder if they could be more specific than ‘Portland’.

Nike isn’t in Portland btw- I know Beaverton is close to Portland but if going to be non descriptive about the location of his rehab you could at least say - Zion is going to get treatment and do rehab with Dr X, who works with Nike and is the foremost expert on fat athletes that can jump 50”s with foot issues.

Btw- dialing back rehab means decreased intensity which is normal with foot injuries and stress fractures.

I bet he Is on the bone stimulator, prp, stem cell, infrared treatment, 50000 IU vitamin D and epat....using the zero g machine and is still feeling pain...when that happens you dial it back

His surgery was done in SoCal by Dr. Fertel. Supposedly a Pels trainer is in Portland with him. Cannot imagine he would be rehabbing anywhere other than the Nike facility (I know it's in Beaverton, but that's like 15-20 minutes away?)
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#10 » by tidho » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:47 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

People are making this about Zion's weight, but I'll bet it has far more to do with NOP embracing the tank.

you don't dial back rehab to partial weight activities only in order to tank, you do it so his fat ass doesn't break his surgically repaired foot.

worse, doing it across the country certainly isn't the team's idea, this is them gritting their teeth and smiling while he has them by the balls.

absolutely horrible situation for NO.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#11 » by Biff » Wed Jan 5, 2022 11:03 pm

Fat boy needs to be put on a diet if he ever wants to play professional basketball again.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Dleushon
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#12 » by Dleushon » Thu Jan 6, 2022 1:38 am

He is soo... Knicks bound. I just hope he can bounce back into form and not be this generations Eddie Curry.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,208

Post#13 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:05 am

tidho wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

you don't dial back rehab to partial weight activities only in order to tank, you do it so his fat ass doesn't break his surgically repaired foot.

worse, doing it across the country certainly isn't the team's idea, this is them gritting their teeth and smiling while he has them by the balls.

absolutely horrible situation for NO.

Not the Team's idea for sure but NO wasn't doing Zion any good and Nike is protecting their investment and may do much better keeping him in line. Sucks for for the Pets but better if they get him back than he just gets reinsured and never plays for them again I guess.
blahblah312
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#14 » by blahblah312 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:14 am

dailing back on the cajun cooking away from the cream and heavy gravy food into the land of nuts and boredom.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,551

Post#15 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:47 pm

I´m so happy Memphis lose the ping pong ball to Pels that year
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#16 » by BooRadleysHouse » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:36 pm

Incoming: Damian Lillard for Zion Williamson & Brandon Ingram. Zion knows and that's why he is there. And the Earth is flat and run by lizard people.
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#17 » by The KnicksFix » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:36 am

Dleushon wrote:He is soo... Knicks bound. I just hope he can bounce back into form and not be this generations Eddie Curry.

Can’t be. We tied the cap up in Julius Randle :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion