ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2 

Post#1 » by niQ » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:45 am

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Re: Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2 

Post#2 » by Reeko » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:50 am

Gonna get me some 1st page real estate.

Great that we're winning and that we have a healthy roster, but I do miss those 25 and 10 games from Scottie. He's going to have to take the role of #1 option, I don't think Fred or Pascal are going to just hand it to him.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,341

Post#3 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:53 am

He’s been playing great adjusting as the 5th option now. Him playing the gasol role in 1st q then back up pg when fred sits just speaks to how intriguing of a player he is
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#4 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:55 am

Re-linking what got me delirious about what Scottie could become. Again, Thorpe had Scottie #2 in the draft.

And my favourite quote:
He REALLY knows how to play basketball… I want guys who can help win championships. There’s more to it than just scoring.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,259

Post#5 » by mrdressup » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:03 am

I've come to terms that we won't use him enough for him to win ROY, but that's not on him. It's what he will be in 4-5 years when all the other starters are gone that maters.
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#6 » by dgr81 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:07 am

mrdressup wrote:I've come to terms that we won't use him enough for him to win ROY, but that's not on him. It's what he will be in 4-5 years when all the other starters are gone that maters.

I don't even care if he wins ROY or even ROTM.

I want his game to improve and I want him to be a part of a winning culture. Next year the raps need to get harder working players to surround him with. The effort put forth by some of the raptors bench players is not something Scottie needs to be around.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#7 » by anotherhomer » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:11 am

Improvement is all I care about
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#8 » by BillyGM » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:17 am

skys the limit for the kid
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,989

Post#9 » by DelAbbot » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:20 am

pricing will out of 1st page real estate
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#10 » by Madhouse » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:27 am

2022 5th option Scottie Barnes is Kyle Anderson on the Raptors.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#11 » by alienchild » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:34 am

dgr81 wrote:
mrdressup wrote:I've come to terms that we won't use him enough for him to win ROY, but that's not on him. It's what he will be in 4-5 years when all the other starters are gone that maters.

I don't even care if he wins ROY or even ROTM.

I want his game to improve and I want him to be a part of a winning culture. Next year the raps need to get harder working players to surround him with. The effort put forth by some of the raptors bench players is not something Scottie needs to be around.

That's an absurd comment.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,807

Post#12 » by Los_29 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:35 am

Reeko wrote:Gonna get me some 1st page real estate.

Great that we're winning and that we have a healthy roster, but I do miss those 25 and 10 games from Scottie. He's going to have to take the role of #1 option, I don't think Fred or Pascal are going to just hand it to him.

What makes you think they won’t give it to Scottie if and when he’s ready to take on that role?

Remember these guys won a championship just 2.5 years ago. I think I need to see some evidence to suggest these guys wont hand Scottie the keys if he’s ready. Lol
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#13 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:38 am

Los_29 wrote:

What makes you think they won’t give it to Scottie if and when he’s ready to take on that role?

Remember these guys won a championship just 2.5 years ago. I think I need to see some evidence to suggest these guys wont hand Scottie the keys if he’s ready. Lol

This is a different situation. Pascal and Fred were young guys then who deferred to an established superstar in Kawhi.

Scottie would be seen as a young guy trying to usurp Pascal and Fred, who are now the established vets. They'll definitely hand over the keys when he's ready, but I expect some push-back at first. Nobody wants to relinquish usage to someone else after they've been the #1 option(s) for years.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,807

Post#14 » by Los_29 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:43 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

This is an entirely different situation. Pascal and Fred were young guys then who deferred to an established superstar in Kawhi.

Scottie is a rookie trying to usurp Pascal and Fred, who are now the established vets.

Yes definitely but they both are competitors who want to win. If Scottie is the best player on the court they will defer to him because that's what would make the team better. And it's that attitude that enabled them to win a championship. They played their roles and were huge contributors to a championship team.

There is literally nothing to suggest that Pascal and Fred won't hand the keys to Scottie if and when he's ready. Nothing at all.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,110

Post#15 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:48 am

And is that a bad thing? I personally think the idea guys have to be given 1st option reps to improve is just BS. He has to improve, and he has to know he has to improve. What better way than internal competition?

Lowry did not hinder FVV's development, did he? Powell improved behind Demar and Kawhi, no? Siakam somehow progressed even though he was a rim runner in year 1. OG became a legitimate option even though Kawhi forced him to the bench.

Barnes is doing more in year 1 than any other one of our starters did in their first season, or 2, or even 3. He is going to be JUST. FINE.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#16 » by Reeko » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:04 am

Los_29 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

This is an entirely different situation. Pascal and Fred were young guys then who deferred to an established superstar in Kawhi.

Scottie is a rookie trying to usurp Pascal and Fred, who are now the established vets.

Yes definitely but they both are competitors who want to win. If Scottie is the best player on the court they will defer to him because that's what would make the team better. And it's that attitude that enabled them to win a championship. They played their roles and were huge contributors to a championship team.

There is literally nothing to suggest that Pascal and Fred won't hand the keys to Scottie if and when he's ready. Nothing at all.

I never said they wouldn't. My point was that he's going to have to firmly establish himself as the clear cut #1 option through his play, and they're not going to hand him that role. We might not see this happen until year 3 or 4 of Scottie's career.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#17 » by Dude-niagara » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:05 am

Dude it's never going to happen until Masai steps in, Fred & Siakam will just ice him and take turns jacking 25 plus shots for 30 points looking like stars against under manned teams while Scottie getting scrub attempts. He is a glorified garbage man player playing behind those two. Now you here fans who don't understand the game saying…. WHATS WRONG WITH SCOTTIE? Hard to score 25 points on 6 shots.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by Dude-niagara » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:13 am

Reeko wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

I never said they wouldn't. My point was that he's going to have to firmly establish himself as the clear cut #1 option through his play, and they're not going to hand him that role. We might not see this happen until year 3 or 4 of Scottie's career.

Only way that happens is trading one of those two or Scottie always never getting near top option, they will just ice him. You see Fred ever trying to feed his rookie into a big game like Lowry use to do? He was smoking hot in that Nets game and did not touch the play in OT because Siakam & Fred needed their glory. They iced him in that game and now were seeing it more and more
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by Dude-niagara » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:18 am

I guarantee Fred or Siakam never go two games with less than 10 attempts,
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#20 » by Reeko » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:23 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Only way that happens is trading one of those two or Scottie always never getting near top option, they will just ice him. You see Fred ever trying to feed his rookie into a big game like Lowry use to do? He was smoking hot in that Nets game and did not touch the play in OT because Siakam & Fred needed their glory. They iced him in that game and now were seeing it more and more

I think we have to be patient. Siakam definitely does not ice him, he's probably the one guy who actively looks for Scottie. As for Fred, I think he takes a while to really trust his teammates, especially when they're new to the team. These guys are smart players, eventually they'll get to a point where it all falls into place naturally.

If anything, we may need to send one of Gary or OG packing, so we can get a good center and to get Scottie more shots. I'm sure it's not a popular idea, especially the thought of trading OG (which I hate), but if we can improve the team I don't see why we wouldn't.

Return to Toronto Raptors