Twitter Posts Not Showing Up on Firefox

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,719

Twitter Posts Not Showing Up on Firefox 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm having a problem seeing Twitter links when they're posted. I will see "Read on Twitter" instead of the full link. I will include screenshots at the bottom for reference.

So far these are the steps that I have tried:

1) I tried using Google Chrome and the links showed up in full, so I realized that it is not something new to RealGM.

2) I thought it may be because of Firefox, so I downloaded it on my phone but everything worked fine there too.

3) I decided to delete all board cookies, my entire internet cache, as well as all of my browser data. But still no luck after a restart.

I'm not really computer savvy so I apologize if the solution is simple. But this is as far as my PC knowledge goes.

Screenshots:

This is from my Firefox browser on my PC

This is from my Firefox browser on my Phone

As you can see, it's the exact same post, but one can see the entire tweet while the other cannot. I will also say that Youtube videos show up fine if that's related at all.

Thank you to anyone who helps out!
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Re: Twitter Posts Not Showing Up on Firefox 

Post#2 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jul 1, 2021 8:31 pm

Nobody has had this issue? It's so annoying!
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#3 » by Courtside » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:15 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Nobody has had this issue? It's so annoying!

I have the same issue and gave up trying to fix it a couple of years ago. Nobody gives a **** to make these things - or the advertising - to work properly.

Realgm has needed an overhaul for nearly a decade now, but it runs well enough that even in its neglected operating state, it has a large and loyal following makes money for Howard. That's it. It's like a restaurant with bad bathrooms and stanky beer and patrons who fight and corrupt bouncers that get off on mistreating people, but almost everyone keeps coming back and the money is good enough to keep the doors open - which doesn't come from the foor or beer but from endorsements and sponsors If it has made you money to do other things in life, why would you re-invest anything into improvements or make changes that risk losing revenue from the sponsors who like the cheap advertising relative to the high traffic flow and hiighway visibility for their signs?

It's really a shame.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Courtside wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Nobody has had this issue? It's so annoying!

I have the same issue and gave up trying to fix it a couple of years ago. Nobody gives a **** to make these things - or the advertising - to work properly.

Realgm has needed an overhaul for nearly a decade now, but it runs well enough that even in its neglected operating state, it has a large and loyal following makes money for Howard. That's it. It's like a restaurant with bad bathrooms and stanky beer and patrons who fight and corrupt bouncers that get off on mistreating people, but almost everyone keeps coming back and the money is good enough to keep the doors open - which doesn't come from the foor or beer but from endorsements and sponsors If it has made you money to do other things in life, why would you re-invest anything into improvements or make changes that risk losing revenue from the sponsors who like the cheap advertising relative to the high traffic flow and hiighway visibility for their signs?

It's really a shame.

I'm so salty man. If I'm using my PC it's frustrating to have to click on every "Read on Twitter" link :roll:
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:08 pm

is it possible a Firefox add on is causing this?

It works for me about 90% of the time... tweets do occasionally just come back blank for me on here
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:36 pm

This issue should be posted here.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1253356

I have issues on other sites with different browsers.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#7 » by Flopper » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:25 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm having a problem seeing Twitter links when they're posted. I will see "Read on Twitter" instead of the full link. I will include screenshots at the bottom for reference.

1) I tried using Google Chrome and the links showed up in full, so I realized that it is not something new to RealGM.

2) I thought it may be because of Firefox, so I downloaded it on my phone but everything worked fine there too.

3) I decided to delete all board cookies, my entire internet cache, as well as all of my browser data. But still no luck after a restart.

I'm not really computer savvy so I apologize if the solution is simple. But this is as far as my PC knowledge goes.

Screenshots:

As you can see, it's the exact same post, but one can see the entire tweet while the other cannot. I will also say that Youtube videos show up fine if that's related at all.

Try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection (click on the shield icon to the left of the address bar).
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#8 » by dream34 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:40 pm

Did that work? It seems specific to some Firefox browser settings that may need to be adjusted.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:13 am

Flopper wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Hey guys,

Screenshots:

Try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection (click on the shield icon to the left of the address bar).

Thanks so much! It worked!
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:13 am

dream34 wrote:Did that work? It seems specific to some Firefox browser settings that may need to be adjusted.

It did! Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't logged in for a while.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions